Polly spot.... who's wishing and hoping and dreaming?!?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I don't believe my scrapping is talented enough to be a Polly. I love the Pad, it really has been a super bright light in the dark and everyone here at the Pad is AMAZING, Polly's or not. I don't really think anyone would be like "Oh, no thanks." if offered the position, but I'm one of those on the edge. Like Nancy said, it's so much more than just scrapping and there's a lot we don't know about, but at the same time, who wouldn't love to be a part of something that means more than just a place to buy scrap things?

Either way, I'm very happy here. I get to be a part of this magic, I get to be a part of this site that houses wonderful, warm, kind hearted people who help each other and support each other in the best of ways.

So in that regard, haven't we ALL won?

No matter what happens at the end of MoC, I'll still be doing my thing like I always do. Passing out hugs, warm fuzzies, being a Soul Poet and spreading the word of Walter Hunt to make the Naming Fairy proud of me. :laundrynaughty

Sokee, Sara, jesskab and 11 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think all of us would say that to you :)

3. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

As a guest Polly a couple of years back I loved it. This is definitely one of the friendliest teams to be on. I am hoping for a chance to be a fully fledged Polly but I see so many amazing artists in the gallery so am equally as happy to play along in the future monthly challenges and get inspired by everyone here.

I can’t wait to see who is selected I have no doubt they will be amazing, I think it’ll be a hard one to pick this year though hehe

4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I took a break from here and focused on other things. I missed the community, challenges and cherished my guest spots. I went from having so much to do in digi land that I got burned out, kept my one designer and no she has retired. Getting back into it and I miss comrade tie of being involved in a site and being on a CT. I would love the opportunity to be a Polly, a guest Polly or even be involved behind the scenes :)

5. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Me!!! :love I love this place, all the pollys and members here inspire my creativity, I'd love to be a part of the Pad as a Polly! Either way you're stuck with me here!

keepscrappin, Karen, MrsPeel and 3 others like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think whomever is chosen will fit in perfectly! It's hard decision, but every Polly that I have known, and worked with is a great fit - supportive, creative, helpful, and friendly.

There are so many kinds of Polly's that are a part of our team and everyone that finishes MOC is a part of this site has a chance. Don't discount yourself, ever. Believe in your own talent, and others will believe it too! (This is a hard thing for me to follow myself, but I try my best!)

I won my Polly spot after MOC 4. Eeek!!! - still thinking about it brings the goose bumps and butterflies! I was beyond shocked, excited, squealing and pinching myself. Since I really didn't think I had a chance, I was really flabbergasted! I am honored to be a Polly still. In a way, because I won my spot, I think I'm always trying to be the best Polly I can be, and prove that I was a great choice! I am a perfect example that anyone can win! Don't give up!

Sokee, LynnG, jesskab and 13 others like this.
  7. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I'm going to be the oddball and say I never even considered it or thought about it these past 28-days! My eyes are focused on completing the 31-layouts, helping my best friend complete her 31-layouts with tons of encouragement and accountability as well as earning the $20 to buy a few things from my wishlist! <3

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Who's your best friend? I'll help cheer her on!

KatrinaHunt13 and MrsPeel like this.
  9. Neverland Scraps

@Aussiegirl is my IRL best friend! We've known each other since . . . .2000, maybe 2001?! I don't know so I'll say forever! I was so excited when she started asking about digital scrapbooking back in 2005. It's been great to share this hobby with my best friend! <3

LynnG, jesskab, cfile and 6 others like this.
  10. bestcee

That's so awesome!!!

Alright:

Go @Aussiegirl

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Neverland Scraps

You got this Dawn!!! A few more days and you finished!! Get better, get back online and lets cross this line together! <3

[​IMG]

KatrinaHunt13, Karen and MrsPeel like this.
  12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I am happy where I'm at :) I like to think I could handle a guest spot but after reading this thread I know I'd be one of those driving the full-timers crazy with questions haha good luck to everyone who wants it! Remember to embrace where you're at! We're all lucky to be here at the Pad.

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I won a guest spot the very first moc. It was for a month. Laura forgot to tell me i was gonna be permansnt, so for 3 months I lurked. Each morning i would see if my guest polly was gone, then one day..the guest was gone. I cried buckets...so hard my husband ran to the puter. I said heaving tears, I'm a real pollywog now. He deadpanned. So do you have to kiss a prince?
    This site is so welcoming to every new person, and the back room is just the same except we are planning things in the future while keeping the present hopping, so we can all scrap the past. So no matter what Part you play at the lily pad it is fantabulicious

LynnG, jesskab, cfile and 10 others like this.
  14. bestcee

We love it though - new friends! We don't mind helping out :grouphug

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

THIS.
    you know I love you :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

I did say to her that I knew I could speak for all the Pollys and all my scrappers friends!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I remember this being announced (you winning MOC 4) and my happiness can be maybe explained better by Sarita thinking it was me who won- I was so so very happy, having known you for years, I wasn't Polly at the time, but it felt so so right ad I was so very happy..... :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub and you are an amazing Polly....

THIS

and this too , Monica!!!!!! We are always happy to help!!!!!!

I would like to say, as I think Nancy already mentioned, is not just about being "talented" in making LOs ...
    the being Polly means a lot more, and it is a lot of work too, it is so highly rewarding....every scrap/chat that I host, or even when I can attend a chat hosted by any of us, I usually end up in tears of pure JOY, so it is more than well worth it, all the work we do.... but I think many people have no idea about how much is involved in planning every event, not just MOC (which is not only the planning but the running it!!!) even the Monthly Challenges..... the work of research and trying to find something great for, not only all of you, but all of us Pollys too, to grow in our scrapping, learn, and also have fun and become more of a family every day.
    I know I was always amazed by the amount of work, research and creativity that my Jenns (as Sarita (DD) calls them :giggle - @jk703 & @jenn mccabe - did for every challenge or blog post/ tutorial they did for Pink Reptile Designs team, when they weren't Pollys...and this continues to happen now they are.
    Every Polly that does Challenges, the Pollys who deal with Facebook or Instagram, The Blog Pollys!!!!!
    There are the Community Pollys who are always around to help and also create some amazing games or threads that we enjoy every month, and also, there are some Pollys that you may not see a lot on this side, but do an amazingly amazing work in the admin side.... the Pollys who do the signing up threads, the organizing chats and scraps..... there is a lot, and that lot most certainly doesn't happen unless you have a huge LOVE for not only scrapping with the best designers in the industry, but making this community be what it is..... and we have the best mum/boss !!!!!!!!!
    Laura is a driving force like no other store owner I have met in my 10 years of scrapping.... and don't even let me start (or we'll be here until tomorrow :giggle ) on Julie (mrs2a50) whom I am still not convinced isn't some kind of hybrid human/alien with all she does here for us!!!!
    Anyway, I'm excited and looking forward to know who will be joining us on Pollyville...but as excited to carry on having the best scrap family one can wish for, with all of you whom I know well and you know I love you so much, and the new people I am getting to know now!!!!!!
    If you are here to scrap MOC only.... I suggest you stick with us a bit to feel how mu ch it carries on, the fun, the learning and the love that this family generates.

[​IMG]

16. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

It would be absolutely amazing to be a Polly! Though I would settle for being a Guest Polly!

17. melaniedesigns

melaniedesigns CT - Krista Sahlin

being a polly would be a dream come true , so i hope i can gatch up i am still 2 pages behind :) , after a hard year with hospital visets and losing my vision in my right eye , i had to make the designing no longer be a designer and now after a few months i am slowly getting back to ct-ing . so dreaming off a spot on this fantastic team , but if not moh have brought me back my mojo and that whas the most impportend goal i had for moh

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I am one of those Nanas, Grandmas or Nannies (and I have the pants to prove it!) who would love to have a go at being a Polly! This is my 2nd year here despite when I actually joined - to buy products and it is the funnest place. People are the most helpful for all your questions including my recurrent one about not being able to use a coupon! I've learned what and how I really like to scrap here but the challenges make it all fresh and new again. Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! (please...)

londoncuppa, Karen and lmccandless like this.
  19. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

I think it would be a lot of fun! I don't know that my style is versatile enough, but you never know! I've still got a LONG way to go on finishing my MOC layouts though...so I might not even be in the running!! Lol!

20. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to post this because it seems a little rude but ... NO THANK YOU
    I cant even being to imagine how much work goes into MOC, I used to be on a traditional scrapping DT and it made me lose my love of scrapping because everything was forced, deadlines, new techniques, new designs etc. So much time and dedication and research goes into MOC and the monthly challenges and everything else that they do for us.

I cant even begin to explain how much I have loved scrapping this month and how much I have enjoyed MOC, I appreciate all the work that the Pollys put in but selfishly I have loved taking part and finding my love of scrapping again. Its also made me super excited about digi scrapping and how much I have to learn.

So yes it is an amazing opportunity for sure!!!! but no thank you, ill leave it to the Pros who are doing an amazing job and I am certain they will pick an amazing addition!

LynnG, londoncuppa, Karen and 9 others like this.