Decisions, decisions | Pad Patter 2.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Feb 1, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol I am sure your days are all about inpatients & outpatients these days; -) I am glad to know someone so decisive, I should have got you or Sara @Tree City tO just pick my paint for me!

jenn mccabe and Tree City like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’d say 75% of the time I’m pretty decisive but other times i’m more indecisive. The bigger/more long term something is the more indecisive I am about it and tend to ask for more advice to enable me to make a decision

bellbird likes this.
  3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

As I have gotten older, decisions come so much more easily. I definitely don't sweat the small stuff. But I used to be obsessive. I know how you feel.

bellbird likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This sounds like the best benefit / side effect of indecision I've come across! (I couldn't even choose the right word there! :eyeroll

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Thanks! Thats actually good to know! Something to look forward to!

6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Can I hire one of you decisive people to make good decisions for me?
    Yeah, I'm in the indecisive camp, beyond so that I will go back and forth forever if I can get away with it.

bellbird likes this.
  7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

This is exactly me, too!

IntenseMagic and bellbird like this.
  8. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

ohhh I think that you should ask for the naming fairy to update your name with this # !!!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Bwahaha!

Ferdy likes this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Decisive.

Except maybe when it comes to purchasing big-ticket items.

bellbird likes this.
  11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hmm - Several years back I was picking out paint for my living room. I thought I had it and then the day I went to get paint I changed my mind. It was not a big change, just a bit more green than my original choice. I painted the whole room, woke up the next morning and hated it. So I went back to the store and got my original choice. It took less paint for that second color and years later I still like it.

I can be indecisive; some times if you wait long enough others will decide or the opportunity expires. I do tend to do lots of research and yes, spreadsheets... like the one I made to plan the wedding rehearsal dinner. I need to make that decision in a few days. Only the bride had a strong opinion but left the choice to me.

Usually my DH or I will be in a "do not buy" or "do anything" mood and often keeps the other "sane". But let's admit it, we own multiple things because both of us were in the "impulse" mood at the same time. So sometimes those indecisive people are good to have around.

bellbird likes this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Speaking of paint --- funny story --- so I wanted to paint the downstairs bathroom a sort of yellow green and had paint strips of various shades taped on the wall to help me decide. An older friend was over and after using my bathroom, asked if they were strips to help determine poop color. She was serious. That gave me a good laugh, but I did stay away from the browner greens.

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG - didn't even realize I wrote that - so funny. Yes inpatients are on my mind 24/7 these days, LOL!

bellbird likes this.
  14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I can usually choose options quickly, the only time I dilly dally is when someone else is paying for my meal - then I want to see how much others are spending. My hubby is the worst though, he is usually the slowest.

bellbird likes this.
  15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm decisive but always do extensive research first (if the situation calls for it), so I'm not necessarily quick.

bellbird likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol! That's hilarious!

17. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'm at the decisive end of the spectrum. I tend to have a go-to meal for the restaurants we go to regularly so that's not an issue. Deciding a restaurant sometimes is - that's why my husband has an app on his phone that you can input options and then when you use the app, it's a roulette wheel that picks for you. :)

bellbird likes this.
  18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Usually decisive.
    I'm indecisive when I don't care. So say I'm not in the mood for a certain food, then I defer to hubby and kids and let them decide. But when we get there, I can make a decision on my choice off the menu quickly.

bellbird likes this.
  19. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Sorry I am late in seeing this. As a retired designer, what I always tell my clients is to buy a small sample can of the paint you want to use and paint a 1 foot by 1 foot square on your wall. Then live with it anywhere from a couple days to a week. Look at the color at different times of the day and night. Believe me, the color will change according to sunlight and nighttime. You may love a color during the day but hate how it looks at night. Reminds me of a story of one client I had who wanted green on her living room wall. I knew with the color scheme we were using, green wouldn't work so I told her about the sample square. I came back a week later and she had twelve squares of different shades of green all over her wall!!!!! OUCH!! She finally agreed green wouldn't work and we would go with the terracotta I suggested. We mixed all the greens together and painted her bedroom and it came out lovely!!
    Oh, and me and decisions? Yeah, I pretty much know what I want. I will research something first and then make up my mind what I want to do. I am moving into a new apartment and sorta know what I want it to look like. Now to go out to the stores and find what I want. THAT'S the chore!!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol DH already bought the paint so I'm living with it regardless of how it looks now!
    I totally agree finding what you picture in your head is the trickiest - it's hard enough to get it out on the page with digi when we can tweak so much with programs, in real life it's so much harder!