summer blockbusters | pad patter 6.25.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 25, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love summer movie season and can't wait for hubby to be home from traveling long enough that we can go see some of this season's best.

We loved Avengers: Infinity War and Solo. And we're hoping to see Ocean's 8, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom soon. To be honest, hubby's the only one who wants to see Jurassic World, but I'll go with him because he always buys popcorn! The girls and I might go see Ocean's 8 or Incredibles 2 without him, but we'll probably wait since he wants to see them too.

What movies are you hoping to see this summer? Enable me, please!

2. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I want to see Avengers... again :giggle (saw it opening weekend but have SINCE seen Dr. Strange and Guardians 2...feel like it filled some gaps for me).

And we just saw Incredibles 2... super cute movie.

Other than that, I'm good. Oh... DD is super excited about the new How to Train a Dragon movie, so we'll be seeing that as well ;)

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

oh I haven't seen Guardians 2 and that would help fill in some of the blanks. This last Avengers definitely did build on all the other movies. I was glad that I had seen Black Panther too. I didn't remember there was a new How to Train a Dragon movie, but we loved the first one so I'll add that to our list too. Thanks for the reminder.

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I really want to see Incredibles and the new Hotel Transylvania with the girls, I don't know if it will actually happen though! Ocean's 8 looks amazing!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

oh yeah, how did I forget about the new Hotel Transylvania. We all have been looking forward to that one.

6. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

We've seen Solo and Incredibles 2 - enjoyed both of those. We'd like to see Jurrassic World as well, trying to decide if it's appropriate for our younger girls.

I will probably try to see Ocean's 8 with some girlfriends.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yesterday the kids and DH saw The Incredibles 2. They all loved it.

We don't go to the theater very often but every film mentioned here is on my Netflix queue! :)

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I can't say as I'm really excited about any just yet lol, although I would still like to see Hereditary, but will probably wait for DVD. DS wants to see First Purge and Uncle Drew, so we may end up at one or the other. I am a terrible movie goer. I have such a hard time sitting in a seat for a couple of hours. I do much better if we can go to the drive-in!!!

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We aren't big movie goers here but we did take the kids to see Incredibles 2 while on vacation. We actually didn't really care for it. It was a bit scary for the younger kids. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have taken my youngest 3 to see it (ages 4-7). BUT that's just us.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We haven't been to the movies (my hubby and I) for years. We have Xfinity (Comcast) and they actually show some movies that are still in the theaters, or just barely out of the theaters. We don't either one like going to a crowded theater. We loved "The Darkest Hour" and actually we really liked "I, Tonya". "Phantom Thread" didn't do much for us and we quit watching "Lady Bird".

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am with Jan @IntenseMagic .. nothing is jumping out at me... when we go to the movies, we usually go to Cinema Cafe where you can get a meal and watch the movie.. we usually go and do an afternoon for a lunch and then only have a salad or lite fare for dinner... lately we haven't found anything that looks "great" that I cannot wait to see on cable.. shame for sure. I am also getting annoyed with all redo of old movies and tv shows... seems there is no great ideas looming out there lately. On the weekends lately Hubby and I have been watching a few things on On Demand... I did like the movie of Churchill "Darkest Hour" with Gary Oldman... we did not see it in the theatre but did rent from On Demand. I am looking forward to the fall when Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindewald comes out. That I will go to the Theatre to see on the big screen!

IntenseMagic and keepscrappin like this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My kids really want to see Incredibles 2 this summer. We just watched part 1 this weekend as a refresher... I always loved that movie when my kids were little.

I feel like there aren't as many good movies coming out these days and I usually just wait to see them on DVD at home... cuz I'm cheap. :giggle I'm taking notes to see what are good ones to add to my list though! :)

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

There was a second one too :-) You might want to see that before 3.... And, well, your kids might be too old, but Munchkin LOVES the Netflix series they made. It's pretty good with the story, not super cheesy.

I'm hoping to go tonight and see Avengers and Incredibles again. Yep, we enjoyed them.

Munchkin is dying to see the Jurassic World, so I told him I'll take him to that. And we are looking forward to Ant Man and the Wasp (Another Marvel Universe movie).

If Mission Impossible is with something good at the drive-in, we'll go see it there. Otherwise, I think I'll wait for it to come out.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's rare for our family to go to the movies anymore. It used to be something my hubby and I did all the time. Now, with on demand and so many services offering movies, we usually enjoy watching from the comfort of home. We do want to see Incredibles 2, but will likely wait until it's released for home viewing.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

oh yes, I'm want to see the next Fantastic Beasts movie too. I'll definitely have to watch the first one again before seeing it so I'm all up to speed. I love anything Harry Potter and this second one brings in young Dumbledore so I'm way excited for that!

cfile likes this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I agree!! I watched all the hp +fb this past weekend on hbo:)

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I've seen Solo and Jurassic World and enjoyed both. Perhaps not the greatest cinema in the world but I would put them in the same category as a "beach read" -- not too serious and a lot of fun for summer.

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Glad to hear Jurassic World was fun! I was hoping it was, since I told munchkin we'd go.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

We just saw Incredibles 2 last weekend and thanks to bonus scene points Hubby and I are going to see Solo this weekend for my birthday.

Other than that we don't get to the movies much as it's expensive and a sitter for the kids is equally expensive. I'd rather save the money for Disney World. With that said our oldest wants to see Hotel Transylvania 3 in July for her birthday.

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I cannot wait to see Two Scoops of Hot Pratt... I mean Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom. :giggle:giggle:giggle

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.