Fast Five Weather|1.28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 28, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

1. What's your weather forecast today?
    Cold with projected 7 inches of snow.High of 34
    2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster?
    No, Am I missing out?
    3. What's your favorite weather?
    Not too hot not to cold
    4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home?
    We have this weird Brookstone weather thing that has a magnet and is on our fridge. It does a five day forcast and current temp.
    5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources?
    Don't watch local news. Use the Dark Sky App which is pretty scary accurate. It has even successfully predicted when the rain will stop within the hour.

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

That rooster is cute!

Ferdy likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh my gosh that's my favorite app. Seriously good!

carrie1977 likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

As I'm typing this, today is nearly over, so I'm going to look at the forecast for tomorrow. The high will be 42, the low 28. There's a 71% chance of light rain beginning at 3pm and a 61% chance of it turning to snow at 7pm.

2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster?
    A couple of times, my kids and I went to the Newseum in Washington, D.C. and they have news desks and cameras set up for people to play with.

Sunny and 70 degrees.

4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? No

5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? I have no idea who any local weathermen might be. I get my weather news from posts on Facebook, chatting with people, and the Dark Sky app. Dark Sky is the best of several weather apps I've tried over the years.

5. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

1. What's your weather forecast today? Currently: -1. Tomorrow and Wednesday we are expecting windchills of -50F. School has already cancelled for Tuesday and Wednesday.

2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster? Yes- at the local kids museum. It was more fun as a kid.

3. What's your favorite weather? A crisp fall day where the pretty leaves have a layer of white frost and it crunches when you walk.

4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? Our HVAC thermostat has an outside sensor.

5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? They have not been hitting the mark on snowfall recently. I prefer to use the weather.gov forecasts, and in the summer I follow Reed Timmer on fb. That guy is spot on. And you gotta love Frankie!!!

6. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

I did not DL it to my new phone... I don't even want to know what it says for -50F.

amien1 likes this.
  7. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

1. What's your weather forecast today? Today it's 0 degrees with wind chill advisory, blowing snow, travel advisories. I was out last night, and it was definitely dangerous with the blowing snow.
    2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster? Nope.
    3. What's your favorite weather? 70 degrees, fall.
    4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? Nope.
    5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? Meh, I don't even watch a weatherman. Just weather.com for me.

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Hahaha! It's the best, isn't it?! Definitely worth the laughs!

Ferdy likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. What's your weather forecast today? Hot and dry (35C 95F)
    2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster? Sadly, no
    3. What's your favorite weather? Around 25C 77F don't mind the wind and rain, hate the heat.
    4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? No.
    5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? I Google and he is pretty accurate

10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

A day late. I didn't get a chance to get back online in the afternoon yesterday. :)

1. What's your weather forecast today? From the Dark Sky app: Breezy in the afternoon and light snow (<1 in.) starting in the evening. High 11 deg, low -8 deg; current is 12 deg and feels like -1 deg.

2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster? No.

3. What's your favorite weather? Anything between about 36 degrees and 78 degrees.

4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? No. We have discussed it, but we think that we would put it on the side of the house with the afternoon/evening sun and it would be inaccurate for most of the day. Instead, we have an Ecobee thermostat, which gets the current conditions online and displays them on demand.

5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? I live in Michigan, so I don't think it's possible for meteorologists to be accurate beyond a couple of days, as well as not really having any that cover my area (they all seem to focus on the weather north of I-69, and that tends to be quite a bit more extreme than the weather in the southeast part of the state, or they cover just Detroit, which seems to be just south enough to also not be the same as our area during extreme weather conditions.) I stick with the Dark Sky app on my phone.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is really cool!

12. bestcee

Is Google a he or she? I've never pondered that until you posted. :giggle

13. bestcee

That's frustrating! We had a similar issue in Mass. They covered Boston, the Cape, and the west side of the state, but rarely near us. We ended up checking New Hampshire more often because Nashua and Salem were about 20 minutes north of us, and would be close. Not accurate, but closer.

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

1. What's your weather forecast today? 28c/82F, Fine and warm, some cloud morning and night. Currntly at 6.30am it’s 17c/62F with 93% humidity so she’s going to be another hot day thanks to the heatwave from Australia
    2. Have you ever played with the green screens and pretended to be a forecaster? Nope but I’ve watched the end of a news bulletin live when they do the weather
    3. What's your favorite weather? sunny or cloudy around 20-24c
    4. Do you have a weather station or outside thermometer at home? Nope, just what my phone says
    5. Is your weatherman accurate? Or do you prefer online sources? Online from the meteorological agency

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@bestcee
    Maybe your Google is a lady?
    I always have my maps as a woman, but we have choices so Google can be either.
    I don't have an iphone, but isn't Siri a woman, if that's the case we need to make Google a guy - to even the playing fields a bit.
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Snow and cold

giggles, no.

snow

yes

weatherman is awesome! I would say Michigan weather changes fast, alot of times it is due to the Great Lakes. So they can predict but.......

17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

ice and snow warnings
    no
    Warm and dry. We don't get dry very often.
    no, but I was the weather monitor at my primary school and measured the rainfall, temperature, air pressure and wind speed/direction every day. We had a special board I displayed the results on in the foyer.
    The UK Met office is normally fairly accurate up to 2 days - I access that online

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  18. bestcee

Oh! I hadn't thought about this.
    My google voice is a man I think.
    Alexa is a woman's voice, so I liked having google as a man. But my maps is a woman. Hmmm. So many thoughts about a non-important thing....
    :hummm:rollin

StefanieS likes this.