A Confession....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 6, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Um, my house is clean. I obviously have not been spending enough time scrapping in February if my house is clean! I also got my taxes done. Sigh. My house was borderline burglar proof - as in the burglar would trip over a toy before making it too far into the house. Now? It's ready for guests. And I'm halfway done my school for the week. :cornfused I obviously need to scrap more tomorrow!

How about you? Any confessions? Anything you've gotten done since MOC is over? Or just in general?

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm still in catch up mode. But there have been medical appointments and stuff. I got very behind on the house when the family was ill.

bestcee likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m in catch up mode to be honest - doesn’t help there’s been a public holiday smack in the middle of this week

bestcee likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

nothing to confess lol. i finally washed the sheets and towels & cleaned the spare room and bathroom from my brothers visit a week ago... it was only an overnight, so i just waited a week to get things back together. Been dealing with stitch removal and arm pain from it so taking it slow and steady. I have a "Frankenstein" 1 inch scare healing on my arm that had a chunk taken out ... stitch removal was on Friday the 2nd so taking it easy as possible.

bestcee likes this.
  5. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

My son is home ill with Bronchitis the poor thing and I have been caring for him and not doing much else, so no my house is not clean, and I don't think it will get that way anytime soon, as I can feel my lungs tightening...ooops!

bestcee likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ugh...Thursday I had Chance at the dr. with an ear infection and I've been sick since Friday or Saturday, so I haven't accomplished much at all since MOC was over except just keeping up with dishes and things. I did get the bills paid, my taxes done, and went to the grocery store. I confess to spending lots of time on the couch!

cfile likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Feel better!

bestcee likes this.
  8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Um... I actually did work yesterday. During work hours. (I've been avoiding that for quite a while to focus on MOC)
    Good thing, too, because I got drafted into the on call weekend work and I would have been clueless. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  9. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

I've been slacking on the house work big time. It took me 3 days to fold the girls' laundry. It isn't put away yet....

bestcee likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I can't seem to get myself back into my patterns. I miss the challenge of the MOC - and getting a layout done each day. Having an outside source and the comraderie of other peope doing it with me was so fun and motivating. I have to find that again. I am looking forward to the Scaredy Cat classes!

bestcee likes this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I cleared out the last of the holiday stuff that had been waiting for the roofers to come, start and finish. That was a morning from hell with the noise and things falling off our walls but it's done and I actually got some Valentine's things out yesterday. God willing, the last of the leaves has been swept up from the street from a Pin Oak that is VERY slow in shedding.

Now I continue to tackle stuff for charity shops and some for my daughter and some for other places. I did get about a month's newspapers picked up by the EMT woman who has hamsters. Oh ...I've cooked again! Meatloaf and chile for Dick and the basis of a curried chicken soup for me.

Still, I do tend to wake up and want to run and turn the computer on to see what the Daily Challenge is. But at least I know what other challenge or PL page I have in mind. MOC really got me into the habit of mentally planning a page early in the a.m. so I have some clues by the time I open PSE. And yesterday, I got two months of supplies 'put away' in Lightroom and Tagged! Yay!

bestcee likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I stayed up way, way, way too late this weekend and am paying for it dearly this week. I just started my workweek and I could fall asleep any second if I stopped moving long enough.

bestcee likes this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I confess that I'm still behind, on the MOC challenges that I'm determined to finish AND behind in my housework. Laundry is caught up, but I really need to dust and most of my decorations are just placed here and there with no rhyme or reason after I took the Christmas decorations down at the beginning of January. So I really need to sort that out. I also need to work on organizing medical bills to get those filed away.

bestcee likes this.
  14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I really need to get caught up on the floors! They're driving me bonkers!

bestcee likes this.
  15. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I feel like I am still in survival mode. I am actually having a mental health day... when I woke up this morning, my husband told me that I really needed to take one and I cannot argue.

A few days ago, our heat went out and we finally were able to get someone out to look at it today. Thankfully, it appears to have been a VERY easy fix, so I am grateful. The house is relatively clean because my amazing husband got up really early and cleaned it so the heating guys that came wouldn't trip over something trying to fix our heat.

Yesterday, my husband's brother announced that they were moving the location of their wedding that happens in 3.5 months. It was supposed to be near us in Georgia, but it's now in Boulder, Colorado. His brother and his fiance moved to Boulder last year and I always wondered why they were still having the wedding here. But they made plans, sent out save the dates, and we all planned accordingly. Now, we're figuring out how to fit a trip to Boulder into the mix.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but the main things... sometimes I feel like a bunch of small things can add up and feel just as big as the main things. But today I am trying to forget it all. I am scrapping for my CT teams and going to get froyo. Did you know it's national frozen yogurt day? Of course I am going to celebrate THAT!

16. bestcee

The best thing I did for my floors was buy this mop:
    [​IMG]

My son (7) loves it! Like he mops 2 to 3 times a week loves it! I just have to change out the pad, and refilll the canister about once a week. His friend (5) came over, and they had a mopping party.

17. bestcee

I totally get that! I had my own mental health day on Sunday and Monday. And most of Saturday too. It's often the little things together that are hard!
    I'm sorry they changed the wedding location! Are you going to try to road trip it? Or fly?
    [​IMG]

18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Is that the Swiffer?!!? I have one of those and finally watched a YT video how to get the lid off the bottle (channel locks) to refill on my own! I need to get more pads too. I have a Bissell steam mop that I LOVE, but the cap broke off the water canister and I need to order that part...thought I had ordered, but I forgot to actually submit "purchase" :lol

19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I confess I just served jury duty and was happy for a reason to read a book uninterrupted*. (I just sat and waited for my name to be called. It wasn't. So I got to read for like 4 hours.)

*I mean, "uninterrupted by phone, email or other electronic means, or by child or spouse." Obviously I listened very carefully to all instructions given by the court workers. :)

20. bestcee

I'm sorry so many of you are sick!
    [​IMG]
    I hope you all start to feel better!

And don't worry about it! Housework is overrated!