Last Call & No Regrets + My Designer History

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by sm_amber, Jul 25, 2018.

1. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Here we are. This is it. The big day. The last page of the final chapter.

final-retirement-last-day.jpg

Friends, I am so deeply humbled by the overwhelming support you've shown me these past 4 years at the Pad and even years prior to that for some of you.. I've been sharing some highlights on social media - including a flashback to my very first kit design- and it has been an absolute joy to reminisce with you. The friendships I've made and the lessons I've learned are irreplaceable, and when it comes down to it, that's what matters most. I am so honored to have been a small part of the digital scrapbooking community, and it will always be home to me.

Now, I ask you to oblige me one last time as I take a little walk down memory lane.. Because I'm a bit of a freak who loves charts (There's a Chart for That!) I made a timeline of my designing career thus far.. Take a peek (click to enlarge)..

designer timeline-color-01.jpg

As I look over the last ten years in this succinct format, the journey I've experienced is truly amazing. It's been such a blessing in my life as a creative, but also as a human being. The scrapbooking community is full to the brim with the most supportive, loving and inspiring people out there. It's safe to say I have been impacted by so many of you far greater than I could ever have done in return.

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for loving. And as always, happy scrapping...
    :heartlub :heartlub :heartlub
    [​IMG]

Doors close on my store at 11:59pm eastern tonight.
    No regrets. ♥

2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

That's so cool to see like this! <3

Wishing you all the best Amber!!! You'll definitely be missed as a designer here!!!!

sm_amber likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am going to miss your designs for sure, but best of luck in your future endeavors!

Also, I am such a chart person too and that timeline was really neat!

sm_amber likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Best of luck to whatever you do in the future, Amber. I love your chart, too!

sm_amber likes this.
  5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Love you lots! Thanks for a decade of beautiful designs and friendship! ❤️

sm_amber likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I saw this chart in your newsletter today and thought it was such a cool way to show your design accomplishments so far!

sm_amber likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

The visual chart is a beautiful walk down memory lane. Will miss your digi designs so much Amber - I remember when you got that first PL spot - and you've just been on fire since! Love, hugs, success and happiness to you! :beat

sm_amber likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

A chart like that is something a memory keeper would do! Awesome!

bestcee and sm_amber like this.
  9. dagi

dagi Aiming high

that is very impressive Amber! :heartlub I wish you all the luck and success in whatever you do from now on!!

sm_amber likes this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Great visual of your digital journey. Best of luck to you.

sm_amber likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Seriously impressive to see how you've grown as a designer over the years. I just know that you are going to have continued success! :bk

sm_amber likes this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Your designs will be missed, enjoy your next phase of creative ventures, whatever that may be!

sm_amber likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

The next stage is always a new challenge and you will succeed! Enjoy the ride!

sm_amber likes this.
  14. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Can you provide any details on your future endeavors?

sm_amber likes this.
  15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I have had There's A Chart for That in my wishlist forever so I had to grab it. I love your designing chart; so amazing to see all that you've done in ten years! Wishing you the very best in your future.

bestcee and sm_amber like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh Amber, I've enjoyed your FB walk down memory lane and countdown - your chart is so pretty and awesome and is a memory lane of stores that have come and gone as well, some of which i remember fondly, as has been the nature in this industry - i'm sure when you miss us and wnat to come home or visit, we'll still be here though! Good luck wherever you are headed and i hope you enjoy the adventure!

sm_amber likes this.
  17. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

It has been an honor scrapping with your beautiful designs. You will be missed. I'm so glad you have no regrets. xo

sm_amber likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I absolutely adore your chart and I am looking forward to see where the journey takes you from here! You will surely be missed!!

sm_amber likes this.
  19. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Amber seeing your timeline brings back so many memories. Best wishes for your future endeavors!

sm_amber likes this.
  20. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Thanks, everyone!! :heartlub I think it also goes to show what a special community we have here at the Pad.. I've clearly been around the block a time or two, and TLP has been the best home for me, and continues to be home to the most talented and innovative designers in the industry. :grouphug

@rdjrneace I'll still be designing, but my focus will be primarily on physical products and the broader surface pattern design industry as a whole. ;)