Writing Utensils|Pad Patter 9.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 17, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I always manage to smear gel pens. Ugh. Any tricks for that?

I hear that a lot! I should try them!

This sounds gorgeous! Gotta pic to share?

Yes!! I had to switch to the refillable lead pencils for math last year because I hate soft tips.

Any recommendations on brand? I may need more by Christmas.

Tree City likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did you have to eat the cookies? Because that's an awesome sacrifice for your kid! :agree

Okay. So I'm totally weird. I don't like the way my handwriting looks in a medium point. :giggle

There are tons of suggestions on this post! :shopping

I had one of those. It kept bleeding. And that makes me chuck them in the trash! I love your drying comment. I'm impatient too!

We do a lot of elementary school right now. He can type, but I'd still like him to learn how to write! My brothers are horrible at it with all the computer stuff they do now at school.

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've got a shelf full of pens and pencils

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

These are ALL I write with anymore! I love how smooth they glide! And I prefer blue ink. I throw away black ink pens... too boring.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Oh, we have LOTS of pencils! I didn't mean to imply we have none. Just that we don't use them a lot so I'm still using up the ones I had since I was teaching in the 90's and I loved cute pencils.

6. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I LOVE Uni-Ball Vision Elite pens- have one in my wallet, two on my desk, one in each purse, one on my nightstand, a couple in my car. I prefer the black ink, although I will buy the "blue-black" if I can't find the black. As a leftie, I do have to be careful about smears, but I LOVE the way this pen glides across the paper- it truly is a joy to write with!
    I made a page a few years ago about my love for listmaking and the pen that I have to have.
    web-2015-04-12-uniball.jpg

7. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Pilot G-2 pens for me too! Love a pen that glides & helps make my ugly writing look better.

BevG likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes! That is THE best pencil for sketching/drawing/notes!

keepscrappin and Beckie like this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have yet to find the perfect pen for me. I do like the Pentel EnerGel pens that I have, but I got the needle tip and it's a little too fine for me. Once I use these up (or more likely, lose them), I'll try the next size up.

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Tree City and Beckie like this.
  11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh and in case it ever crosses your mind -- remember to only use a blue or black pen for your banking. I used a maroon one once and they "lost" my deposit because their scanner could not read the color. Took over a week to get my money in the account.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I've developed some tremors in my hands as I've gotten older. I'm fond of gel pens since they glide across the paper more easily and are less likely to draw attention to my shaky handwriting. I used to have great handwriting. The nuns would not be proud of what I've become, lol! They were sticklers!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I resemble this...

I've noticed that my writing has gotten "shaky" in the last couple of years. Used to have really nice writing and printing. Not anymore. Guess if I do any traditional scrapbooking, I'll type and print out any thing I want to journal!

14. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

Me too. I have something called "benign essential tremor", which has plagued me since college. there are some days my handwriting is absolutely terrible. I think that's why i love the felt tip pens best, they seem to have a bit more drag/friction across the page which keeps my fingers where they are supposed to be.

15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

It's funny that I don't write hardly anything anymore (a few checks each month). I have considered buying a journal but not sure I would enjoy my handwriting so can't decide.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

17. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I live in a perpetual search for the 'perfect' pen. At the moment, I'm loving the Pilot Frixion in fine point. I use a range of colours, with the light blue, purple and orange particular favourites at the moment.

18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have noticed that many people's handwriting get worse as they get older. My mother had gorgeous handwriting but the last couple of years before she died it started looking what I call "shaky" and she died at age 64. Dad's definitely got worse in his 70's as did his lady friend, Martha's. I can hardly read Martha's writing any more. I found a letter from her to mom (the 2 couples were friends and the 2 spouses died within 18 months of each other) and her writing was also gorgeous.

I have no issues that would cause this... just old age.

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Well, I love ball point pens, and medium. I hate fine point pens. I used to hoard pens, and all different colors. I've since gravitated to blue medium ball point. I mark them at work (I buy mine), so if you steal my pen, I will hunt you down. (insert evil laugh).

Meredith78 and mrs2a50 like this.
  20. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I use coloured pens at work - pink, purple, bright blue - is so I can trace them if they go missing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk