Polly spot.... who's wishing and hoping and dreaming?!?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 26, 2018.

1. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

I was fortunate enough to be a guest polly about 1.5 years ago and it was my absolute favorite time on a creative team - probably the most pages I have scrapped in a month:). I would absolutely love the opportunity to be a polly! Everyone at the Pad is so friendly and I just love all the designers!

londoncuppa and lmccandless like this.
  2. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

I had so so SO much fun during my guest month back in September 2016! I would absolutely love to be a Polly, but I look at the layouts your team produces, and then I look at my layouts, and I’m thoroughly intimidated. But man, oh man, would I LOVE to be a Polly...!

The Lilypad is responsible for getting me re-engaged with scrapbooking after a multi year run of scrap block and zero motivation. MOC 4 it was ... by the end of January, I had 20 layouts in my albums and it was the amazing community here that did it for me! All that positive, loving feedback on my layouts, and then the continued inspiration and motivation of the monthly challenges... I would love to be a part of the team, in whatever capacity, doing that for someone else - helping them to find their scrap joy once again. I wanna be like @MrsPeel and @AnneofAlamo when I grow up!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I've thought about it ever since it became a possibility!

londoncuppa, lmccandless and Karen like this.
  4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I would like to, however some of these other talented digi-scrappers have been participating with LilyPad for much longer than me, I'm a recent add joining when Tangie and Rebecca became designers for LilyPad. Since I'm now retired I have extra time and plan on trying to do all the various challenges offered. Do CTs for designers ever occur?

5. AdrienneMay

AdrienneMay CT - Paislee Press

@bestcee When and where do you make the new Polly announcement? I’m excited to see who you’ve chosen! There are so many fabulous scrappers on this site!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is so not my job! Phew! Because I don't think I could choose!
    Laura @lmccandless makes that decision, and schedules a chat to announce it all!

KatrinaHunt13 and AdrienneMay like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

CT calls for designers happen as they need people. Watch the Announcement pad as they are usually posted there! Also, if you subscribe to the TLP newsletter, it's usually announced there too! And of course in the designers own newsletter.

londoncuppa likes this.
  8. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

That would be so much fun!

lmccandless likes this.
  9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I’m wishing him a speedy recovery. I hope everything went great for him!

elseepe likes this.
  10. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Julie and I will host a live chat in our Adobe connect room once all of the finishers have been tallied. The chat will include our Polly announcement... it's a fun evening and an exciting way to conclude MOC6! We should have a save the date in the next few days so that you can mark your calendar.

londoncuppa, Karen, bestcee and 6 others like this.
  11. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

Yikes! I completely forgot about this! I'm interested, but I don't feel like I'm as good a scrapbooker as most of the ladies here. I would have anxiety big time. LOL.

londoncuppa likes this.
  12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

What a cool page, Margaret! How come I hadn't seen it? (I know the answer: because TLP is so full of awesomeness I get lost).
    I remember your polly spot: your index-card-a-day challenge was brilliant!

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Aww... thanks, Cindy. I had so much fun sponsoring that challenge. The cards everyone came up with just blew me away. It never ceases to amaze me at the level of talent in our community.

And you’re so right about the gallery moving fast right now. I’ve been trying to go through the individual challenge threads to leave my gallery love, but there are soooo many fabulous layouts. It makes my heart happy seeing them all.

I’m so glad to hear from you. I think it’s the first time we’ve been able to “chat” with the MOC craziness. :glomp

cinderella likes this.
  14. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I would love it. I used to be on a bunch of CT teams a LONG time ago and then took a break when my son had some health problems. Now, I would love to jump back into it and being a Polly would be jumping in all the way!

15. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

I'd be happy to be an oddball right along with you. :D

My goal was completing the 31 layouts and being happy with each one of them, and of course finishing up by being able to add to my stash.

16. Nightshadow

Nonsense! I've been looking at your layouts for years, your stuff is wonderful!
    You just need more confidence and a whole bunch of new photos and you'll be good to go. :agree

17. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in the ring! I have loved all of the positive support that this digital home provides :beat

18. Nightshadow

41 and 54? Babies....LOL (Don't you just hate it when people call you that, but I've earned the right.) :hammock

londoncuppa, wombat146 and bestcee like this.
  19. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I've always wanted to be a polly.

:angel

20. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Oh yes Bev!!! I am one of those 60+ that feels 30 on the inside!!! :giggle Creativity knows no age barriers @Kat , and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone!!!!! :yup:wub

BevG and londoncuppa like this.