Do designers take kit requests?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 31, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

If so, what is the best way of communicating our ideas to them?

2. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

Right here! You could also try sending a PM to a designer if you have a specific one in mind. There's no guarantee that they will be able to fulfill your request, but there's no harm in trying. ;)

3. littlekiwi

thanks @Lynne-Marie - I’ve got quite a few that I’d love so will go through them and pick a few. Honestly don’t have a particular designer in mind for any of them and I’m also happy to be linked to kits that are already in the shop

Volunteering/fundraising/community/helping out
    Neighbourhood/where I live
    Buses/trains/ferries - more around the idea of using public transport
    An office/work kit - could even include a job hunting addon
    Any kits around disabilities and long term health conditions both physical and mental health rather than the kiddy style dr and hospital kits
    Adult friendship
    Solo parenting/only child - I grew up with only knowing my mum and her side of the family and have no siblings
    Reality tv
    Health and fitness
    Music - streaming, going to concerts rather than playing an instrument
    Goal setting, resolutions, achievement etc that isn’t linked to a particular time of year

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

What a great list, Jennifer! There are quite a few on it that I would love to see too.

5. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

@littlekiwi that's a great list!!!! It's kind of funny, in traditional scrapping I am always "altering" the themes to fit with what I am scrapping, especially since I don't have kids, lots of family etc! I love that there is a little more freedom in the digital world, but these are wonderful ideas I hadn't thought of!!

6. Lynne-Marie

@littlekiwi I am making a kit on the theme of health and fitness for April BYOC! ;)

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I would love this too LM!
    treadmill, time cards, goals, scale,
    water intake check lists
    sweat
    ponytails
    You can do this word arts;
    get out of bed
    Carbs KILL
    accountability
    do it for LIFE
    no more muffin top
    hey I tied my shoes without getting out of breath!
    why is it when I lose weight, I lose it first in my fingers?

AJK and Genniejoy like this.
  8. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

These are super ideas! I'd love a grandmother kit!

londoncuppa likes this.
  9. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

KatrinaHunt13, AJK and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

11. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I LOVE these suggestions!

In addition I'd love to see kits that are different to the mainstream themes of Spring and Winter and American holidays (no offense my lovely US friends. I'm happy we have those, but some more DIFFERENT themes would be awesome as well). Things that centre around daily life, the things we take photos of as well as International things. AND kits NOT filled up with flowers! I have SO MANY FLOWERS! :D

School Sports/athletics Days
    Family games nights
    Youth Group/kids hanging out together
    Play days for children
    Book week /kids school dress up days (older kids as well as younger ones)
    Son's or daughter's first job
    School camps and excursions (field trips but with the word 'Excursion' in there as that's what others call them)
    International sports like Cricket, Netball, Field Sports like at the Olympics - Long jump, Discuss, Shot Put, etc.

The Commonwealth Games starts in Australia this Wednesday. I know the US isn't involved but there are 71 other countries that are. That's a lot of countries from around the world and I've not seen a kit on that anywhere.
    Olympic Games (not just in the year they are held!) I did see plenty of the Winter Olympic kits, but it doesn't snow here, generally speaking, just in the mountains and you have to travel for hours to get to them!

Just a random piece of knowledge, did you know that 80% of Australia's population live on the east and south east coast? LOL Just thought I'd throw that in! (Related to it doesn't snow near the beach and the large central and much of western Australia is desert so it sure doesn't snow there either!) :) I think I got off track! :) Hee hee!

I couldn't design kits or page templates, I don't know how designers do it, but I LOVE that they do! Thanks for reading all that if you did! :)

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@Genniejoy Kate Hadfield has School Sports, which I actually just used on 2 LOs. The pack has rugby and cricket; while I'm not a huge sports person, I do know those aren't "US American" faves. I used the ping pong ball as the jack and the hockey puck as a bocce ball. (I also used the pea from We Go Together Like... as a bocce ball. Talk about stretching my stash lol!) Anyway, I love the medal in this pack. It could definitely work for an Olympics page.
    [​IMG]
    Also, her doodle packs are flower free*!
    *Unless it's a flower doodle pack, lol! :)

Oh, and since this is a thread about getting your ideas for designers... every year for her design anniversary, Kate holds a Custom Doodle contest: she invites you to submit any doodle pack idea. She picks a theme from all submitted entries and creates a doodle pack for the store. And the best part: the person who submitted the idea gets the pack for free! What a cool way to get your ideas to her, and how awesome if you win!

busywoman139 and cfile like this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Me too! But hipster style, not frumpy and lumpy- although others might actually like that! My "name" the littles use is "Ama"- first 3 letters of my name and it means "she(he, you) loves" in Spanish. :) So the various "grandly" nicknames might be cool in a kit too! @Lynne-Marie , @dawninskip , @valeriapiemonte !!

Lynne-Marie likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ah @AnneofAlamo I saw that 'accountability' and read 'irritability' which is more my mode re diet and/or exercise.
    :p

15. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

LOL I second that hehe!

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Sara, LynnG, busywoman139 and 7 others like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

love the ideas presented in this thread! :beat

18. littlekiwi

@Lynne-Marie - is there any chance you could do an add on or something with the weights in the element pack with KG instead of LB? Love to use them but they are currently in the wrong units for me...not a huge deal if its not possible though

Lynne-Marie, A-M and Rikki like this.
  19. Lynne-Marie

I could do that. I just have to look up the equivalencies. ;)

A-M likes this.
  20. littlekiwi

Simple as ing the letters from lb to kg - just the letters need changing (we don’t worry about conversions)