dSLR or phone-camera?

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by SharLamb, Oct 17, 2018.

1. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I'm just lazy and although "learning" is one of my strengths from Strengths Quest; I have no desire to really learn how to use a "big girl" camera. So it's just my Samsung S9+ for me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  2. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

I hear you! I love the photos I capture with my DSLR and quite like editing them because it gives so many room for editing. But.... the size is definitely something discouraging. So I also find myself taking photos more with my phone.

3. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Gosh, for me, it would be my Nikon for sure! But, then again, I have a crappy smartphone. It is super slow to focus, has a lag while taking shots, and just isn't as high quality. My Nikon has been in the shop, and I'm dying trying to take pictures of my boys! They always hide their faces when they hear the camera, but with my Nikon, it was so fast I could always get a shot or two before they noticed. On my phone cam right now are a ton of pics that have motion blurs from my boys trying to quickly cover their heads LOL. That said, if I had a "good" phone, I'd be very tempted to just use that. If the focus and capture speed is there, I'd be all about that. I'd still take the Nikon though for special or artistic shots just to have more flexibility!

bestcee likes this.