February 2019 Book Club - Where the Crawdads Sing

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Here we go! This will be our first selection for 2019. I decided to start in February instead of January because we are all going to be busy scrapping every day in January for MOC. Or at least I am! :giggle And also because there are many popular selections that could take awhile to check out from our libraries.

Like I've been doing the last couple of times, I am posting the next few months (February -May) all at once, so we can all get these books on hold at our libraries in time. :) The book we will be reading for February 2019 is Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Please label spoilers or even type them in white like I just did right here(highlight that blank space) so that a person has to highlight it to read it.

[​IMG]

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Wow, this is a popular book! I just put the audiobook on hold at my library and I'm number 40 in line for 4 copies. I would rather have had the ebook but it had even more requests, and the paper book had even more that that!

Karen likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am #12 on one copy! It looks fabulous. I'm gonna give it a go! Gotta do audio, cause I'm crazy organizing my house during MOC! yeppers! chaos is my middle name

Karen likes this.
  4. Karen

I just recently finished this book and it is SO good! I hope everyone can get theirs on reserve and receive it by February! I can't wait to hear other people's reactions.

umyesh and michelepixels like this.
  5. jaharvey

jaharvey Well-Known Member

I'm #33 in line for the audio book. I hope I get it in time!

Karen likes this.
  6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm very excited about this book.
    I couldn't get the english version from our library and I've been advised to read the english version. So I'm gonna buy either the actual book or the ebook. Not sure. If it's that good, I might want to go with a physical copy.

Karen likes this.
  7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

On the waiting list at the library...I started requesting the large print....shorter waiting list!

Karen likes this.
  8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Interesting choice but it seems hard to get here in Sweden...

Karen likes this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'll put a request in now for any version of the book I can get

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Karen likes this.
  10. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

First timer at the reading pad....are there any guidelines? When are we "meeting" etc? It must be beginner's luck, 1st hold on 14 copies (I had to request large print). Happy dance!

11. Karen

We don't have an official meeting time. We first do a suggestions thread where everyone can put their ideas in. Then we vote on our top four books and once those are selected I create a separate thread for each of the four books and loosely assign them to a month. Once the threads are posted though you can read any of those books whenever it works for you and then when you want to discuss the book (after you finish or while you're reading) you just post in that thread. The only thing we do is make sure to change the color of your text for any spoilers to white, so that people who just pop into the thread don't accidentally see the spoilers. Make sense? I'm glad you'll be joining us! The more the merrier I say! :)

berniek and michele hillam like this.
  12. michelepixels

Just started listening to the audiobook today! Pleasant voice!

busywoman139, Karen and MrsEm like this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I am next on hold for this audio book!!!

Karen and djp332 like this.
  14. michelepixels

I just finished listening to this! It’s fantastic! Sad, but beautiful and wonderfully told. I’m about to head in to work, typing on my phone, and it’s quite early in the month so that’s all I’ll say for now.

15. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I'm still 34th in line for this! Out of 503! :eek: But there are 85 copies to go around so I think I'll have it probably next week.

16. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Grabbed the Kindle version just now. Though it's crazy busy at school right now, I hope to read this soon.

17. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!!

umyesh and Karen like this.
  18. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm listening to it and love it so far. I just got to the part that mentions the title of the book. :)

Karen and michelepixels like this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was not expecting much from this one, the lackluster cover didn't grab my attention and the book description didn't sound like anything too exciting but.....holy cow....was this good! I was so surprised and the more I read, the more I couldn't put it down. I think this will be one of my fave books of 2019.

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've got waiting on my shelf at Scribd. I'm waiting until I have my eye procedure in two weeks and my eyes will be dilated for about 12 hours to listen to it. (If I can wait that long.)

busywoman139 and Karen like this.