Question re Sales in the store

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Genniejoy, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me, aside from the 50% sales on Wednesdays are there any other regular sales in TLP store? I'd really like more LP kits and templates but can't afford to keep spending the money I have this year so far. (I had nothing prior to 1st Jan this year!) Thanks.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

New releases are on Fridays and always on sale the weekend of their release. I love snagging new product on sale! And don't forget about BYOC, which is released the first Friday of the month. The BYOC "buy more, save more" sale is awesome!

Recently there was a retirement sale (half off or more on retiring products) and there was a Spring Fling sale (30% off select spring-y products).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

When you do at least 6 of the Monthly Challenges, you get a 30% off coupon in the middle of the following month! That really helped me start in building a stash here. I also did a lot of the challenges from designers I used a lot too and they often have a free template or product. Then there are the Chats which give out coupons... so there are a bunch of ways to purchase on a budge but not always instantaneously!

cfile likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Best way to stay on top of the store sales is to be on the newsletter emailing. There are themed sales throughout the year. Big store wide sales happen for NSD (national scrapbooking day) early May ... and then DSD (digital scrapbooking day) in Oct. TLP's birthday is in January and there's always a sale for that. Then there are other various pop-up sales ... Designer Specials, or themed sales (ie all alphas, all templates, etc). But sign up for the newsletter so you are "in the know" ! It's at the very bottom of the Home page.

Genniejoy and cfile like this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

It also helps a lot to participate in chats, slow and speed scraps. For finishing our page (or even for attending the chat if it is not a scrap) we usually get a coupon from one of the designers (not a percentage off, but a $ value).

Genniejoy and cfile like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

cfile likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh yes, the store newsletter is great! And the Announcement Pad always has a thread with the month's Chats and Scraps calendar. It also lists the release dates for BYOC, CC, M3, and MPM. I love that visual reference!

cfile likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

And the designer's newsletters often contain freebies - some new and for a limited time - and others include a link to a whole stash of freebies. Just Jaimee has a stash on her blog. Anything designed by a TLP designer can be used for the monthly challenges, including the freebies and retired items. That is how I started building my stash.

There is also a link on the TLP store to freebies. Or you can sort the whole store by price, lowest first, and the freebies will show up first.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    cfile likes this.
  9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

The Retirement Sale (50% Off) and Spring Fling Sale (30% Off) are both running through today. :)

10. Genniejoy

Ohhhh, thanks so much girls! I didn't know half of that. I knew about the retirement and spring one, I'm fairly over all the Spring stuff though, you gals in the US really do Spring a lot, I've seen tons of Spring stuff but firstly it's Autumn here and secondly I have an all male household so Spring and flowers aren't my thing. But I did get one or two kits! It will be Spring again here...in September! :)
    As I joined in January and did the MOC then discovered the monthly challenges, I've done both Feb and March, I'm not missing out on a 30% off coupon! :D Thanks for all the other things. I didn't know what a 'chat' was or the speed scraps, I'll have to check them out. The forum is huge and I've not know what to read and check out and what not to. You could live on TLP 24/7 I think and never move from the computer! :D
    I already get the newsletter so I do watch that too. (My husband actually asked me how much I spend every month on this digital stuff! Eek! I told him I always try to get it on sale....well, I mostly do!) LOL :) :D :)

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@Genniejoy I have to tell you, if you haven't printed a book, do so. Once my husband saw the first book, he was all in for me to spend! He and my family love the books. I find them all over the house. (mostly bathroom, oh boys).
    Many of the "chats" are also technique driven, so you can learn a new way to do something, make a page and get a coupon. lol

I also have many justifications for spending. Paper scrapping is ONE use. No developing film. Memories caught. Keeps me HAPPY! bhhahwhwhah

KatrinaHunt13 and Genniejoy like this.
  12. Genniejoy

LOL I've printed books and done whole albums. They never get looked at. My husband knows how much I love to scrap as much as he loves to garden. My sons (17 and 19) tolerate it and will occasionally humour me and look at a page but they aren't interested and never really have been and I've been doing it since the eldest was born! That's why I started. I only have a handful of photos prior to his birth! My husband did ask me to do a 12x12 book for him two years ago documenting his building of the huge chicken palace in our yard for his chickens, it's huge and he did it all from recycled materials. I was out there taking photos every week for six months and I know he took it to work and showed lots of people. But it's just me and my girlfriends who look mostly. Actually, hardly anyone ever looks at them but i still enjoy doing it. My hubby does know that it keeps me happy! :D