May 2018 Monthly Muse - WEEK #2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, May 14, 2018.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Hello again!

As we talked about in Week 1 - we are being inspired by the UNEXPECTED this month.
    You can read more about it HERE

SInce last week ended up being pretty emotional, I thought we would do something more lighthearted this week. So we are being inspired by glitter.

Now, I know people either LOVE or HATE glitter, so your immediate response to the word is a fine place to start, lol.

I was first inspired by glitter when I watched this artist work. And while my style is a bit different, you have to admit, this is pretty cool!

Glitter Painting: https://goo.gl/ddbbMK

and then this week I saw this and just had to laugh! (TALK ABOUT UNEXPECTED)

Apparently glitter is all the rage this summer! There is a new trend (that I think started last summer, but really has been around for ages) of people forgoing clothes for a slathering of glitter and jewels instead. The trend I am speaking of is Glitter Bums and Glitter Boobs, which is just what it sounds like!

Now I would never do this - because really, it looks so uncomfortable, but I can appreciate the beauty of the designs and the the lure of the sparkle.

(NOTE: Do not follow this link if you are disturbed by images of skin and bodies. I am only adding this link because SOME of these are pretty artistic and amazing. If you want to see more designs do a quick google search.)

Glitter Bums/Boobs: https://goo.gl/XLYdeu

Let the unexpected things in life inspire you!!!

Your page can be pro glitter, or con glitter, totally up to you. Or maybe you just want to throw a little glitter around, or even just the word sparkle. Maybe you want to re-create one of those festival patterns, or use some glittery elements. Whatever speaks to you. Just have some fun and let the random, unexpected things in life inspire you.

And remember, this does NOT have to be an arty page. You can use a photo if you like (but you don't have to) and add elements (or not) whatever you prefer - whatever you like - DO IT!

Here is my page - my daughter's 10th birthday a few months back (while I was super sick) was also glitter filled, so it was a perfect day to use for this theme.

[​IMG]

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to May 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines.​

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

How fun! I like glitter, just not the mess I used to make when I used it. I'm going to have to think about this one.:idea2Some of those pictures are crazy!

AJK likes this.
  3. mimisgirl

Totally with you on that one - we don't do glitter inside - but then I still have a 5 year old who is a tornado!

4. Cherylndesigns

Oh I know how little girls are with glitter. Haha Doing it outside is the answer!

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    mimisgirl likes this.
  5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC for week 2:

[​IMG]

mimisgirl and mcurtt like this.
  8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I rarely ever use glitter...this was fun. I almost went with no paper (just plain white background) cause that is how I built the page - searched for glitter and used only it (except paper). Wheee!!! Thank you for hosting this!

[​IMG]

mimisgirl and mcurtt like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hoping to go with the same art doll from Rebecca for each of the weeks this month... We'll see.

[​IMG]

mimisgirl likes this.
  11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

13. Cherylndesigns

Love, love, love all of these!

mimisgirl likes this.
  14. mimisgirl

Ohh, what a fun idea!!

mcurtt likes this.
  15. mimisgirl

OMG you guys are cracking me up with these quotes! I LOVE it! Glitter usually brings out the extremes in people, they either LOVE or HATE it, so I was curious how this would go! You guys are awesome!!!

16. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

As long as it isn't REAL glitter. I can't even imagine wearing it. That has to be pretty, gosh darn uncomfortable. LOL

mimisgirl likes this.
  17. mimisgirl

@mcurtt RIGHT!! lol, I was like - NO WAY! I don't even wear makeup anymore because it drives me nuts, but it did look pretty on them!

18. Cherylndesigns

I bummed this photograph from my granddaughter, who's an art major. This was for one of her art projects. She painted and glittered up her younger sister and brother's faces. She uses them for models for almost all of her projects. I was still puzzling over this project when I was with her this past weekend. She came to my rescue. LOL

[​IMG]

mimisgirl likes this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have my glittery page, but have to wait till SOSN to share!

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here it is:

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.