September Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER♥

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 3, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

SEptember is here, it is Monday and I know you all are determined to get fitter, more healthy and wear those pants without the waistband cutting into you!

SEt them low, set them high, just set them...and come and tell us! Having others read it, helps so much!

WE CAN DO this TOGETHER!

southernmother, MrsEm and dagi like this.
  2. dagi

dagi Aiming high

- I will continue eating healthier
    - will try to work out a bit more
    - will cut down on that wine! :giggle
    We've got this!! :fairydance

southernmother and MrsEm like this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

I go to visit my parents for a week this month. My Dad is a chef, and will put a months menu into the time I am there.
    goal is to walk or swim while there. Maybe even run (at sea level, woot)

More salads/greens.
    Less cheating.

running game to mile and half to 18 minutes
    push ups to 10
    sit ups to 3 sets of 20

laugh

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Cut out the cr*p food - not only will I feel better but my bank account will thank me
    Take my vitamins/minerals on a daily basis
    Walk twice a week outside of going out
    Be 100% honest with my health and stick to a plan

keepscrappin, BevG, dagi and 2 others like this.
  5. Karen Emily

Karen Emily Member

I am so excited to be joining this group. I need to get back to where I was before a shoulder issue. I've picked up some bad habits. Here are my goals:
    1. walk walk walk daily!!!
    2. cut out the DR pepper that I have let back in my life
    3. at home "workout" sit ups, push ups, and squats.... don't have set numbers yet. But I know I want to build up the number weekly.

6. AnneofAlamo

yes we do and I am all inspired at how excited you are
    that is such a good way to look at this. I love to save money$$$
    ooooooooooooh, we are excited to have you!! squats? eek, my legs hurt reading that!!
    I am in a competition with some gals from my church. They are all in there 20s and 30s. I am 54! lol but sit ups and push ups are part of this. ooooh the horror!!
    I did body pump years ago, squats and lunges about killed me in a good way!
    Welcome, welcome, I am here to help, encourage and push you tee hee (in fitness and in scrap) lol

7. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Hooray!!!

This month:
    1. Fifteen yoga practices. I really want to do 30 straight but I just know my stupid stupid migraines are going to interfere.
    2. Drink water.
    3. If the weather allows, go for a walk or two. Let's say, if it's under 95.
    4. GO TO THE BEACH. That's a health goal right?

Edit:
    5. Be better about recording my migraines. I recorded 8 migraine days in August but I'm missing at least 3 to perhaps 7 migraine days.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    keepscrappin, dagi and southernmother like this.
  8. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

My goals for September:

Leave my insulin pump on.

Continue forcing myself to closely watch my carbs by limiting the amount of insulin I put in my pump. I am at 125u for 3 days. One month ago I was 200u plus correcting with manual injections.

Don't step on the scale for 30 days.

Continue drinking only water (I have made the choice to drink only water, minus the coffee I drink in the morning).

Explore eating a semi-keto diet - I can not cut all carbs because I have to take insulin. Thats where my type of diabetes differs from type 2. Being type one I have to take insulin regardless. No amount of healthy eating or being skinny or losing weight will ever change this. I have to take insulin to live.

I have joined a gym and intend to exercise for a minimum 30 minutes a day, plus explore weights to help build my muscles. This is going to be hard and a very slow process because of how sick I was.

More than any of the things above though, I want to stay positive and be happy with who I am. I know the rest will come and won't happen over night. But at least I'm trying.

bestcee, keepscrappin, BevG and 2 others like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

@southernmother you have been on my heart and mind since your post last month.
    Is there a dietician you can go to that specializes in Diabetes?
    I am here supporting your goals, and wahooing at the drop in insulin. You got this, I know it. I am thinking that pump needs its own scrap page.

MrsEm and keepscrappin like this.
  10. southernmother

Thank you, Anne. That means a lot. I have seen a dietitian but she was of zero help. She spent much of our appointment making me feel bad and telling me I’m stupid for having diabulemia, which is real, the eating disorder is literally where you discontinue or greatly reduce insulin and eat to raise your glucose to lose weight. It is a mental illness just like bulemia and anorexia. Yes, she did call me stupid and yes, I reported her. It turned me off seeking professional help in any way so I’d rather keep trying to do this on my own with the support of non-judgmental women like you amazing ladies here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Sept goals:
    8 waters a day
    7+ hours of sleep a night (according to my Fitbit)
    10,000 steps a day
    no food after 8pm
    limit non-veggie/fruit carbs to 1 serving per day
    no sweets
    yoga twice a week (I already do this)

Well, Sept 1 and 2 were a bust and the scale jumped up a pound, but so far today is better. So here i go - i need another 2,600 steps so I had better get off the computer.

keepscrappin and MrsEm like this.
  12. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My goal is to eat healthier ( cut out all those sweet biscuits/cookies). So far since beginning of June I have lost 3kg ( 6.6 pounds )

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My goal this month is to get my steps in and drink my water. Also eat right and nothing after 8 PM. Still doing my core strength and weight bearing exercises. Holding my weight steady. I'm weighing myself at night and fully clothed (including shoes).

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am SO glad that you KNOW she was wrong for treating you that way and that you reported her. I'm so sad that you had that happen to you when you were reaching out for someone to help you make a healthy diet plan. Darn! I'm glad you hear that you are still choosing to make healthy choices for yourself and yay for you!

15. southernmother

Thank you! I knew she shouldn't be making me feel the way I did so I talked to my husband and we decided the best thing to do was report her because she works with so many different people and her attitude could be a matter of life and death to someone who needs help. I know I need help still, and most importantly I want to help myself and I feel like this is part of being a good mom, so I'm just struggling along trying my best. That's all I can do! I joined the gym this week and am super excited to slowly start exercising these muscles and planning healthy meals!

bestcee, Karen, MrsEm and 1 other person like this.
  16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm trying to eat better. I have been taking salads to work for lunch. I've also been taking my water bottle and trying to drink two of them while teaching. One side benefit of going back to work is that I'm not at home where all the snacks are... I'm such a junk gut. I love it all and it feels great to not have the temptations when I'm at work. I teach computers so no food in the computer lab. I only take my water bottle and drink it a lot to keep my voice going.

I'm also trying to stay positive and envision my success... something my son told me. He said if you envision failure, you'll fail because you've programmed your mind to fail. So now I'm envisioning success... no fatigue, no pain, sleeping better, slimmer/toned body and being happier in general... it's really working! Everyday when I check the scales I envision being down some and most days I'm right. Some days I gain but overall it's going down. I'm down 8 pounds in August and 2 sizes in pants.... WOOT! Who knew that telling yourself you have slimmer thighs and you look amazing and feel great would work but it does! Sure I still hurt and I'm still tired, but it's improved and going in the right direction and that's what matters.

I'm also taking my vitamins, eating better and going easier on myself. I allow myself a couple of small chocolates or caramels a day and that's enough to not feel deprived. I'm also taking time to just breathe deeply and relax. It's all helping. I still have a ways to go (maybe 10-15 pounds to be where I want to be), but I know that I can do it! I just have to envision it and make it happen.

It's so good to have all the support here. Everyone is doing amazing... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

MrsEm and BevG like this.
  17. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Today I've done 5 straight days of yoga and I feel great! I feel strong and fit. I may have more jiggle than I once had (before 4 kids) but this weirdo thing is happening as I do more and more yoga: I'm starting to like my body the way it is.

southernmother, BevG and Karen like this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

the weather got cooler (lol, in the 80s) and getting out of the pool is freezing. So back to treadmill. I ran/walked to day. Good time, not good enough, but getting back on the running/treadmill habit is gonna be a bit tougher.
    I haven't gained any, and had some cheat days. I really want to drop a few this week, before my parents fatten me up. lol

LoveItScrapIt and MrsEm like this.
  19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

One week check-in:
    8 waters a day - check!
    7+ hours of sleep a night (according to my Fitbit) - 5 out 7 - and those 2 were just 15 minutes short of 7 hours
    10,000 steps a day - this was much harder than I thought. I did make 4 days out of the 7.
    no food after 8pm - check!
    limit non-veggie/fruit carbs to 1 serving per day - 4 out of 7 days
    no sweets - everyday except for 1 cookie - check!
    yoga twice a week - check!
    And I lost 2 pounds since Sept 1.

Continuing with same goals, but I am going for 2 days at 10,000 steps, followed by 7,500, then 2 days at 10,000 etc. -- at least until my legs get used to that many steps every day.

MrsEm likes this.
  20. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Happy Monday!

1. I haven't done yoga yet today but tonight will make it 10 days in a row!
    2. I've been bbaaaad about water. I'll work on that this week. I'm chugging as I type.
    3. No walks, it's been raining nonstop all week. Bizarro weather for here.
    4. No beach for the same reason, boo.
    5. I think I've been recording my migraines? I haven't had one in a few days, SO MUCH knocking on wood.

Husband has expressed an interest in doing some yoga with me! I encouraged him to give it a try, go slow, etc but we'll see if I can actually get him on the mat.

BevG likes this.