when you are sick?|pad patter 1.23.2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 23, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am not, but was a bit tipsy turvy last evening. My tummy was more acidy?
    but I was thinking, when or if I am I feeling ill...

I get a cup full of ice and diet sprite.

I just want to crawl in bed, no lights, nothing and sleep until I feel better.

My best friend, she always goes on the couch, so she can still hear the family. Says it makes her feel better.

What do you do?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm in the hide in bed in peace and quiet kinda Mom. :giggle When we were kids it was always 7up to settle our tummies. Now I use Sprite with my kids. And you're right... it must be COLD! Don't know why, but it helps. Hope your tummy is okay today!

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Keep going, but take everything slower than normal, and only do the physical jobs that are absolutely necessary. With the children's needs I don't get the opportunity to rest properly.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

depends how sick but it’s usually just sleeping whatever I have off. I tend to get migraines/ digestive issues (not at the same time luckily) that cause me to not feel well for 8-24 hours or so and the solution is usually just resting/sleeping, staying close to required facilities and sticking to safe for me food then I’m good again - the frustrating thing is I often can’t pinpoint what has caused the upset in the first place.

5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

It depends. Migraine is my bed. Always. If it's anything else then I can pretty much lay wherever and get rest. My kids are older so they aren't as loud as they once were.

6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I usually just push on through.

7. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I had the stomach bug before Christmas. UGH! But ginger ale and the BRAT diet got me though it. Sometimes I just want to be in bed, other times, I want to be on the couch watching tv.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I have to be REALLY sick to not leave everything status quo and plug through. I do prefer to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a little orange fur ball piled on top of me.

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I try to push through it if possible. Nausea is about the only thing that takes me down. As soon as that passes I’m up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I will lay wherever I can, bed or couch, with a pile of blankets and I need orange Gatorade.

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

012AD747-EF46-4894-8305-9EF82DC7D9D2.jpeg
    This! Vernors is a Detroit pop and what we always got when we were little and what I bought for my kids. Not sure why I need it when the stomach is upset. The ginger in Vernors is different though than any. Other Ginger ale I’ve tried. So is the carbonation. If you’ve had Vernors you know what Im talking about.
    I used to go to my bed but the house is free of distractions so now I go to the couch and watch tv.

12. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'm definitely with you on hiding in bed and sleeping it off. Super cold sprite sounds really good. For some reason, I never have the soda around, and then when I'm sick I don't want to go to the store to get it LOL. I'm so thankful my kids are older now (youngest is 11), so I can actually rest when I'm sick. I remember many times when that hasn't been possible, and that's rough! I feel for all of you moms with littles in the wintertime!

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I grew up in Michigan so For Sure!!! I don't drink soda any more, but that stuff is good.

I just curl up in my chair with a blanket. Some herbal hot tea is nice.

Sokee likes this.
  14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

What I do is everything I always do + some coughing or snottiness or sneezing. I might go to bed early and/or chug some OTC meds. Mama doesn't have the luxury of downtime whether she's healthy or whether she's sick.

15. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

When the kids were little I just did the best I could to keep on going. Spent time on the couch so I could be near them when I couldn't. But a few years ago I got really sick and I was trying to keep on going thru it. And then it dawned on me....HEY! I don't have little kids anymore!! I can GO TO BED!!!!!!! So I did! LOL And it was wonderful!! And I found out something really important...when you are sick and you go to bed and take care of YOU, you get over it a lot faster than if you just plow thru it!!

16. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

Couch, cat and the Lilypad for me, BUT only when the kids are at school, nothing gets done if I don't push through, but usually a mornings rest helps.

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is me.
    I'm trying to even remember the last time I curled up on the couch and rested because I was sick. I guess 30 years in public school gives you one heck of an immune system :giggle But now that I've said that, I'll probably end up down for the count haha.

18. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

So funny ;Maltese mothers swear by Sprite or 7up for tummy upsets,or even if you have a fever.. it works too. We are a continent apart,and drink the same stuff as our home remedy..wow

AJK likes this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Funny story about sprite. We try and keep it around. I have a wine holder thing in my kitchen (we don't drink) I keep rolling pins, and soda in there. (an occasional dinosaur from grands)...any way, I got real sick at church, my husband brought me home and left. I was in the bathroom hurling when he pulled away.
    I went to the kitchen on floor arm in wine rack thing, looking for sprite. Nothing. I cried. I just lay on the cool floor, and heard the van drive back in.
    He had gone to get me Sprite, he opened the door, I'm on the floor...I said, I'm okay. YOu are the best. We laugh now...as it looked like I passed out!

Nemla likes this.
  20. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh yeah! One thing I love about living in Michigan is the Vernors! Nothing like it for upset stomachs. When my kids were very young (my oldest is now 59) you could go to the drug store and buy a small bottle of coke syrup. It was actually in the medicine isle. Great for upset stomachs. Always made sure I had a bottle in the medicine cabinet.