Slip ons or fully fitted? | Pad Patter 1.30.2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 30, 2019.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My slippers are nearly 6 years old and are the most comfortable slippers I have ever owned. I would take a photo but my big toe has poked a hole in the right one and I notice there are some food stains on them They are Ziera brand which is a New Zealand brand of shoes sold in Australia and I love the quality.
    I found this image is very similar as Ziera do not sell my one anymore:
    leopard-slippers.jpg

2. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I love the blue Dearfoam slippers that Anne has.

3. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I will need to adjust it a tiny bit after MOC ends, but that siggy isn't going away anytime soon. It shows who I am and why I am the way I am. I may need to make it my profile pic too. LOL

4. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

If it's cold enough for me to put anything on my feet, I wear socks. Usually one of my fluffy pairs from Life is Good. I call them my "airplane" socks because I originally got them for wearing on flights.

5. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

I'm not totally a slippers person because I don't like my feet slipping around inside my shoes/socks/slippers. So generally I go barefoot (like now, and it's -31 below...) and cover up with a blankie, or put on my warm boot socks from Duluth Trading.

I do have one pair of slippers that I like, but I'm always adjusting them. Mine are white, but warm and fuzzy like this.
    [​IMG]

6. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

So cute! They look warm and comfy too!

Karen likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I also want my whole foot and ankle covered... especially in the winter. I had a favorite style that was very easy to slip in and out of https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IX6HJE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 that I had always been able to get at Wal-Mart. Not anymore. I did get a pair from the link at Amazon but they no longer carry my size.

I tried some like Karen's but for me they weren't as easy to slip in and out of in the middle of the night. I also had problems because of sizing. One size was too snug, the next size up was too loose and I kept walking out of them.

So last summer I thought I would try a pair of the Danskin slip on type from Wal-Mart. So far so good and they worked fine without socks in the summer. This winter I am wearing fuzzy socks with them to keep the ankles warm.

I've tried other types and my biggest problem is always the sizing. I am in that sweet spot where one size is too tight and the next size up, I walk out of.

Karen likes this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My preference would be to be able to hover just above the floor so my feet could be barefoot but never actually touch anything. :giggle :giggle :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I always wear slipper because you never know when you will come upon a creepy crawly spider that needs taken care of.

In the winter, I wear fur-lined Crocs as my slippers. So comfy that sometimes I forget I'm wearing them and actually go out in public with them.

In the summer, I wear my Birkenstocks.

10. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I have these hearthside slippers from LL Bean... my hubby bought them for me about 8 years ago when they still had their lifetime guarantee. I was going through slippers every few months and I said to him "buy me these and you'll never have to buy me slippers again" My first pair actually did have to be returned as the rubber on the bottom broke off, and then the leather was slippery and I fell on the ice. This pair has lasted well over 6 years!

[​IMG]

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have two pair: an old pair of Ugg knock-offs that got too messy to wear outdoors, and a pair of Danskin slip-ons. I need two pair otherwise I'd always be looking for them. This way I at least know where one pair is!

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This is a new one to me! Mostly I wear crock sandals with fuzzy bed socks but if I'm being more sensible and not risking walking out of those sandals, I wear my fake Uggs from Target usually with socks too. I've stretched them out over the years to wear without the socks.

13. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I have a pair of slipper socks, so I guess you’d call me a covered foot gal, lol.

14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I actually wear both. I have the slip on's by my bed so when I have to go potty during the night, they are right there. If I am indoors and wear slippers around the house, I like my whole foot covered.

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yep this! (with fluffy socks in winter though)

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I only wear them during the winter. Our downstairs floor is tiled and my feet get cold sitting at the computer.

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Nurses wear compression socks. Even the young ones!

blueberries likes this.
  18. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I need to keep reminding myself of that :-D

bestcee likes this.
  19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

If I am sitting in my chair, then it is electric blanket on and bare feet. If I am up and moving around, I like a slipper boot (up over my ankle) with a hard sole so I can go outside in them. Mostly I go barefoot. I hate wearing socks in the house because I hate wearing dirty socks. In the summer, I am barefoot all the time.

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’m a barefoot girl.