A very sad announcement about Dawn Inskip

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by lmccandless, Jul 5, 2018.

1. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I heard about it today, and I am still speechless, all my love to her family, she was an amazingly talented designer and woman.

2. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I can't really get my head around that she isn't here anymore. She'll be so missed. She was such a kind soul.

3. Lynncal

Lynncal Active Member

I'm so shocked and saddened by the loss of Dawn, she was one of my favorite designers, and held such talent. I'm so very sorry.

4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I’m so so shocked and sad about this news. I cannot believe it. I just can’t.

5. scraptraci

scraptraci June Cleaver

I am so sad to hear this news. Prayers for her family and all her friends

6. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

I'm still processing this news today. When I created layouts with her designs, they really stood out because her creations always gave them something unique and different. And she was always so sweet about commenting and responding. I will miss everything she did that made this place more beautiful.

KittyY likes this.
  7. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

Very saddened by this news. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

8. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I sat at the computer last night and cried real tears, as I read the words of Dawn's unexpected passing... I have followed her for at least 10 years! she is everywhere on my computer...including one of her recent pages in my go to working folder... Of all the Designers out there, she is easily in the top 5 of my purchases through the years... My heart has been heavy all day... Prayers to her family....

bestcee, LynnG, KittyY and 2 others like this.
  9. physioscrapper

physioscrapper Member

So sad... my heart is heavy with the shock of it all. My prayers and condolences are with her family, all her friends, and of course, everyone who is part of her digital scrapbook family. She will be remembered.

10. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I just found this out. I am stunned. My heart goes out to everyone who knew her - whether on a personally (Online or not), but also those who knew her through her amazing designs. I've talked to her through TLP chats or forums. This is so hard to put into words.everything seems wrong. She will be missed.

11. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Oh my! There are no words. I worked with Dawn as a site CT at NDISB and have so many of her wonderful kits. I'm devastated.

12. scrapmemories

scrapmemories Well-Known Member

reading so many pages of wonderful praise for Dawn. I hope she knew how much all of us loved her. Still so sad. I'm still crying today. As one of her CT's, I was so honored to have been added to her team 2.5 years ago. That lady was a workhorse and so organized. I will miss her very much.
    Let's use her passing as a reminder to savor every moment and leave our children with scrap pages capturing our memories

mnjenlittle, cfile and Nightshadow like this.
  13. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

This is so incredibly sad. My goodness, our little TLP community has seen some loss this summer. Praying for her family :(

14. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

My heart & prayers go out to her family, and to all of us in the scrapbooking community grieving her loss. She will be missed!

15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

After just reading this on FB, how does one find the words to express such a deep heartache. I am in shock. I feel like the wind has been knocked right out of me. I, like many others, go back at least 10 years with Dawn. I have many of her first kits and still love and use them. She found a perfect home here at TLP. The love for her just pours out with all the touching and warm comments. My deepest prayers are with her family and loved ones.

bestcee likes this.
  16. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

My thoughts and prayers have been with her family, friends and you all at The Lilypad since I heard the news on Friday... Sending you much love in these difficult moments... ♥

cfile and wombat146 like this.
  17. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

The world is darker today. When I was diagnosed with my cancer, Dawn was the first person in my online community to reach out to me. At the time I barely had enough money for food
    and was being very frugal with my expenditures at The Pad (although she could not have known that) and she gave me a gift of $25.00 worth of her incredible art. I was so deelply touched that she would do that, and I explained to her how much fun I would have being able to get the many Dawn Inskip things on my wish list and playing with them. She gave me the gift of escape from my worries and she knew that. I am sad that we have lost such a loving, generous thoughtful angel and pray that he family knows how much she is loved here at the Pad.

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

thank you for sharing that :beat

LynnG likes this.
  19. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Thank you so much for sharing Electra, it brought me to tears again.

EHStudios and LynnG like this.
  20. maryfaye

maryfaye New Member

My heart is so heavy with pain and grief tonight as I read this news about Dawn. Dawn has always been an amazing designer. She has been kind and generous to me. My husband has been very ill over the last 10 years and has almost died so many times, I cannot count. Dawn heard of my story and love for her designs and she gave me a $25 gift certificate so I could buy some of her amazing kits. She talked with me and took the time to let me know she cared. I have been crying for the last couple of days after hearing this news. Heaven just receive a very beautiful soul!! I know she will be missed. I am praying for her family in this dark time.