Stupid Technology

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Sep 5, 2018.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So I used to have a screen recorder application for my PC (Windows)
    and yesterday I went to use it and it didn't work, it was cutting off the bottom of my video and so hubby told me to just uninstall and try another free one.

In the process of uninstalling, it didn't want to be removed, I had to get one of those uninstalling removers that digs into your hard drive to find out why that program won't uninstall.

Well it finally got it off my PC, but the program was "attaching" itself to other main programs I use and it ended up stripping most of my programs so that they didn't work. I had to reinstall Windows and now I'm starting over.....

THANKFULLY it didn't remove any of my files, just programs.
    STUPID TECHNOLOGY
    This is me right now
    [​IMG]

Tree City likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Whoa! I'm curious which one it was? I have one or two installed - not that I use them much, but that just makes me nervous! I'm glad your files are OK though. Yikes!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yikes! That's awful! Looking on the bright side though... sometimes a fresh install speeds things up? but still... glad you didn't lose any files!

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yikes! I'd look like that too. No, wait: I'd be more...shall I say... "vocal" about my anger. :madd hopefully you get everything sorted out, and oerhaps, like Karen said, this'll help your computer speed? Thank goodness you didn't lose files!

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh goodness.... sounds a bit odd. I wonder what other info it attached itself to or what else it was capable of doing! I'm glad you it off though!

6. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

oh ekkss!!! Glad I can use quicktime to screen record on my mac!

7. LoveItScrapIt

It was Open Broadcaster...and it had great reviews for free source.....BUT maybe no one had ever tried UNINSTALLING IT?! :badputer

8. LoveItScrapIt

My PC wasn't bogged down or giving me any problems UNTIL I tried to get that program OFF.....rofl

Thankful...so thankful for not losing files....I'd be very vocal then!

For starters, it attached to my Google Chrome, PS, NexusFont, All my Office (word, excel), Firefox, and just random things......UGH!!!!

That would be awesome.....I might have to Purchase one this time just to keep the freeware bugs away. lol

Karen and Tree City like this.