Polly spot.... who's wishing and hoping and dreaming?!?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 26, 2018.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Throwing my name in the ring with the others wishin' and hopin'!! I mean...why not!!?!? :) My OLW is Joy this year and TLP brings me (and so many others!!) J-O-Y!!!!

2. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

A dream ... since I am on TLP !

3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I remember when you were announced & I seriously was like "who the heck is that?" :giggle
    Flash forward & I totally get it. We've had a few talks about our boys & the husbands. You're a wonderful Polly!

bellbird, JillW, jk703 and 1 other person like this.
  4. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

This is what I said in my earlier post! I'd love to get it right out. If I guest, I'll be worrying the whole month. But man, what a gig that would be.

bellbird and cfile like this.
  5. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

I would love to be a Polly, but I´m not good enough. :huh

6. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I've Been Here For A Couple Of Years Now...I Did My First MOC5 Last Year & I Just Completed MOC6!...These
    Milestones Were A HUGE Accomplishment For Me...I Remember When I Did My First Layout Here & I Didn't
    Have Very Much Self Confidence In My Scrapping Ability & I Was Frankly Scared To Post Here...I Was Very
    Intimidated By All The Marvelous Wonders That Are In The Gallery Here...It Was Actually With A Lot Of
    Encouragement From One Designer Here At The Lilypad In Particular Who Encouraged Me To Keep Posting My Pages Eventhough My Style Is Very Different From Anyone Else's Here...And To This Day(Eventhough She May
    Not Know This-Her Past Help & Her Even Now Support-She Comes To My Gallery On A Regular Basis & Leaves So Many Kind & Encouraging Comments)...Honestly I Can't Believe It Sometimes...She Could Comment On Anybody's Layouts(And I'm Sure She Has) But She Always Seems To Find The Time To Visit My Gallery & Leave Some Love About One Or More Of My Pages...She May Not Even Know This But It Means A Lot To Me Personally When I See Her Name & A Comment She Left Me...So...It's Jenn McCabe...Thank You So Much For Your Kindness & Encouragement!!!!!!!!!...

I'm Not A Traditionalist Scrapper But Kind Of A Combo Of A Few Different Styles...I Love To Use Multiple Papers & Blend Them All Together In Different Ways In All Or Most Of My Layouts & I Love Using Multiple Photos On One Page...Sometimes The Same Photo Many Times...I Just Love The Different Perspectives...I Guess I Really Do Do My Own Thing But I Love The Lilypad So Much...It's Kind Of A Sanctuary For Me At Times...I Love Coming Here & I Love Being Here...I Love Doing The Challenges Here Every Month...I Love The Feedback & Kindness That All Of The Designers Have Shown Me Since I Have Been Here...It's A Constant Feeling Of Joy And Acceptance...I Love Designing My Own Layouts & It Is A Personal Passion For Me & I Am Always Thinking About Designing The Next Page...Being On A CT Would Be Pretty Amazing To Me But I Don't Think I Would Qualify & I Don't Think My Layouts Are Good Enough To Be Considered To Be A Polly & I Don't Really Know What The Qualifications Are But I'm Sure I Wouldn't Qualify...I Don't Even Have Photoshop!...And I Do Still Struggle With Some Of The Photoshop Type Challenges Because Of This But I Always Do Try The Challenges Anyway & Always Seem To Find A Way To Accomplish Whatever Is Asked For That Challenge...I Love The Challenge Part & Accomplishing The Task That Is Asked Of Me...I Get Great Satisfaction From Finishing Every Month...I Have A Dream Of One Of My Layouts Being Chosen As A "Froggy Favorite"!...That Would Be Amazing To Me!...But Coupled With The Fact That I Don't Have The Funds To Purchase Things On A Regular Basis & My Not Having Photoshop...I Just Think I Would Not Qualify...But It Would Be An Amazing Honor Either Way...

Thank You Everyone For Another Great MOC!...I Loved Doing All The Challenges Eventhough Some Were Very
    Challenging At Times!...RJMJ

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Don’t ever sell yourself short! I’ve seen your gallery, and I think it’s great!

8. londoncuppa

You don’t have PS? I never would have guessed. Your layouts are so creative! I think you’re an awesome scrapper!

RJMJ and jenn mccabe like this.
  9. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member

Of course I dream about it! As I think I'm not good enough (each time seeing some Pollywog team layouts, I wonder how can they be so creative and talent), dream and hope is free, so why not :D

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Thanks. I had even been around for about a year and a half (from when Amber moved here), so it's funny that I came out of nowhere. :giggle Until that point, mostly lurking. I remember trying to jump in the forums and be friendly, but it was SO intimidating. I questioned every sentence I wrote, lol!

Please don't believe you are not good enough. I doubted myself before, and it doesn't get you where you want to be. Be you, create as you like, and love your moments. It's harder to actually do in real life i know, but - Believe in yourself, you are worth it. You are creative, make gorgeous page and we are so glad you are hanging out here with us!

11. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

@jk703 you & I go way back, you are more than deserving as a Polly <3

jk703 likes this.
  12. londoncuppa

I wholeheartedly second that! I'm so glad Jenn is a Polly. I think she's fabulous!!! :heartlub

13. jk703

@jaye Thank you so much! :beat I'm so happy you are scrapping and jumping in a bit more! Yay! I was thrilled to see some of your pages during MOC!

@londoncuppa Margaret, you are beyond wonderful, and so very helpful and supportive. TLP is so lucky to have you here!

I am beyond super excited to see/meet/work with when it's announced! I love a good surprise! Good Luck, everyone! Woot Woot! :grouphug:circles

14. jk703

I totally agree! That @jenn mccabe is a pure scrapping genius - her gorgeous layouts, encouraging/fun posts and her inspirational words and comments! I secretly have a crush on her! :wub

Karen, bellbird, keepscrappin and 5 others like this.
  15. londoncuppa

Aww, shucks...thanks, Jenn! :glomp

Karen, bellbird and jk703 like this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I agree with both of you "Jenn's" :) You are both fab as are the rest of the Pollys. I remember when Anne got hers with the first MOC. I was with her then and have been hoping since then with every MOC. It is really an awesome place - the Lily Pad, with an awesome community that I am so glad to be a part of.

I love too all the friendships I have made here plus all of us sharing techniques and tips and learning new stuff together besides spreading the love with gallery comments and sprinkling with inspiration.

The pad is my Happy Place!

bellbird, jk703, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I had no idea but I'm thrilled to hear that my comments to you and your work mean so much! :beat When I first posted here I remember feeling the exact same way ... I went from feeling intimidated to ... welcomed, noticed, encouraged, & accepted. All just from a few comments on my pages. It is a great feeling and I'm SO glad as a Polly I can return that to others! You really made my day! Thank you! :heartslub

18. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

How fun would it be to be a Polly?! I am constantly amazed by the work they do. It would be fun to try and keep up with them :)

19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

What strikes me as being one of the best thing about being a Polly is being someone who brings our community here together. Answering questions, encouraging us, offering suggestions when people are stuck, just doing everything that makes this so much more than just a store and a gallery.

20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

RJMJ said:
    I Don't Even Have Photoshop!...And I Do Still Struggle With Some Of The Photoshop Type Challenges Because Of This But I Always Do Try The Challenges Anyway & Always Seem To Find A Way To Accomplish Whatever Is Asked For That Challenge

You don’t have PS? I never would have guessed. Your layouts are so creative! I think you’re an awesome scrapper!

Thank You Very Much For Saying So...This Means So Much!...:clap

bellbird likes this.