Introducing Our Newest Family Member!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I honestly didn't know if the hole left in my heart by losing Mr Hopps would heal properly, and we still miss him like crazy... but...

This is Delilah! She is a rescue from a semi-local shelter and she is just divine! She is two years old and we are hoping that she and Marshmallow will be great friends! Slowly but surely we are introducing them and it is promising so far! Her personality is so different from Marshmallow. He is so bouncy and messy, and such a boy!! Delilah is a little lady, daintily hopping around her cage. She even makes little noises, and loves to snuggle!

[​IMG]

2. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

She is beautiful (and looks "oh so cute" and snuggly)! Love her name too. :)

Chippi likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awww she is so sweet!! And now I am singing "Hey there, Delilah" :)

jk703 likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Hippity, hop...how timely. Too sweet.

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Aw, she's adorable! Congratulations on your new furbaby!

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh so cute! I hope they get along perfectly!

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

adorable! I am not showing this to my youngest who has been asking for a bunny for about 3 years now. :giggle

jesskab likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

She's adorable and I'm singing "Hey There Delilah" too. My dd got a new doodle and her name is Delilah Doodle and they call her Lila.

jesskab likes this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Awwww....she is just precious!

10. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

nawww she is gorgeous and I can imagine how soft she must be!

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh Chippi, Delilah is adorable. I am so glad you have another bunny to keep Marshmallow company. I know they will be friends. I am so happy for you and your family!!

12. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

She is just gorgeous. And so good to adopt a rescue :-)

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

very sweet! she looks so cuddly and her name is delightful :)

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

She is so cute! I love her name too! I hope the two bunnies make great friends for each other!

15. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Haha!! Sorry ladies!! And, Me too!!! ... Though I haven't heard the song in so long I don't remember the words and I always end up singing We Are Young (by Fun), don't know how that happens. And would you believe, until this moment right now it didn't dawn on me to go and actually listen to Hey There Delilah... Duh!

And @Cherylndesigns, we haven't come up with a nickname for her yet. Nothing slips off the tongue yet, but that Lila is so cute! Marshmallow's nickname is Mush, said with an ooo sound.

Teehee, She is our Easter Bunny!

Thanks guys, she really is so beautiful, and SO soft and fluffy!! She is so funny too, come up and puts her head down right near your hand and won't move until you have given her a good head rub!

Haha!!! But I don't blame you. Now that we have our buns I wouldn't trade them for anything, but they are VERY high maintenance, which is the complete opposite of what most people think. And quite costly at the vet too. In hindsight, as first time pet owners, we would have been better off getting a puppy!! But we love our bunnies!

They are already getting along quite well, mostly, and separated, lol! It is difficult because Marshmallow is in his own space so is acting territorial (even though he is fixed), and Delilah is in a new space with new people and a new bunny. But we have them in the same big pen, separated by a fence so they can see each other and get used to it. He has nipped her a few times and they fight when they are together, but they have only known each other for a few days. Time will tell.

Yes, adopting from a shelter was really important to us this time around. And when we heard Delilah's story we were sold. We live in Tasmania, and you are allowed to have pet rabbits. Delilah's owner had to surrender her because she was moving to Queensland and it is illegal to own pet rabbits up there. So we felt like we had to give her a new family, she was different from the buns who have always been in the shelter, this darling had a family and lost it! Oh my heart.

Karen, bellbird, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

PRECIOUS!!!!! Congrats!

17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Awwww!!!! She's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!
    [​IMG]