Bubble Bath | Pad Patter 1.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 6, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Evidently, according to my calendar, today is Bubble Bath Day. I probably won't be celebrating because I'm not a fan of taking a bath :giggle Every now and then I will soak in the tub, but it is very rare. I prefer a shower and laying in the tub is just not relaxing to me.

What about you? Bath or shower? Do you enjoy soaking in the tub?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am definitely a bath person and have an issue if I can't take my soak in the tub. We went on a vacation last year and every hotel we stayed in had showers only; it's funny but my vacation actually was not as relaxed since I could not have my bubble bath.

JillW and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I have not had a tub in my bathroom for 35 years! I always that I would love to sit and soak in a tub, but really, could I even get into and then back out of a tub???

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I am a bath person! I could live in water. I love soaking. When I have anxiety the first place I go to is my big garden tub.

JillW likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I’m with the shower people! I haven’t used our bath tub in over a year. Maybe 2. My kids used it when they were young but even now my 12 year old seems to have transitioned to showers.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Every once in awhile a soak in the tub is nice but I doubt I've done that 15 times in the last 15 years. I was also getting to the point that I would stub my toes getting in and out of the shower all the time. So when I did the bathroom remodel in 2017, I had a walk in shower put in where the tub used to be. That is the only bathroom in my house so I have no tub at all anymore. There have been 2 times in the last 18 months that I really wanted to soak in the tub but I got over it since it is no longer possible.

I have plans to put a bathroom in the basement sometime in the next couple of years. I have been told that there are tubs that can be put in basements these days. So I will look into that so that there is at least 1 tub in this house.

I can say that the one time I soaked in the tub quite often was when I had gallbladder pains (didn't know that's what it was at the time). Laying in the tub relaxed me and the pains went away. Once it was diagnosed and I had the surgery (in 1999), the soaking in the tub ended.

JillW and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm definitely a shower person. I have a tub in my bathroom, but the only one who ever uses it it my grandson, Asher. I'd rather take a quick shower and be done with it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm usually a shower person, but occasionally will take a bath- I'm not huge on bubbles as I have pretty sensitive skin & not a lot of soaps/etc agree with my skin. I have a nice huge bathtub- and try to find the time to take one when I need to de-stress. Like today... I was at a gym ALL DAY (7am-4pm) for my daughter's volleyball tournament! Hoping online to check in with MOC & will def be running a bath tonight!

9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I love taking bubble baths! I don't take them very much recently because the bathtub is in my son's bathroom. Needless to say it takes some of the fun and relaxation out of a bubble bath if I have to scrub and sanitize the bathtub first!!

10. snickels

snickels New Member

I love to soak in the tub with bath salts and essential oils every so often. We have a huge corner tub that came with the house. I don't think I would have picked such a big tub myself...I feel a little guilty for all the water that I use.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I enjoy a nice hot soak in the tub every so often. However after a soak in the tub I have to stand up and wash in the shower. Something about soaking in water that you just washed in grosses me out.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I don’t take bubble baths but I adore soaking in a tub!!!!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Baths for me. I hate water hitting my face. WHen we travel the hotel room must have a tub.

IntenseMagic and A-M like this.
  14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am very much a bath person. I do not look forward to the day when I am a little older and am unable to get into the bath.
    I enjoy lighting my scented soy candles and turning the lights out.
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

We only have one tub, and it's in the kids' bathroom, so....ew. :disagree

If we ever get around to remodeling that room (it's gotta be coming, that tub is also BLUE lol) I will put a jacuzzi tub in there.

We used to have a hot tub on the screened in porch that I LOVED, but it's broken. Again, on the list.

Having said all that, I only have the attention span for about 5 minutes of soaking, then I'm over it. I can sit in the hot tub for a bit longer, but not much. I'm not much of a sitter. :circles

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely NOT a bath person. It grosses me out really, so I have to clean the tub first and then take a bath, so that's too much work. And generally I can't just sit in the tub... there's always something else I'd rather do... so I take a nice hot shower and get on with life. :giggle

It actually really annoys me that a HUGE chunk of my bathroom is taken up by a jacuzzi tub that nobody uses, while I have a tiny square stand up shower that we both use every single day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I'll take an occasional bath. Especially if I have a headache and just need some time to myself.

Then I immediately rinse off in the shower. :giggle

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Shower girl here too. Very rare that I will take a hot soak in bubble bath....and now our master bath in the apartment is only standing shower anyway...so there's even slimmer chance of me taking one any time soon.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

No baths, just showers. Can't stand hot tubs either, although I (sometimes) try to be a good sport and will sit in one with the family if that's what they all want to do. I'm just not a water person. I'm okay beside it, or on top of it, but I don't want it unnecessarily touching me! LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I'm totally a bath person - every night before I go to bed I hope in a tub with essential oils and/or bath salts - I relax and unwind ... can't remember the last time I've used the shower.

IntenseMagic likes this.