New Year | Pad Patter 12.30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Dec 30, 2018.

1. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I also don't make a lot of goals, but there are (hopefully) some big changes coming for me in 2019. So goals...

1. Lose weight. For every pound I lose, $5 goes into a jar. Once I hit my goal weight, I'll have enough money to buy a cute outfit and do a Disney Fine Arts Photography photo shoot in either World Showcase or Animal Kingdom.

2. Be more present. I need to start working on limiting screen time (easier said than done as I am addicted to the internet).

3. Save money. I want to start using my travel discounts to see more of the US and eventually the world. Perhaps a trip to China or South Africa is in my future for 2020.

4. Attempt Project Life 2019. I want to take more photos. I think (hopefully) moving to Florida will really help.

5. And a fun one: Hit 150 unique Disney characters by December 2019. It's a stretch, but I'm at 126 right now.

As for NYE. I go over to my best friend's place (we've been friends for 23 years now I think). We drink and watch movies... it's "boring" but works for us.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh wow, good luck with writing your novel!! What kind of novel are you writing? That sounds awesome! You surely are heading in to 2019 with hustle!! I totally agree that your creative outlet should be fun! Enjoy your NYE and a happy new year to you, LeeAndra!

I'm wishing you all the best in the new year, Jennifer. I know the job search has been stressful for you, but I just know the right one will come along at the right time!!

Oooh great incentive for the weight loss! Sounds like you have some awesome goals! I am going to work on the saving money and taking more photos myself! I would love to at some point save enough to take my whole family to Disney. Love the fun one!! Happy New Year to you, Kim!

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I just have one major goal for 2019... get my teeth issues sorted out so I can finally eat more than 4 things!

It is a long process because of healing of tissue and bones in the mouth but I'd rather do it this way than to do the "all-in-one day" that is advertised so that it is done right. Depending on when the first step to the implants is done, it will be at least a 6 month process.

One thing I had been wanting to do in 2019 has been put back to 2020 because of the teeth for me and renovation work in her new house for my cousin. That Alaskan cruise and train trip through the Canadian Rockies will be so much nicer when all of our stress is gone (and I can eat!!!)

4. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I don't have resolutions per se but I am setting some intentions. This coming year my word is focus which I'm already seeing pop up a lot in my life so I think it's going to be a great word for 2019!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Exciting plans for NYEve? Waiting for MOC7! lol. We are leaving my parent's home tomorrow to travel back home. Stopping at an Artisan Village for several hours, Indian restaurant, and an antiquing jaunt before heading home! Yippee!
    My goals and One Word are in my sig!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I understand the teeth issues. I need to have some work done myself. DH did the "all-in-one day" thing and I'm pretty sure he wished he hadn't.
    Oooh that cruise and train trip sounds amazing! You definitely have something to look forward to in 2020!!
    Happy New Year, Rene!!

Sound like a fabulous word!! Happy New Year, Kimberly!!

haha Great plans!! Sounds like a lovely trip home as well!
    Love your siggy and those awesome goals!!
    Happy New Year, Amanda!!

MrsGaramer likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

In the meantime, you could take photos of the everyday places you go until you move? We did that before we moved. We spent two days going around and taking photos of all the normal places- grocery store, pizza place, library, dairy. Signs we saw- town, town hall. I love having those photos!