Brrr

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Jan 30, 2019.

1. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Yikes! I can't even imagine cold like that. Our coldest day here in the DC-area is going to be tomorrow. Coldest time is predicted to be around 6 or 7 am, with a temp of 5 degrees and a real feel of -11. That's practically balmy compared to what some of you are dealing with, but it's enough for us to probably have tomorrow off for cold. (We're off today, too, for a mix of icy conditions this morning and the cold coming later today. It's cold enough that the schools with extra classrooms in trailers can't keep them warm enough, so they close.)

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

We just got a text from consumers energy (the gas company) saying that all consumers should set their heat to 65 degrees to conserve energy until at least Friday. So weird.

3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

4. Sokee

Bundle up ladies!!! 7FB54FA6-BC55-416F-8341-C73EE7DD8A69.jpeg

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Copied from a friend's Facebook post, who copied it from someone else:
    My husband works at one of the GM factories that are closing to conserve energy, so he will be home with the kids and I am actually *at* work today, instead of working at home. (I'll work better here, with my additional monitors, than at home, with the family around. I don't have a good set-up for working from home, so I work at the dining room table.)

I actually wondered if my car would start -- I last drove it just before the wind chill advisory started -- but I think it was just the cold. In the three years I've owned it, this was maybe the second time I turned on the heated seats. :)

weaselwatchr and Sokee like this.
  6. Sokee

I don’t have heated seats in my car, took a weekend trip with my sister who does and she LOVES hers but after about 1/2 hour I was asking how to shut them off. My a$$ was starting to sweat!

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It was colder here yesterday than it was at the North Pole. Fun times.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I turn mine on whenever I drive to Utah. The heat helps my back. Granted, I can only have them on so long when it's warm. But I love having the option!

We routinely keep our heat between 65 and 67 because I hate paying for heat. Sadly, the thermostat is upstairs (seriously! who designs a house that way!?!? Heat rises!!) so the downstairs where we work is usually between 63-65. When I start to feel cold, I go outside for a minute or so. It makes the house feel warmer! Of course, don't go out if it's not safe!
    I also like to cuddle with blankets.

9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

minus 17 this morning.. BURRRRRR My friend in Presque Isle said it hit minus 21 up there. No school all week. First time that happened. Not because of the snow (around 4 feet) but because of the wind chill. Too cold to let the kids outside. Wednesday they actually cancelled mail delivery!! THAT was definitely a first! Didn't want their mail delivery men and women outside in that kind of a chill factor. Too dangerous. Now Sunday we are suppose to be up in the 40s!!! I'm going to the beach for a swim!!!! If you don't like the weather in Michigan--wait a minute!!

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

It is -33 C this morning...-27 F! The buses for schools have been canceled due to the extreme cold. At least there is no wind-chill on top of that!