February Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2018 Challenges' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 29, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy February, everyone!! I hope that all of you who played along with MOC had a great time and made it to the finish line! Even if you didn’t finish them all, I hope you added some new and amazing layouts to your albums…and maybe tried something new along the way!

Since we are all about “love” this month, I want you to photograph and scrap something you love. Ahhh but it can’t be that simple, can it? Hehe Specifically, I want you to think about “the little things”. We take lots of photos and scrap lots of pages of our kids, spouses, families, all those things and people we love, but sometimes it’s the little things that bring us the most joy. What I want you to do is just look around or think about your every day life, all the little things that go in to it and capture one of those things. It could be that first cup of morning coffee, a warm blanket on a cold winter day, a keepsake, any of “the little things” that you just love. It could be something sweet and sentimental or maybe something a tad quirky about you. It might be something you walk by daily, never really paying much attention to, but you just really love it. Interpret it any way you want and then scrap a page with that photograph. No catch there, just any way you want to do it.

Here's the page I created using a photo of a VW Bus that my dad gave me. It's one of the things I love most!

[​IMG]

And remember the regular monthly rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the February Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day (the 1st Friday of the month). Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Cherylndesigns, bjc, Karen and 3 others like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I like the theme of this challenge. I took a photo this morning that I might use for this challenge.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

I know exactly what to document! 'The little things' prompt made me think of something I touch everyday that I'm so glad about!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

There’s this one little thing that I can’t live with out, will be fun scrapping it!
    P.S I can't see your page @IntenseMagic, I’m getting a blue questionmark.
    Changed my mind and scrapped something that I see at least 4 or five times a day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Oops, sorry about that... should be good now :)

Justagirl likes this.
  6. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh how funny! I just did a page yesterday about something this is very dear to me. It is for a challenge at another site, BUT----I used all TLP kits!!!! (at this site you can use kits from anywhere. Its just a fun site to show off your art work.)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh this is a great one Jan! I know what I'll take a photo of!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

IntenseMagic - Question: Can it be a screenshot off my phone/ipad of the 'the little thing' that makes me happy?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

Sure!! I'm fine with that :)

tw1717 likes this.
  10. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

12. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

13. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

[​IMG]

I did a thing, Jan! :D

14. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Ohhh, what a great idea! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but my fav drink came to mind straight away and there are lots of family jokes about it and I get teased a lot and even when I order it at cafes I get looked at strangely, but truly I love it and I'd NEVER have thought to scrapbook it, so here it is! :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    bjc and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

18. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

19. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well you sort of got a "twofer". The little things of the subject -- my Irish pottery + our love from freshly ground and brewed coffee.
    [​IMG]

20. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Its the Little Things
    Feb Photography Challenge
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.