Phone Camera Woes :( | pad patter 9.5.2018

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I print my scrapbook pages every year.

And I print photos quite regularly...mostly because I have to print and send them to our social worker for adoption updates & I'll pick out some of my faves & print extras.

Karen likes this.
  2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at printing photos, other than a few for frames around the house. But I redeem myself by being great at printing layouts. I used to print single pages, so I could skip around in my scrapping and still get things printed. Now that I'm printing photobooks with 4 months per book, I scrap one 4-month time period at a time so I can finish and print something as soon as possible.

Not printing photos is the new norm. :( The average person doesn't understand the difference between screen resolution and printing resolution; they seem to think that photos uploaded to Facebook or emailed at low resolutions are perfectly acceptable forms of backup. I have a relative who shares memories and photos 2-3 times a week. But every stinking one is shared at 640x480 pixels because that's what her phone defaults to. She sends the emails from accounts in her young sons' names, and her memory keeping plan is that she's going to give her sons the accounts when they're 18. What 18 year old boy is going to wade through almost 3000 emails filled with low res photos?

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I print my pages.

I woke up one morning recently to really realize that with my divorce from my first husband and almost no contact with him for years, a lot of my children's family history is being lost. It also hit me that, being the only living one of my nuclear family, I am the only recorder of our oral history. So much was lost with the death of my parent at an early age. Plus I am an only child. Often when I am with one or more of my children I'll tell a story about *something* and at some point one will say...I don't remember that. Fortunately, I have a lot of photos to show them but even with a photo, one photo, I'm the only one who knows the whole story of that photo. I better be sitting at my iMac in my 90s!

That's one reason that I am less likely to make pages without a good bit of journaling.

4. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

We were sitting behind a mother and her two children at DQ a couple of years ago. She was snapping away with her phone and, by the volume of photos being taken, I thought she might be a scrapper. But when I asked her about it, she said that she has never even printed one of her photos. It almost made me cry!

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this just makes my heart wither......memories on a tiny hand held phone....

6. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I am hit and miss with printing. I like to have photos in frames around the house and I have one print of my son and nieces on the desk at work, but there are a lot of pictures I’d like to print but never get around to - including our wedding photos and DS’s newborn shoot. I’m much better at printing them for tiger people.

I try to print my scrapbooking pages but the cost can be prohibitive here.