GTKY MOC6 Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 3, 2018.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Month of Challenges 6....Getting to Know You - come play along with these 6 questions!

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    2. When did you join TLP?
    3. What's your scrapbooking style?
    4. Last book you read?
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched?
    6. SIX words to describe yourself

Here's mine...
    Pretty much my whole life! I took over my baby book from my mom when I was in second grade. :giggle I think I made my first real scrapbook in the early 90's though, so 25-ish year. (eeeeep)

When the dinosaurs roamed the earth...

Paper-y eclectic (is that a thing??)

4. Last book you read?
    Just finished Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results by Stephen Guise and am finishing up The Hookup by Kristin Ashley

Cavs vs GSW Christmas Classic

blessed, sarcastic, insomniac, smart, kind & strong

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. How long have you been scrapping? Depends on how you define it. I define it as affixing mementos and items of personal interest of any type to a page, in which case my old scrapbook dates back to 1983, when I was 11.

2. When did you join TLP? I registered in January 2015, but I didn't really begin participating until the very end of that year. I wish I could see my early posts. I tried recently, but the system doesn't seem to keep all of our posts. I had 10 pages of posts in my profile, only dating back to earlier this year. Obviously, I post a lot now. :D

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Focus on the photos and journaling. Make a pleasing layout. Embellish a little.

4. Last book you read? I just finished Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? I'm currently in the second to last season of Call The Midwife, a Netflix series.

6. SIX words to describe yourself -- easygoing, friendly, cheerful, silly, sentimental, respectful

This should be used for an upcoming MOC challenge. :)

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I refuse to believe it's been almost 10 years. Where did the time go?

Hmm? I had to go look, 3 years ago!!!

Mostly traditional. With minimalist undertones. ROFL...but I love a good challenge and will try anything at least once. ;)

4. Last book you read?
    My own. Seriously, I'm a published poet and have 3 collections currently for sale, the most recent released in the fall so I read that one when I was editing.

A movie called New in Town on Amazon Prime with Renee Zellweger and Harry Conick Jr.

Lover first. Creative Superwoman. Poet Always.

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

1. How long have you been scrapping? I started physical paper scrapping back in 2008, got some albums done but mostly hoarded things LOL

2. When did you join TLP? January 9, 2017

3. What's your scrapbooking style? IDK what my style is...I think it varies page to page? Maybe hot mess LOL

4. Last book you read? Currently reading Glass Castle

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Bright on Netflix...please don't waste your time

6. SIX words to describe yourself Snarky, stubborn, passionate, honest, loyal, squirrel!

KarenB, BevG, Karen and 4 others like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

OH fun!! I love reading through these!!

1. How long have you been scrapping? I started in the summer of 2006, so going on 12 years now...all digi, never really paper scrapped. I have one old scrapbook from HS about half done.

2. When did you join TLP? I joined in Feb 2012, but lurked for a long time. I think I started getting more active around the end of 2013.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Hmmmm I'm not sure...all over the place lol

4. Last book you read? Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? I started watching a series called Dark on Netflix, but it didn't really hook me. The last movie was one called Hatred, also on Netflix.

6. SIX words to describe yourself: sarcastic, easy-going, quirky, silly, accepting, optimistic

Tangie Baxter, KarenB, Sara and 3 others like this.
  6. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Oh, fun - I'll play!

1. How long have you been scrapping? For 18 years! My little sister asked for some supplies as a Christmas gift. I hijacked them - and was hooked. Digital since around 2011.

2. When did you join TLP? In earnest, just this last spring. I lurked quite a bit before then, though. I was really excited to find an active forum - and everybody here is crazy friendly.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Way simple.

4. Last book you read? Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? The nightly news. So exciting.

6. SIX words to describe yourself. Loyal, introvert, bookworm, curious, feminist, funny.

Tangie Baxter, KarenB, Karen and 3 others like this.
  7. bbymks5

How awesome is this?!!? Now wonder you're so creative!!! Do you feel your poetry crosses into your layouts??

Sara and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

I love that we're all a little sarcastic and snarky!! ROFL

Karen, bbymks5, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

In my journaling yes. I've always had a way with words. The writer lives in me. ROFL!!
    But in other ways, not really. I do scrap my poems every so often, usually for a friend or family member that particularly likes one, I'll give it to them to frame.

bbymks5 likes this.
  10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I had a scrapbook of ephemera in elementary school (~1976), started doing scrapbooky type "magnetic" (eek!) photo albums in college (~1986), and started digital pages in 2001. :)

I like to experiment with different styles, but my core is a sort of a paperish pile-on-everything-especially-if-it's-handmade thing.

4. Last book you read?
    A total bookworm as a child, I have sadly gotten to be quite the non-reader as an adult. I recently did make a second attempt to read "Daring Greatly" but only got about halfway through before I got sick and I haven't gotten back to it yet.

I watched about a third of Baby Driver last night with DH before I got too tired and had to go to bed. :P

Conscientious, detail-oriented, introvert, indecisive, forgiving, silly

11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I love threads like these :beat

I've been a memory keeper as long as I can remember. Only it has looked different over the years. I've always been a collector of memories and artifacts be it through journals, collages, poems, photo albums, listing, or scrapbooking. I found and fell in love with digital about 10 years ago now.

Back before there were even public forums.

It's evolved. Always story centric, papery and detail oriented.

4. Last book you read?
    I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read for ME apart from Bible devotional time in an age. Last book I read therefore, was "In My Meadow", to my youngest Maren at bedtime.

DG and I just started rewatching The Office for the 768 time last night. He is watching The Hobbit right now whilst I work in my office.

Kind. Curious. Creative. Hopeful. Stubborn. Saved.

MrsPeel, Tangie Baxter, Sokee and 5 others like this.
  12. bbymks5

Love it! What a special gift for someone to receive, they will have it forever!
    I have a wrong way with words LOL!

Sara and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

ROFL. I'm sure you don't!!! lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Oh, these are so fun!!!

I guess I started digi scrapping in about 2008ish, I think. I never paper scrapped though I did put all my pictures into photo albums before that, if that counts!

I had to look for this one, but it was Dec 23, 2014...just in time for my first MOC, I guess!

Things I like, maybe? I'm never sure how to define styles...so maybe a bit traditional...lots of pictures but I like to try new things and styles, too.

4. Last book you read?
    I love to read but with 4 kids it has taken a back seat. Plus I had eye surgery about 3 weeks ago, so it's been off the radar altogether. I am in the middle of a biography on Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I read several of the Anne of Green Gables series this past summer, too.

I guess it was Fuller House whiles I was on my treadmill. I must admit, I enjoyed the Netflix Christmas chick flix, though - A Christmas Prince and A Christmas Inheritance!

Introverted, logical, stubborn, hard working, self-controlled, growing

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

1. How long have you been scrapping? Digitally since 2006. I can't remember when I didn't do some type of scrapbooking, in grade school I would put together really basic ones with glue and newspaper clippings, nothing fancy.

2. When did you join TLP? January 2015 - followed Sissy Sparrows here.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Definitely artsy

4. Last book you read? The War Bride's Scrapbook by Caroline Preston

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Kevin Probably Saves the World. Last movie - Magnificent Seven (watched with DH and my brother who was visiting over the New Year's weekend).

6. SIX words to describe yourself - Loyal, determined (aka stubborn), sensitive, intelligent, healthy, kind.

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

18 years or so
    Cinco de Mayo, 2012
    eclectic
    4. Last book you read?
    one of the Aurora Teagarden books
    Movie was Ferdinand, tv show is currently In the Heat of the Night
    short, chubby, caring, introvert, workhorse, warden oops I mean mother....

Tangie Baxter, KarenB, Sara and 4 others like this.
  17. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

I love reading everyone's responses!

Since college (1999). I started making scrapbooks for my brother to document his high school sports career. I was a paper scrapper back then and didn't keep going because I didn't like all the supplies sitting out. Once I figured out that I could scrapbook on the computer anywhere I wanted and didn't have to cart along anything but my laptop and EHD I was hooked.

2014. I was working on my son's baby book and had started weekly pocket pages when I came across the website.

Clean and simple. Usually more than one photo, a neutral background, a few elements + word art and journaling. I do primarily pocket page scrapping and have completed five years of weekly pocket page spreads.

4. Last book you read?
    The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen. I'm reading Prairie Fires about Laura Ingalls Wilder right now.

I watch reruns of Big Bang Theory every night when I go to bed, and like to watch Bull each week.

Omnivert (extroverted introvert), serious, classic, farm girl, photographer, book nerd

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Tangie Baxter, KarenB, cfile and 4 others like this.
  18. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Many Many years. I started back when Creative Memories was like a cult! Switched to digital when they went digital. Switched to Photoshop about 5 years ago.
    December 2015
    Not sure -- it changes so Eclectic I guess.
    4. Last book you read?
    Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker
    There were those Hallmark movies in December! I watched NCIS New Orleans last night.
    friendly, confidante, smart (ha), punctual, lazy (sometimes), sassy

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

1. How long have you been scrapping? It's been about 15 yrs (I started as a paper scrapper/stamper)
    2. When did you join TLP? It was the fall of 2010.
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Artsy, clustering mishmash with lots of brushwork and blending.
    4. Last book you read? Copycat
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Last night we binged a bunch of Lucifer episodes.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself. easy-going, sincere, disorganized, extrovert, empathetic, flexible

20. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Great game!

I started with digital scrapping in the early to mid 2000s. I'm not exactly sure when. The forum and store I haunted most was named something about brownies. I do still have alot of the digi files but rarely use them now as my style has changed. (note to self, go find that external drive and enjoy the brownie bites again)

I'll have to hit enter and read the date under my pic lol.

Art Journaling, err, playing, lol. I mainly play.
    I started trying to do traditional. I struggled in part because I had zero family, rarely left the house, could only take so many cute pet pictures, etc. I now realize it wasn't a fit for me but it was very fun and I learned loads.
    After taking a few years to play video games, I decided to play in graphics again. The digi scrap world had grown so much. Art Journaling was a huge thing and I had missed junk journals, smash books and so much. I've been happily playing (sometimes messily) with files, random photos from the net and from family (yes I has one now lol), colors and Photoshop.

4. Last book you read?
    Not Named Yet Innkeeper book by Illona Andrews in progress (only one chapter online so far)
    One Fell Sweep (book 3 in series above) in progress for the ?3rd time.

Top Chef current season

look under my photo to the left - I requested it from the Fairy. Stop reading after 6 words, lol.