February Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2018 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hello everyone! Welcome to the February Journaling Challenge! Now, let me put your minds at ease. Unlike the Month of Challenges – you do NOT have a 150 word count for this challenge! Write as much or as little as you are inspired to write.

Something I have done a few times when creating pages is adding in lyrics from songs that speak to me. Maybe it’s the words that go with my photo perfectly – like the Barenaked Ladies "Shopping" song for a page about collecting food in a shopping cart for the homeless. Or the words perfectly express what I feel in my heart better than I can like adding “Nearer my God to Thee” to a funeral page. Or “It’s a Small World After All” to the page about that Disney ride to remember that moment more clearly. So this month, I want you to incorporate song lyrics into your page. Please use a minimum of 1 line from a song, the maximum is up to you!

Here is some inspiration. When we were planning the cruise I kept singing these lines to myself. Song: Come Sail Away - Styx

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see your take on adding song lyrics to your page! I'd love it if you share the song title in your post so I can enjoy your song too.

The Regular Monthly Challenge Rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the February Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Phew! No word count! You just made my day! :bk

3. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

Ooh, I don't know many songs... Btw, that wordcounter.net thingie is the best. So glad you guys introduced us to it in the MOC.

Nightshadow, cfile and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

I use it for school all the time!

heathert likes this.
  5. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

I’m with ya on that @cinna. This will be a good excuse to crank up teh tunes :)

So I’ve been crushing on Phillip Phillips voice lately and chose to use some lyrics form his song GONE GONE GONE.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    MrsGaramer and bestcee like this.
  6. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Omg, I could not have asked for a better journaling challenge to start off with. The only problem is going to be picking the song :-D

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

I'm glad! I had a hard time deciding too.

blueberries likes this.
  8. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE - JOURNALING

1. Use song lyrics on your page minimum 1 line from song but you can use as much as you want...

I chose the song PERFECT by Ed Sheeran (the first part of the song) to scrap a photo of my daughter that her fiance took of her shortly after they moved to Chicago in June 2017 (she's going to school to finish her degree in Photography)....I love the softness of this photo he captured during the rain...

Credits:
    Amber LaBau - Blush kit

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, bestcee, heathert and 2 others like this.
  9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I went with the Aristocats just because "We are Siamese if you please" from Lady and the Tramp seemed too obvious.

Christina W, heathert and bestcee like this.
  11. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

[​IMG]

a certain smile - johnny mathis

Aerobigirl, bestcee and flowersgal like this.
  12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Fabulous challenge...love it.

bestcee likes this.
  13. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    The song is "Sail away, sweet sister", originally by Queen, but I only know the Guns n' Roses cover.

AJK and bestcee like this.
  14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

15. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Bestcee, are we allowed to have a favourite Polly???? :D If so, you'd be mine! (Well, actually, all of you are, but....)
    I love this. I haven't shared this anywhere else but December became a crossroads for me in my working life and I have struggled since then with what this year is looking like professionally for me. There is a CD that is my 17 yr old's favourite that he asked to play in my car when we went on a long trip in December and it is now my fav and doesn't leave my car! LOL (I don't know if he's noticed or not.) One of the songs has helped me through this time. I play it over and over and hear the words in my head all the time. I don't know what photo I'll put with it but I know the words from the song to use. Thanks SO much for this challenge, I think it will bring some healing perspective for me which happens when I scrap what's going on in my world.

Interestingly, my boys won't let me take many photos of them now and they are at such different stages, so I've been thinking my scrapping will be catching up all the unscrapped pics of the previous years...but, maybe not! :) Maybe there'll be more 'me' scrapping in the days ahead! :)

redplaid3, MrsGaramer and bestcee like this.
  16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

This is a fun favourite song and was so happy to use it for this challenge!

[​IMG]

MrsGaramer likes this.
  17. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

18. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  19. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

The only thing that's in the lyrics that's not in my layout is a swan... *laugh* Thanks for a fun challenge!

[​IMG]

blueberries, bestcee and A-M like this.
  20. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I don't keep up with popular music of today but do have older songs which run in my head sometimes. I thought of this one - Puppy Love.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.