Plans for 2019?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Dec 29, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did that in the year I completed PL. Funny enough, during the move I didn't fall behind. There was nothing else to do at the hotel for the night but scrap once munchkin was down, and the dog was taken care of. No laundry or other mundane stuff.

dailydwelling likes this.
  2. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

That gives me hope!!! Actually, I completed MOC 1 during a cross-country move for those exact reasons!

KellyM and bestcee like this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Thanks to todays SOSN, I have decided to use the For The Love Of 2017 kits by Allison Pennington as the base for my PL2019. They are so much fun and only $10 today. So I will use that and b/w journal cards to add to that, that I always have in my stash. I was already making a special PL folder so I'll just continue that. I like that the album will be consistent but not too much.

bestcee likes this.
  4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I want to try and keep up with my memory journal (I fell off the wagon in December) so that when I go to do my version of PL I have something to look back on. I need to take more photos. I feel like I won't fully get off the ground until I get to Florida which will be a complete fresh start for me all the way around.

I do have JJ Storyteller to use to keep things a bit uniform. I wanted to go through and organize it in my Lightroom CC, but I don't have the patience to do that right now, so I'll stick with my folder organization. I also want to look through Pinterest and perhaps do some larger blocks and add some bullet journal-esque things (like lists of movies to see and stuff like that).

It's kind of up in the air. I go with the flow.

bestcee likes this.
  5. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I really like PL, but am hoping to think of a new idea for this year. I like the weekly LOs but not sure if I'm bored with my usual look or if I just need a change???

6. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm on a CT for a designer who does monthly kits, so for the last few years, I've used those and scrapped the previous month. I'll continue to do that this year again, with 24 x 12 monthly 'recaps'. I may try something new for pages here at TLP, though!

bestcee likes this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Week one done and I have broken most of my "rules" for 2019... just goes to show you that you never really know how things will work out until you start putting things together. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I've gotten January done so far, and I like how my plans are working out. I've decided that I'll choose (or buy) a PL collection every month and make myself stick to that for at least 2 of the month's spreads. (I'd love to do it for the entire month, but for me every collection is short on cards with lots of space to write. It starts to look repetitive after 2 spreads, and often the add ons don't solve that problem.) I used MPM-Memoir for January and just bought Storyteller 2018-Feb for February. I won't know for sure until I see it, but I'm hoping to use the Feb MPM for March since that's what I'll be scrapping when it comes out. That's as far as I've got planned out right now, except that I know I'll use Storyteller 2018 for May through July since I had a 3 month subscription then.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love your idea! I found I had to buy a separate generic type card pack for writing. I also have a few grid and lined papers that I will stick in the JC slot, and add a kit element on when I have a long story to tell.

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Good idea! I've also been using solid colored papers as extra cards and doing the same as you with word art and elements. I need to look through my current PL supplies. I bet I could put together my own folder of extra writing cards to use.

bestcee likes this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My only successful PL year was 2016. I did 6x8 in the PL app (2 4x6s at a time). Now I have too many kits and I overanalyze everything. For this year, as I get back into scrapbooking, I have a non-time related art journal project in mind. I made my list of prompts already, so basically I hope to just pick a prompt and make a page.

At the start of 2017, fresh after completing my 2016 album, I knew I didn't want to do a project every year. I kinda thought every other year would be a good fit, but I didn't do it in 2018. Now that 2018 is over, I kinda think I want to go back and do 2018.

It may be less stressful to go a week or two at a time through 2018, since all the photos and videos are where they need to be. I think if I were to do that, I would pick a past year of Storyteller (I have several complete years to choose from!), and I just need to think about one single pack of templates and work on it a little bit at a time.

I feel like I just talked myself into it by typing that out. It also really just sounds like every other scrapbooking page I've ever done. :giggle

rach3975 and bestcee like this.
  12. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Couldn't agree more!

13. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I thought pre-designed pages would help me but they restricted me too much I like weekly pages more than monthly so I'm going to stick with monthly but not buy templates created for weekly pages but just make pocket templates I already own work for me Maybe I can stay on top of things I also need to make a goal of keeping things minimal and focus on photos and story

rach3975 and bestcee like this.
  14. JennFort

JennFort Well-Known Member

For the past few years I've done monthly layouts using the PL App and a little embellishing with the Over app. It has worked so well for me, but for 2019 I wanted to do something different. I kept saying "ANYTHING GOES" but nothing has gone anywhere. I need to keep doing what works for me, so I'll be doing monthly layouts again and capturing everything from the mundane to the magical. I'll throw in some more artsy style pages with the pocket pages but for the most part I just need to keep doing what works.

15. TravelScrapSleepRepeat

TravelScrapSleepRepeat Active Member

I am going to stick to my 2018 approach, which was to basically finish the first spread of each month in that month. I know it is mostly psychological, but I find it much easier to fill the gaps inbetween than to work in order through months when I am behind. I have quite a long post on my 2018 plans and am working on a 2019 post at the moment. I am all about having fun with the process!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Slowly taking the plinge here too. I started FINALLY 2019. I am sticking with 2 9x12 per week. My templates lots of white space too. I picked my fonts LOL! I am hoping to NOT over think each page so I can actually get more done. I wish there were more templates for this size. I like to mix things up!

17. tkradtke

18. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

19. tkradtke

20. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion