Facebook Fast Five|Pad Patter 2.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? Extremely DISLIKE it. I finally deleted my account instead of just repeatedly deactivating it.
    2. Do you have an account? Not anymore
    3. Do you use it for yourself? No
    4. Do you follow people or stores?
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? I can't check now, but it was way back at the beginning. There wasn't too much going on at that time. It was a place where family and friends from different locations could actually chat.

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? I love that it’s a great way to communicate. I wish it wasn’t so ugly. Google+ was prettier.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes. I joined in January 2009.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes. I post whenever I want to share something, every few days. Like yesterday I posted about the book I finished reading. And a few days ago I posted my daughter’s most recent music video.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? Both. I’ve learned to click Like on posts from people and businesses I want to show up in my feed more. Interacting is even better.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? I think it’s 2 years old. It’s the same as the one I use here on TLP and everywhere else.

bestcee likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? It has become an important part of communications. Sigh. I am on often during the day, but I refuse to do it on my phone. That app annoys me.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes since 2008 or so - when I found out my son was on it.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes - probably too much...
    4. Do you follow people or stores? Yes, TLP and my favorite designers plus some other scrapping groups, Skinny Taste (love her recipes), our city, Carolina Tiger Rescue (cute wild kitties), etc.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? From last June

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? Meh about it these days.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes, joined in 2009 to see if I could find a college friend I lost touch with when she was moving all over (military). I was in her wedding and I found her right away.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Pretty much use it to only keep up with family and close friends. I don't post a whole lot these days.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? I have a few local pages and groups that I follow. One group is a local emergency group that is very helpful during bad weather. It is also how I found out about the horrible fire in town on Christmas Eve and last spring it was how I found it the power outage was the whole town. I do have several groups that I am semi-active in. I choose to not have these hit my feed but go directly to the group page to read posts. That way my feed is mainly friends and family posts.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? Less than 2 years because it is Peyton and she's not 2 yet.

Just thought I would add this after reading others responses... If I hadn't found an add-on for FB 3 years ago, I would have been out of there. It is an app that lets you choose what to have showing on your feed. You can filter out phrases (anything political or New England Patriots related for me). I can set it to only show most recent posts (and it stays that way) or even posts from friends only. I also don't see ads on the sidebars anymore since I filtered them out. My FB screen is no longer littered with the stuff FB wants me to see but with what I want to see. Best of all, the add-on is FREE. The developer of the add-on has his work cut out for him with all the changes FB constantly makes but he keeps up with it and puts out releases that lets you change things to the way you want them to show up. The add-on is called Fluff Busting Purity (website: fbpurity.com ) and FB does not want you to know about it!!! It has multiple good reviews for legitimate sources as well so I have always felt comfortable using it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

On this day, February 4, 2004, Facebook was founded. So, here's your Fast Five for Facebook.
    1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? Meh! I use it because some of my friends use it.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes plus some groups require it.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? Mostly people, TLP, and the groups that I'm in
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? About 3 years old. My TLP is about 2 years old.

bestcee likes this.
  6. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it?
    Meh. I used to like it. But took what was supposed to be a brief hiatus over the summer and never really returned.
    2. Do you have an account?
    Yes
    3. Do you use it for yourself?
    Not so much. If I do pop on, I'm looking at photos that family or friends have posted. I might occasionally share some more recent photos of my kids so family that's far away can see.
    Yes, I follow TLP and a bunch of the designers here and from a couple other stores. Mostly I have close friends and family.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook?
    I also had to back and look! The photo is from last March but I added a FB frame in April.

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? It's a big time waster. I love that I can keep it touch with friends and family that I normally wouldn't see. But sometimes it's just too much drama.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes, since 2008 when my brother moved and he urged me to join.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes,
    4. Do you follow people or stores? Yes, too many to count.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? This picture (the same one I'm using here, too) is from November 2018, so pretty recent. I used my last one for almost 6 years. It was taken at my daughter's wedding in 2013, and for all that time it was the best picture I ever had taken. But it was time for a change since I've lost a lot of weight recently.

8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? Love it! It's where I go daily to interact with lots of friends, family, and groups.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes, for me personally. I am also in about 15 different groups, several that I admin. I also have my own Facebook blog, "Read Now, Clean Later". And I admin 2 pages for an organization that I belong to.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? Yes, I follow lots of people. Besides family and friends, I follow stores, designers, authors, publishers, and all sorts of other useful things like local government.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? Less than 1 month. I'm using a photo of me that was taken for the MOC 7 Morning, Noon, Night Challenge.

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? It's the way I keep in touch with most of my scrappy friends & older out-of-town relatives so yeah, it's fine.
    2. Do you have an account? Yes.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes? As opposed to...? Oh, like for a store or business? I also run the Facebook page for the church where I work.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? I don't follow 'regular' people but I do follow businesses & celebrities.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? I just changed it to a picture of me when I was 3 years old but generally my profile pic is recent. I change it once every couple of months.

10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? I guess I would fall between a Meh and hate. SOOOOO much drama!!!! People need to get a life!!
    2. Do you have an account? Yes, I have two. But one I don't use anymore. Should delete it, I guess.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? Yes
    4. Do you follow people or stores? I follow my friends, some groups I belong to, scrapbook sites and lots of designers.
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? Oh good heavens, OLD!! Don't remember cause my daughter set me up and I do NOT have a tech. mind!! Have no idea how to change it or how to change that picture that you put across the top.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is kinda funny! Mine had some Brexit stuff in it, but I never thought about how far off the algorithm must be for that to happen!
    I totally understand that!

Weed out the misery guts! I love that phrase!

Chippi likes this.
  12. bestcee

This drives me insane! My mom the other day said "Did you know cousin had her baby? Did you see it on Facebook?" My reply: "Um, I didn't even know she was pregnant." Mom: "Oh, she posted it on Facebook!"

This sounds happy and peaceful.

I laughed. Stealing photos!

Positive is always good!

We have a FB group for the neighborhood. I let DH be part of that because it gets so much drama! There's another site called "Next Door" that I prefer because you can report the drama. It stays to actually important stuff!

Maybe it's like a kid? Now it's in the teen years and went off the deep end? (Not that you'd ever hate your kid, but hate their actions? Totally!)

THIS! Oh my gosh! It's been so bad lately! It's notified me of things being posted 1 hour ago that were posted 4 days ago! And that I've already seen. Seriously, it's driving me so nuts.

13. bestcee

This is so true! I shared a lot more 8-9 years ago. Now I hardly post anything.

I hate this with a passion! Especially the ones that add you to groups because "I thought you'd like the product". Ugh!

This is so true! I miss blogs though. I liked them better than FB, and I feel like people moved away from blogging with FB.

I have a quote by Lin-Manuel Miranda from Twitter in 2016: "Good morning. Do NOT get stuck in the comments section of life today. Make, do, create the things. Let others tussle it out." I have to remind myself of that every so often.

This made me laugh! There's a class that uses it for communication despite the class being all about online security.

And how old is your TLP photo?

Truth! I do get a little frustrated with all the things that try to force interaction through FB.

You know my sister?!?!? Sigh. Seriously. She can be the worst because she likes to also document through memes and tag people.

KimJ and Ferdy like this.
  14. bestcee

Good for you!

I totally missed that Google+ was closing until the end of last week.

I refuse to use the app. I open the mobile site, which can be more annoying because they want me to use the app instead.

This is good to know! I also have FB in a container tab through firefox. It seems to work as FB can't see what I google search anymore.

That's how I feel about my homeschool groups that I have to use it for!

I did something similar in October. And now I really pop in about once a day unless I'm planning/participating in an event planned on it.

It's a good photo! And congrats on the weight loss!

Oh my gosh! That's a lot. Are they chatty type groups? I know I have about 4 that are just yard sale groups.

I think when I wrote the question I was thinking do you use it, or are you on it just for a group, or a business reason or whatever. Sometimes my questions aren't clear to me, but I love the responses I get!
    I once asked about a favorite temperature expecting "70's" or "80's" and instead got very precise temperatures! It was fun to see the ranges.

:compcoffee

15. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Some are. Some are very specific in purpose like the designer that I do template converting to .page files for or my book club that's mainly for announcements. A bunch are author's readers groups which tend to be very chatty, but I do a lot of just scrolling through to see what's being talked about without necessarily responding myself. Groups are a great way to chat with people who have similar interests.

bestcee and Pachimac like this.
  16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I use FB a lot for private groups for homeschooling and religion - people who have similar beliefs, etc...it's a lonely place on Social Media when you are a conservative.

bestcee and HavaDrPepper like this.
  17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it?
      1. I am meh about it in general
    2. Do you have an account?
      1. Yes
    3. Do you use it for yourself?
      1. Well... sort of. I am a moderator/admin of several groups, and thats where i spend the majority of my Facebook time. I don't spend tons of time following up on people.
      1. People, but i will "like" or "be a fan" of some pages
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook?
      1. About 7 months. From when I met some of my Facebook group/online friends in Michigan last summer.

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

That's so fun!

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Do you love it? Hate it? Meh it? Meh.
    2. Do you have an account? yup.
    3. Do you use it for yourself? yup.
    4. Do you follow people or stores? both - but I use it mostly for groups of interest/support now (mostly related to my son so I can follow what he is up to/learn from other families who are more experienced than I am). I'll log on bc someone tags me and check out that post. Then I scroll through maybe 15 things on my timeline and get bored! Animals doing cute things always make me stop and look though!
    5. How old is your profile pic on Facebook? from Nov. & it's time to change it!

20. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

1. I absolutely hate it ( far to many self opinionated, discriminating, down right stupid people on it )
    2. yes ,unfortunately because I need it for class, as the teacher post lesson info only on the class facebook group. (wish they would't do that )
    3.No I don't use it for my self.
    4.No I don't follow anyone or any thing apart from school related, I have content blocked on nearly everything. only 2 friends ( class mates because we share transport )
    5.3 years old don't really know ( only my time line shows , that is of water)