Jeans | Pad Patter 6.24

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 24, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Let's talk jeans...

First of all, do you wear jeans?
    Boot cut, straight, skinny, jegging, something else?
    Low cut, high rise, mom jeans?
    Cropped?
    Distressed?
    Favorite brand?

I'm currently shopping for a couple of pairs. I'd like to have a couple of cropped pairs, maybe white and light blue. I'm getting totally overwhelmed at all the options haha.

I typically wear a straight leg and my favorites are American Eagle. I like low cut only because I am really short waisted, so anything that comes up high is like right under my chest lol. I'm not tall, but every bit of what height I have is in my legs. I don't wear jeans that often, but I like to have them for going out on weekends and casual Fridays at work. It seems like every pair is full of holes these days. I'm not against a little distressing, but too much and it limits where I can wear them.

Tell me about your favorites...

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I love jeans and wear them often.
    Skinny? LOL, you wouldn't want to see me in skinny jeans, that's for certain. I wear either boot cut or - even better -
    with a flare leg (I don't care if it's trendy or not, but only whether I feel good in them).
    Slightly distressed is fine, but no holes and stuff, that's for the younger ones. Nothing worse than older people dressing like teenagers.
    My favourite brand is Freeman Porter - I still have about five pairs that I keep in storage for the times when I fit into them again, yeah, right!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Honestly, I think Old Navy is your best bet. They have absolutely any cut, style, waist type, etc. You have to get somebody to help you or I make my daughter go with me to help look. I have to have jeans that sit RIGHT at my waist. Not above or below. I'm very low-waisted and they're hard for me to find. They have to say "sits right at the waist". I also like flared or boot cut but sometimes boot cut are too straight for my taste. I just don't look good in skinny jeans and I wish they'd go out of style. They've been around too long. Ugh. I do have some tights that look like jeans that I wear with long tops and boots. My favorite brand for any tights is Hue and I get them on Amazon.

Back to style of jeans, I like them slightly distressed (lighter color of denim) not ever dark denim. I have to have soft jeans.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have a bit of an obsession with Old Navy Rockstar Jeggings... so incredibly comfortable. I would be embarrassed to admit how many pairs I own :whistle

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Love wearing jeans.

My favorites are Lee brand, mid-rise boot cut. I find the mid-rise sit the best at my waist. Low-rise are very uncomfortable because of how my stomach protrudes below my waist. I call it my "pooch". I'm also short so high-rise come too close to the boobs.

No holes in the jeans (those are work around the house jeans) for me but I wear any color... light blue, darker blue and black. Black are actually my favorite. On a related note, I cleaned out the section of my closet that had older jeans/pants that I have not worn for many years. I had some green ones (think between olive and sage in color) and PURPLE!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Jeans is the death of me --- I have really long legs so finding jeans that sit at my waist correctly (plus size) that is talls so they don't hit above my ankles is like impossible. Definitely no skinny jeans (see the plus size) so that makes it even tougher. I think the clothing industry thinks everybody that is plus size is short or that tall people is really thin.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love jeans!!!!!!!! I have a luscious booty so it's not always easy to find something petite that fits me. LOL!!!

Karen, jk703 and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Those are like I was describing that I wear only they're made by Hue. I love mine and have them in lots of colors, too. I even have grey ones that go with almost everything.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have the mom jeans by Gloria Vanderbilt (Amanda style) ....

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Jeans..... I have alot and American Eagle are my favorites!
    Skinny mid rise
    Jeggings
    Flare bottom mid rise
    Boot cut mid rise
    average length or long length.
    Dark for a dresser look
    Distressed!!! Love distressed!!
    Best bet is just go in and start to try them all on.

I ordered these for summer and Im in love!!
    E1E6B663-260B-4B80-A08A-15431FE94FA7.png

ashleywb and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Im a big fan of Silver jeans. I have a few skinny's (darker always looks better on larger thighs!) ;) and a few different of the suki style (mid rise, curvy hip/thigh)- they are the SOFTEST, most comfy jeans! They are spendy- so I only will get a pair on sale, but they last forever!

https://www.silverjeans.com/us/womens-jeans-style-suki?gsizelink=three

12. IntenseMagic

Yep, I am 52, I can't do the lots of distressing thing. It just makes me feel a bit silly. I have some like that and I do wear them from time to time, but never really out anywhere.

I haven't had any Old Navy jeans for years. Maybe I need to give them a go. I just wish there was a store closer to me so that I could try them on.

I was looking at those early and they look super nice. I just need to make a trip to Old Navy to try some on. Our closest store is about 30 min away.

It's been a long time since I had any Lee jeans! That's the reason I can't do high rise...it's like my boobs sit on top of the waist band :giggle Not a good look!! I really like black jeans as well and don't currently have any! I love that color green as well!!

I really think the clothing industry is totally out of touch sometimes!

Oh to have a luscious booty!! Mine is flat haha I am short, but can't wear petite clothes because my arms and legs are long.

I had a pair of GV years and years ago that I adored! I haven't tried any of those in so long!!

I love my American Eagle jeans! They are all I have purchased for years. I think they fit the best of any I've ever had! I have not tried the jeggings yet. I've done the skinny and straight. I am short but have to do average length because my legs are long and I keep a dark pair for work. I think I just need to head out to AE and try some on...the website overwhelms me haha. I absolutely love those white ones!!

13. IntenseMagic

I have never tried those, but I am going to take a peek!! I don't buy jeans very often so I like something that will last!

amien1 likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

First off, if you have one near you...go to the Buckle. If you don't have Buckle near you, then first check out their webite but if you can't, then look for Silver (mentioned by Amie), Big Star (I think carried by Nordstrom?), Lucky, Gap, or Old Navy (like Tracie mentioned). Please remember that jeans will give, so do NOT buy them loose. And the less natrual fiber (ie cotton) they have, the more out of shape they're likely to become. Buy them slightly snug, so that when they give throughout the day they won't sag enough that they fall off or otherwise look loose and disheveled--plus, who wants to keep hiking up their jeans? (I used to sell jeans as my job...so, yeah, I have done this a lot).

As for what I wear myself: I used to live in jeans, but lately I live in yoga pants. This morning I put on a pair of cute cropped wide-leg pants and my kids basically acted like I was the most fancy they'd ever seen me lol! But I do love jeans. They used to be "casual wear" but now they're "fancy enough to leave the house in" wear lol!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Love jeans.... I usually head to Gap, Old Navy, and Kohl's (Jennifer Lopez jeans there). I think I must also look into American Eagle from reading this thread. I'm also going to check out Buckle and Silver.

I usually wear dark... its a bit more slimming. I am about a 10-12 but curvy so I *have* to try them on before I buy. They need a little give, but as time goes on, they stretch, so my Jennifer Lopez ones are a 10. I also love black jeans. I don't have light light ones, but I would like a middle blue, but haven't found some yet.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Jeans are my jam...no shorts for me! Today I'm rocking my Joe's jeans with holey knees...because it's Monday LOL

I'm 5'2" and actually prefer the mid to high rise! I love darker washes or a really light wash, but will also rock a medium wash! Distressed is probably my favorite, but not always appropriate for all occasions so I do have some without holes! Gotta have at least one pair of white, jeans...but finding a good opaque pair can be a challenge. I tend to stick to full length pants, the crops never seem to hit in the right place, so I just roll mine.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

American Eagle skinny kick are my absolute fav. They look good with tennis shoes, boots, and flip flops. I just placed an order for some fat(er) jeans today because I've packed on weight. I usually don't pay more than $20 for a pair.

I had a pair from Old Navy five years ago, and the color rubbed off on my couch. I haven't bought them since.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm also an AE fan for jeans although lately, if I want something a bit dressier, I also buy at Loft. They tend to be a little more tailored to me now that I'm over 50. They have some great sales. I pretty much always wear skinny jeans since I tend toward the apple shape and curvy jeans that fit my waist look like clown pants on me in the hips.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

You guys are making me want to buy new jeans!

IntenseMagic likes this.