Brody's 10th birthday & I'm so happy!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jesskab, Feb 25, 2018.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Brody is my eldest son, he's sweet, compassionate, & marches to the beat of his own drum. He has ADHD, he's weird & he likes that about himself. Other kids don't always "get" him. When he turned 6 in kindergarten, we invited the entire class to his party. A few people RSVPd, but no one showed up. We had family there, we tried to make it the best for him. He never wanted to celebrate his birthday again. He didn't even want to acknowledge he had a birthdate. I am a party person & I love celebrating birthdays so much. I respected his wishes & never forced anything. It broke my heart.

The teachers, principal, & I have worked hard to get Brody to socialize. I told him he had to have one friend. Not everyone is going to like him, but everyone needs at least one friend. He took my words to heart & befriended another little old soul. The two made up a time travel detective agency. Brody was finally able to socialize more.

Last year, he invited a friend of his to the movies for his birthday. It ended up being my two boys with two sisters going out for a movie & pizza. It was like the cutest little double date ever. Their mom & I have become friends. Anyway, this year, Brody decided he wants a Chuck E. Cheese's party for the big 10. It took some juggling, but we set a date where all the cousins & the two girl friends from school can make it. They have a cousin in Brody's grade & he'll be coming too. We're handing out a couple more invitations tomorrow, hopefully they'll be able to come. My point is, there will definitely be 3 schoolmates at his party! It will be his very first birthday party with family and classmates, that's such a big deal for him & I'm so excited!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Juliestcyr, cfile, bellbird and 12 others like this.
  2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

How wonderful, Jess! I am grinning at the thought of a time travel detective agency. :) Hope he has a fabulous time at his party!

jenn mccabe and jesskab like this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Awe he sounds like an amazing kid! My daughter turns 10 on Thursday! I can't believe it's been 10 years! Time flies! I can't wait to hear all about his party!

keepscrappin and jesskab like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ohhh that made me smile so big! I hope he has an amazing party!

jesskab likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That kindergarten story breaks my heart :( I'm so glad he has a lot of friends now. Have so much fun celebrating!

jenn mccabe and jesskab like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ah, Jess. This warms my heart! I hope he has a wonderful day, with both family and friends. These little things mean so much and I can't wait to see your pages from the day! :woohoo I can relate to parts of your story, so this is heartwarming to hear how things are turning out for him!

jesskab likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This is so sweet! I know Brody will have a wonderful birthday party!!

jesskab likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Happy birthday to Brody! Have a great time at Chuck E Cheese's!

jesskab likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Happy Birthday to Brody! It's wonderful that he's open to having a party this year. It's going to be a great time, and I can't wait to see all the pages you scrap about it!

jesskab likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Go Brody - I hope he has the best birthday ever! And a big hug to mama for being the best mama a boy could ever have. Seriosuly Jess I hope you know how awesome you are. :beat

jesskab likes this.
  11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Happy Birthday to Brody!!!! The two made up a time travel detective agency, I want to be part of this group!!! How cool are they! Have they read A Wrinkle in Time? And now there is a movie for it!!!!

You are a wonderful mother! Gently pushing him to make friends, I agree you need at least one friend.

jesskab likes this.
  12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

The kindergarten story really broke my heart. Poor little guy. I'm so glad that his 10th birthday is going to be so much better! :)

jesskab likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Aw Jess, that is just what I wanted to read today!Happy Birthday Brody!!! :love You are the best Mom Brody could have.:happyhug

jesskab likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My daughter turns 12 on Thursday too! Small world - tell her happy birthday for me!

amien1 and jesskab like this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

awe... Jess, my heart just aches for both you and Brody! I'm so glad that he found a friend and that he's open to having a party. The time travel detectives agency is so cool. I would have loved to play that when I was a kid! Heck, who am I kiddin, I'd love to play it now! Tell Brody happy birthday from me. You're the best mom ever! I can't wait to hear all about his party.

jesskab likes this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

March babies are the best babies! :cheer

keepscrappin and jesskab like this.
  17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Brody was born 1 hour before St. Patrick's Day. The doctor asked me "Are you sure you don't want to wait another hour and have him on St. Patrick's Day?" I said "No thank you, we're not Irish." We joke about that a lot in our family.

cfile, bellbird, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This makes me so happy! I can't wait to see all the fabulous photos you're going to scrap from this party!

jesskab likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so happy that he's open to having a birthday party again and that he'll have some classmates there! I hope it's the best party ever and that he has a blast!

jesskab likes this.
  20. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

How wonderful!! What a great "bounce back!"

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

jesskab likes this.