Polly spot.... who's wishing and hoping and dreaming?!?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 26, 2018.

1. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Of course!! Who wouldn't want to be a Polly!!

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Just a sweet babe! You've got lotsa years left on ya!!! I'm turning 54 this year!!! :faint2

3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Being a Polly isn't for everyone, as it is not just about making pages. It is also a commitment to being an active part of a team and about being the best ambassador that you can be for the Pad. It can also be stressful to feel obligated to create something when you just aren't feeling it. We all loose our mojo from time to time.

That being said....If you really aspire to be a Polly, never give up! I've constantly seen members evolving and becoming better and better with each passing year!

4. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I'd love the chance for a guest spot! What an amazing opportunity!

5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh to be 40 again.... Actually, not really because some of the stuff from 40 to 57 was not much fun. I hear there are a few Pollys in the 60+ group - at least on the outside. But they probably are only 30 on the inside where they create from. So you are never too old. I am only 33 on the inside.

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I would love to be any part of the Pad Team! My time being a Guest Polly was such so much fun, even if I felt like I was sneaking into my parents room when going behind the scenes. It was like being a part of a Sorority, but the good kind, like a Hallmark Movie Sorority vs a Lifetime Movie Sorority, you really do see and feel the passion everyone has for making the Pad the amazing place it is.

I'm sure I drove people batty with all of my questions (I had never ever done anything like this before) LOL! But everyone was new at one time right?

And it got me out of the house to take more photos, which is always a good thing for anyone! I do know that I need to work on getting more people and everyday shots vs landscape shots though.

8. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

The month I was a guest Polly was one of the best of my life- so I would LOVE to be a Polly for the Pad! Challenges and requirements help push me to be better, so I love the competition!

9. suetr

suetr Active Member

I think it would be so so much fun! This is my first time getting involved with the community here after shopping for several and I’m really enjoying the interactions!

10. AmandaDawnRN

AmandaDawnRN Active Member

Looks like it would be a blast! I have loved scrapping <almost> everyday this month and it has been a great start for 2018. I too miss being on a great site CT. My scrap home closed many many years ago. I have never really found a new site to fill that void. I have enjoyed TLP this month and planning to stick around and do some challenges in 2018.

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Who wouldn't want to be a Polly? I think it would be a grand thing.

Me! Me! Pick me! :byay

12. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

I have made myself stop thinking it would even be a possibility after completely the last 2 years, so while it would be awesome, I have to be happy with some new LOs and a GC :)

13. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

What Nancy said - and I think it's important to not get discouraged - ! Not everyone will have the opportunity to become a Polly at the same time ... and you may never know when "your" time will come!! :agree

14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I'm somewhat nebulous about it. Yes, there are so many things I would love about the opportunity. But I'm not very technically savvy. We are retired and travel a lot so deadlines could become an issue since I guard my "away" time and don't carry a computer. I sometimes have trouble mastering the techniques required and, at the moment, don't have plans to upgrade either my computer (Windows 7) or my software (Photoshop CS2).

On the plus side, I enjoy journaling, telling stories, challenges, watching my own scrapping style grow and expand, encouraging others and being a part of the Lilypad community. Such a great place to be (although definitely a budget buster).

Perhaps a one month stint would be the perfect amount of time to balance both the privilege and responsibility. So, I guess I'm throwing my hat into the ring with all those limitations.

Sounds like a "yes" to me.

15. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I would love it too, but I just haven't had much time to chat this month and I think that's a big part of what is being looked for. New job, bit more travelling, stuff happening at home. All spare time is on the scrapping and trying to comment in the gallery now and again too.

Being a Polly is an ongoing dream. I was lucky to be a guest one month and I loved it! I've been on other store CT's in the past too and really enjoyed the team spirit and challenge of adding to the whole fun and ethos of the store.

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That's THE dream. But sometimes dreams are meant to be just dreams.

londoncuppa and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

[​IMG]

I'm proof of that!

18. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

:bwaveI would jump at the chance for a guest spot :byay.

19. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Who wouldn't love to be a Polly!

I know the team always choose the right people. When they announce a new Polly, I usually say 'Oh! I thought so-and-so was already a Polly!' :rolleyes: :giggle

20. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I would absolutely love to be a polly! Where do I sign? lol *wishing*hoping*dreaming*