Subscription Recommendation: Scribd

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by busywoman139, Jan 12, 2019.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

KellyM and bestcee like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I tried another trial yesterday, from audible, but know that I won't renew that one b/c I'm not paying $15 (Canadian) for 1 book each month. I found one at our digi library to download too. I also downloaded the waze app which I read about online to read thru instead of directly thru the scribd app...but no luck. So, I got into my car last night and tried all 3 books from scribd, audible and library. None of them had audio. They show the time slider moving but nothing is happening.

But then I had an ah-ha moment. I wondered if it was my bluetooth car audio player that was not cooperating and after fiddling with my phone for a few minutes, I was able to tell my phone to play thru my car player and voila...it worked. So I was able to get all 3 books working.

I gave up on "Becoming", it just didn't hold my interest enough, just listening, I think I might enjoy that more with reading it as I tend to skim thru sections of books that don't hold my attention. But I started listening to Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick and am enjoying that. Woohoo....I got it to work.

I am so thankful for our reading group here b/c without a discussion about audiobooks I'm pretty sure I'd never have given it a thought and tried it and I know I never would have discovered scribd.

3. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

@bcgal00 I'm so glad you were able to work through the issue and get it going!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@busywoman139 Thank you SO much for the referral! I'm signed up for a two month free trial! I have one book on my list already.

busywoman139 likes this.
  5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, so here's the gal that knows NOTHING teckie about audio books!! Never tried it, have no idea how to; but would like to try as I will be driving from Michigan to Connecticut this summer and also possibly a trip to South Carolina------so----what do I do and how do I start????? Oh, and I don't even know what bluetooth is!!! :cornfused:helpy

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're cracking me up, girl. :giggle:giggle:giggle

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I’m loving scribd for audio books as I drive. I’m on my second book now

busywoman139 likes this.
  8. busywoman139

@NancyP I'm happy to assist and answer any questions you may have! To start off, you can just go to the Scribd website, create an account and sign up for the trial. You can listen and read directly from their website. The next step would be to download their app, they have an app for both iOS and Android. Once the app is downloaded, you will sign in using the account information you set up previously on the website. Now you can listen or read on your phone! Let me know if you run into any issues.

9. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I had never heard of Scribd before - I'm definitely going to give it a try! Thank you so much for the info!!

busywoman139 likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Not sure how I missed this thread... I'd never heard of scribd before, so thanks for the info! I'm going to check it out! :)

busywoman139 likes this.
  11. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

I have Scribd and LOVE it! My husband and I listen to audiobooks on our commute, and, well a lot of other times! I always have a couple going :) Just finished Girl, Wash Your Face and LOVED it!

busywoman139 likes this.
  12. busywoman139

I’ve heard so many good things about that book, I need to add it to my TBR! I also heard a friend highly recommend the documentary movie about Rachel Hollis called Made For More; it’s free on Prime.

13. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Thanks @jesskab - going to check out student discounts and squid too!

jesskab likes this.