more disney questions...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AmySumrall, Feb 23, 2010.

1. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

we are taking the girls next month and I am planning out some stuff for them.

I am looking for the best character meal (breakfast or dinner) and if the bibbidy bobbidi princess boutique thing is worth the money?

And is there anything else I should book now?

TFH!

2. Dana

Dana Dana

amy - i have never been here, but i've heard that cinderella's royal table is the best place for a character meal - specifically at breakfast b/c all the princesses are there then (or something like that- ha!) ..here's a link - and i think you need to make reservations ASAP :

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/dining/cinderellas-royal-table/

not sure about bibbidy bobbidi boutique - but all my friends who have taken their daughters there have said their girls loved it ...

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

We didn't do either of the two things you've mentioned. We did 2 character meals - Chef Mickey's and Play-n-Dine @ Hollywood and Vine. Loved both. I think these things are all ridiculously over priced though. The food is not all that great in my ever so humble experience, and I could have done without both, but we did it for the kids. We saw all the characters and all the princess' plenty of times in the parks. Ok - I'll stop! So fun!!! It was so cute to see the little girls who had gotten done up at Bippity Boppity Boutique - they glowed! Have FUN!

4. eryn

eryn gross no longer

hmphjealous. constantly jealous of you all.

5. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

I think at this point we have done all the character meals and we have loved them all.
    I do agree that the breakfasts seem to go over best with everyone! Everyone is still FRESH and it doesn't seem as busy.

Are you guys doing pin trading? WE always buy our pins on ebay (make sure they are offical disney trading pins) in a HUGE lot at like 90% off what you would pay there. The great thing is it doesn't matter what you get in your lot since the whole idea is to TRADE! :)

Have fun we LOVE LOVE LOVE disney!!!

6. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I like to get an early breakfast at Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. They will let you in the park earlier than the general public if you have a reservation time before the park is open. And then you can get great photos in front of the castle with no one else in them!

We've done most of the character meals and they're all pretty similar IMO. If you're on the Dining Plan I can't recommend the Epcot World Showcase restaurants enough. We like to stay at Beach Club resort and then walk over to Epcot for dinner after our days at the parks.

I can't help you on the princess thing because I have boys. We've never done Cinderella's Round Table either, but I hear it is a must if you have girls.

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We did Cinderella's Royal Table and LOVED it. It's a must for girls, even my mom and I were like...omgosh, it's Cinderella. LOL I will admit that it's very girly. When we go to Disney, we go with my parents as well. Typically, my dad and DH sit that one out.

We also really like Chef Mickey at the Contemporary and the Epcot Princess breakfast.

8. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

ooh good stuff! Thanks ladies! I am thinking we may not do the bibbidy salon because it would end up being over 400 for both the girls. Yikes! We have al kinds of princess costumes here, we can bring some with us! LOL! I am going to try to make some reservations today!

9. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Yeah that sounds like a PLAN!!!! :)
    Have SOOOO much fun! I can't wait to see pics!

10. caridura

caridura Easily amused

We took our DD to the BBB for her 5th birthday. She LOVED it! It really is super fun for them and we had a great time watching her get made-up. We didn't do the whole costume, shoes, etc though. We did the smallest package which I think was under $75? She has a ton of princess costumes already and the ones they sell you there are the super fancy ones which are more expensive. They can always wear their own dresses and just have the makeover done.

We've done a few character meals over the years. I do agree that the food isn't always that good but we love the interaction with the characters and I'd rather do that then wait in a long line with impatient kids to see the characters at the park. The breakfasts are usually better in terms of the food. We loved Chef Mickey's! The Epcot princess lunch was great because they see so many of the princesses but the food was :disagree. If they have a breakfast option, I'd do that instead.

11. Kristin Aagard

Kristin Aagard Designer

Amy we are going to Disney Land in May! I'm so excited!!

We want to splurge on some of the fun food places too so we are taking our own souveniers along with us so that we can save a little bit on those. I have bought the a some princess tee shirts and new disney pajamas on Amazon to sneak along because I've heard that the exact same shirts cost like 3 or 4 times as much at Disneyland. I also bought disney princess dresses for them, tinkerbell for Sophie and Bell for Ashley. Only thing is, I'm so excited for them to see them, that I can hardly hold on to them for two whole months without showing them!

:) I'll have to for sure refer back to this thread before we go!

12. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

Kristin that's awesome! My Sophie is partial to tinkerbell too. That's a great idea about buying the jammies and shirts on amazon! I think I will do that! isnt your Sophie about the same age as mine? I think I remember they are close! Mine will be 3 in May...woosh!

13. Kristin Aagard

Kristin Aagard Designer

Yes! Mine will be 3 Oct 8. :) She's my girlee girl so I think she will have the most fun at the princess places. haha