dreaded bra shopping!!! |pad patter 08.15.2018

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You made me laugh out loud!! I can SO relate!! "stick a fork in your eye" - that's some funny stuff! I hate trying on bathing suits, too!! I found a tank-ini (sp) on clearance last summer at JCPenny's. I found one that actually fit and looked decent on me so I bought 3 of them.

2. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I loath bra shopping too! I'd been putting it off for almost a year now but finally got around to going last weekend. It totally boggles my mind that its so difficult to find something comfortable and supportive (i.e no underwire). I swear whoever designs bras must not need to wear one or they'd definitely be more comfortable! I did finally find one that seemed pretty good and bought three. Now, after wearing one for a couple of days, its cutting into me - uggh!

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

OMG that is so funny and so awful! thank goodness that's still one of my life 'not yet's. It ranks up with a lower body Spanx 'girdle' snapping/rolling up to the waist! fortunately, that one wasn't me either but put the fear of God in my about Spanx creations.

4. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I sooooo need new bras but finding one that fits has been impossible. So, I just go with the least awful choice. And, yes, they're the industrial look ones. I have never in all my years of wearing a bra been able to wear the cute little ones. I was a teenager and very skinny and the guys just popped out one day as big as can be. Now, I'm not denying that I love them but it has been a challenge in the bra-buying end of things! Nice to see that I'm not the only one that puts this little chore off far too long!

5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

You wonder if there has ever woman that just loves to Bra shop.......... Years ago I would always complain that nothing ever fit me right. Then I tried on Soma brand and they worked for me!!! (buy only when on sale! or Outlet) from there on when I need new ones I order them online!

funny story, before my Anna was married, (my kids do their own laundry) I was going to put my clothes in the dryer and was taking Anna's out. I realized, what, these are all underwear, so I shoved them back in and took them out one at a time.... OVER a Hundred were in there! Say What!!!? Oh my goodness never heard of anyone having an addiction to pretty underwear LOL

lmccandless likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I hate bra shopping. It usually takes 2 hours in a fitting session with a "trained" rep at Nordstrom to find one or two that fit me, and they're all ugly. It's horrible. I hate bra shopping with a passion!

But ... when I was in SoCal visiting my friend this past summer she told me about this place she goes for bras, that the proprietor knows her stuff. Well, she really did! Although it took about an hour, for the first time ever I had about 10 different bras to choose from - and they were all pretty! I walked out of there after dropping some big bucks, but now I have bras and such to last me quite a while. I'm quite excited. Best part is she has a file on what I tried on and what I purchased, so if I ever want anything else I can just give her a call. Yes!

7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I used to be a Macy's Certified Bra Fitter, yeah that's a thing. The trainer from Bali (bra brand) said I was the first person she ever trained that was actually wearing the right size bra. I was so proud of myself. I used to drive an hour to the closest Frederick's to get those suckers & they weren't cheap.

I remember when I lost weight. I was trying to room patients & bra kept falling off. I had my coworker drive me to the mall at lunchtime. I could finally wear those cute little bras I used to sell, but could never fit into.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Oh goodness, Anne....I do share your pain. I absolutely hate bra shopping. I also have the problem of being a hard to fit size, as in too big for my own good and needing mega support.

I'd love to share a brand that I first purchased in the spring. One of the fashion bloggers for women over 60 recommended the Tankeez from Shapeez. I can't say enough about them. I will never shop for a new brand again as long as they keep making their wonderful bras. You can check them out here:
    https://shapeez.com/

They aren't cheap, but you can start slow. I only had one for quite a while and saved it for going out of the house. I'm hoping one day I'll have enough to wear even around the house. You'd think they would be hot, but they aren't at all! Believe it or not, you almost forget you're even wearing it. Great product!!!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for posting this link! I'm definitely going to check it out!

NancyBeck likes this.
  10. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon