fave colour 2019 edition | Pad Patter 1.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 18, 2019.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

1. What's your favourite colour at the moment and how is it represented in your life? :love
    (Like do you wear it regularly or have you painted a room in your house or have a car that colour?)

PURPLE - I don't wear it a lot, but I'm usually writing with a purple pen even at work, have purple notebooks, my phone is purple (Samsung 9+) and my case is as well, I grab for purple Kleenex boxes little things like that.

2. What do you think of Living Coral?
    (Pantone says it's " An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge" :hummm)

Ehh it's pretty in scrap kits, but I wouldn't wear it or use it in my life other than that.

bellbird likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I agree with you Jenn.. :) Merlot is a great color :)

bellbird and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Of course you would call it Merlot! :wine Speaking of rich neutrals - I also love a rich Coffee brown ! :giggle

cfile likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yup me too :) Hugs :) :giggle:giggle:giggle

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Now I do love a good coffee brown or a chocolate brown. I wear brown a lot.

Yeah, if a kit has too much pink, I just move along...

6. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

Purple is my fave. I did have a purple accent wall,, but that has since been painted over. I dyed some of my hair purple once. It had a bit of a shock factor, but still professional. I will probably do it again, it blends really well with my dark brown hair. I LOVE to write with purple sharpies and purple pens. Please tell me I'm not the only one with the pen/sharpie problem. Aside from the wall, I don't decorate with purple. I also don't wear purple, except for workout gear. I did have a purple car, but that was not really by design.

I'm not a big fan of coral. I had a fun purse that color once, but it never looked good with anything! The color is pretty, but I'm not a big fan. Too orangey I think.

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I will admit to having a few purple pens around.

8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

My favorite color is Ruby Red. I like to wear red and my car is red. In fact, her name is Ruby.

I like the Pantone Coral. Actually, our family room is a lower level (between main floor and basement) and has wood paneling on the bottom of the walls and the painted upper looks very much like that color swatch. I was going for a terra cotta look but got lured away by the store's paint swatch name for that color - Panic.

bellbird likes this.
  9. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

1. I've always said my favorite color is purple, but I honestly don't have that much purple floating around my home or my wardrobe. I'm wearing a purple tee shirt right now, but hmmmm.... can't think of much besides that. I'd say the best represented color in my wardrobe is maroon followed closely by navy. Those are my favorites for clothing. My home is an apartment with plain jane cream walls, and unfortunately the decor just isn't my style, kind of drab and brown.

2. Honestly I laugh every time I think how silly it is that there is a "color of the year." Nothing wrong with it, just really funny to me. I mean, who is so darn special that they get to pick a color that is revered above all others for the year? LOL. Anyway, I do like the color. To me, it's more about the mix of colors used though, so it depends what you put the coral with...

bellbird likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well that coral seems a bit divisive like Pantone's picks every year. I'm with @michelepixels I think that description is overly dramatic & funny. I'm also with @Angie4b1g in terms of nail polishes, coral is a frequent fave (but I have a kind of bronze one on at the moment cos I got a bit tired of coral and it's a bit more neutral but the coral's one I always go back to)
    I can't see DH wanting to live with coral either and take him into consideration too @Tree City but we're talking about painting out the kind of dull purple feature wall in our bedroom finally after like 7-ish years - it's called Mysteria (it's the middle colour on the 3 colour chip card on his pillow - it looks a bit more grey on my screen but we had the sheets and i liked them and we found something pretty close taking the pillowcase to the paint dept.)
    We just ruled out a dark blue (the direction we're heading in) based on the name 'hello sailor', i just can't think that every time i walk into the bedroom, i over ruled him on 'enterprise' as well, we can live long and prosper without that colour on the wall, thanks very much- he shudders every time i pull out paint charts but i couldn't help it this time, i blame the rainbow challenge! i've wanted to go towards ocean deep blues for at least a year so he's had plenty of warning :giggle but the ruling out process continues so i'm back here playing in PS for a while.
    IMG20190120132017.jpg

Tree City likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL i know right! i have the same reaction to the Dictionary's Word of The Year usually it's bizarre and who gets to play god over all the words, y'know - same for the colour thing - i'm not really looking fowrad to seeing coral in every homewares and knick knack shop for the next year!

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

love your name for your car! And yep, 'Panic' wouldn't endear me to a living room colour either!

13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

:compcoffee

bellbird likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i love teals and turquoise too - i'd say they're my fave but apart from my first fitbit that died so doesn't really count, i have one pair of thongs/flip flops in them and that's about all, i know i posed the question originally but i dont think i answered - it really isnt represented in my life because i can't make it work with all the reds and greys in my wardrobe and there's so much wood in our house, i can't make it work with the wood tones but still love it - i think b/cos it makes me think of tropical seas!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I agree with Stefanie @Eyeore. It's orange, and I really don't like orange!

I always seem to gravitate towards jewel tones, especially purples and burgundys. They're my feel-good colors!

bellbird likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

fav color would be a toss up between purple and teal i’d say if I just looked at my clothes and accessories. To be honest though I love most of the clear jewel tones as they suit me the best.

As far as the color of the year, I like it but I don’t love it enough to go out and buy things in that color. I tend to stay away from orange/yellow/brown, anything that would be typically fall or autumn colors

bellbird likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Funny about color....I just got a pair of leggings that were advertised as hunter green which to me is the color of Hunter green boots. Not exactly according to Land's End. I really dislike the shade of these leggings but friends all said "Yes, that's hunter green." (now I see that the color is ok inside in soft lighting but in the bright winter sunlight - ugh)

I like that coral a lot and do not see it as orange or pink at all. More like a deep peach. Somehow I think I had something coral I liked in the past and most likely when we lived in Thailand because it's def a color that goes with the tropics imho. But there are a lot of kits here that do use navy blue and coral. I like that combo.

I am trying to pick a very dark blue for the bedroom to go with some tribal oriental rugs I have with dark blue, deep orange and tan. I'm thinking of Hague Blue or Hale Navy as a switch from a deep deep forest green I've had for over 20 years. The room has 4 large windows and gets the afternoon sun so it's never dark except at night.

But my favorite color? RED, true fire engine red and when I had a Porsche it was that red. (No, no tickets ever. LOL) My dining room IS painted a deep deep red - a Claret red - and I've loved it since the day we painted it - 2004 plus I wear red a lot in the winter. But it needs to be a true clear red, cause if it has too much blue I look yellow.

bellbird likes this.
  18. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

My favourite colour has always been yellow. And it still is. I’m always drawn to it so I have quite a few yellow decor item las including my night stands.

The 2019 Pantone colour is amazing. I actually want to paint my linen closet that I recently thrifted. I just need to find the time to get to it.

As you can see, I love colour. It just makes me happy.

bellbird likes this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

OK with the coral. :) Usually love bold colors- saturated ones. But this coral is "strong" enough for a hug from me. Turquoise is by far my favorite color. It's in my house and my wardrobe, and in some way nearly every piece of art I create.

Yellow is popping up in my life this year. I'm a bit mystical- I believe there is a reason I am drawn to specific colors -especially if it last for an extended time.
    I am with @BevG - not a fan of pink, and sorry, Bev, but not purple. Designers here use pink alot, but that's ok, one can always recolor, lol. I do use "power pink"- a darker shade of old school hot pink. It harmonizes well with my other faves: apple green, eggplant, and tangerine:
    palette.png
    My car is chartreuse. YUP. That's pretty much me. :agree

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    bellbird likes this.
  20. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

my color as I grow up was lilac instead of pink. I simply loved the shades of lilac, lavender, and those hues; my backpack, and school supplies were from this color. Nowadays I see that I have some clothes, scarfs on purples and soft shades and I love it!

about the Pantone's coral, I love it and I can see me using it in accessories or clothes!

bellbird likes this.