MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

I have a question about templates and scraplifting and what does or doesn't count as product usage.

The times I use a template from a TLP designer, that's easy.

And the times I use a PSD file from a non-TLP designer, I know that counts as 15% of my product use.

But what about the times I scraplift? I've got a swipe file of layouts for inspiration, and sometimes I'll pull up a new, blank PSD and essentially recreate the layout with shapes and then start clipping product. I've also got books and binders of sketches, dating back to the days of Simple Scrapbooks, Creating Keepsakes, and Becky Higgins' Creative Companions.

If I use a sketch or someone else's layout as an inspiration for my layout design, (1) do I need to credit it; if so, (2) how do I list that credit; and (3) does it count as a % against my product usage?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If you post the gallery link in your thread, it will be the most recent photo you uploaded at that link. The link doesn't change when you reupload a photo. Like Anne said, you may see the old one because of browser cookies. You can try a different browser or device (phone, other computer) and you should see it updated. Or clear your cookies in the browser, but that can be annoying.

I can see the correct one in the threads and gallery.

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@angiekey - it's courtesy to credit the person you scraplift, if you're able, but not required. If it's someone in the TLP gallery you could link up to their layout. Since it's not an actual product, a lift would not count toward any of your product percentage

bellbird, bestcee and angiekey like this.
  4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Julie, I accidentally have two threads in the MOC layout forum. One does my MOC challenge 1 page posted in it, the other empty. I couldn't see where I was able to delete the one not needed.
    Thank you and I am so happy to be participating again :)

bestcee likes this.
  5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Taken care of! Glad you're enjoying MOC!!

bellbird likes this.
  6. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

First time MOCer here...I posted my layout a couple of hours ago and when I went back to look at it, there was a message about it being moderated listed at the top of it. Does that mean I've done something incorrectly?

And, I have a subscription to Storyteller...if the products for my layout were from that kit, does that qualify for the required 75% inclusion?

thanks,

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi and congrats on your first MOC page! i can see it in the gallery so it should be good in terms of moderation. Make sure you add your credits in the gallery so the host's can check the 75% requirement is met. Just add it in in the description field when you upload. Depending on how long you have been a subscriber, some Storyteller indivdual products may no longer be available in store and not count to the 75% so it would be good to check!

(Also if you are not sure how to add credits into an already posted page, if you click on your layout, you should see this big edit media pink button, clicking that will bring up the description field and you can type what you used to make your page in there ) Hope this helps :)
    Capture-editmedia.JPG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  8. lou

lou Well-Known Member

I am not sure if the information is already out there but i cannot find it. So templates count for 15%, but i am unclear about the rest.
    If, let's say, i use 4 papers in my page and 1out of 4 is not currently in store, does that counts as 75%, or if say, about 1/4 of the space in my page is not currently in store, that's 75%, or how does that 75% rule work exactly?!
    Thanks!

9. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

@bellbird
    Thanks so much for answering my questions. I did edit my media so that I gave credit for the products I used. :) I'm looking forward to this challenge as I want to complete our family trip to Disney last year. And if I don't have an end date, then the project is just going to languish on my to-do list! Thanks again!

bellbird likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm not sure that each paper is given a weighting, we aren't that mean really! But templates come up frequently, so assigning them 15% is both courtesy to their designers who put so much time into their creation and with due respect to their design, that can dictate a whole gorgeous page!

bestcee likes this.
  11. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

What do you do if someone gave you a compliment in your personal MOC layout thread not in the gallery?

12. bestcee

Yes, that's the basic idea. If you use 10 items, and 8 are currently in the store, you are at 80%.

13. Tedasgram (Ruth)

Tedasgram (Ruth) Active Member

Everything is so well organized!! This is going to be so fun. I apologize that I haven't taken time to read all the questions to see if my question has been answered. It's 1:15 am my time so I'm kinda rushing.
    IF a layout on any given day has not followed the rules or misunderstood them, does someone message us to let us know? I'm afraid I'm going to mess up, unintentionally.

14. bestcee

Ultimately, it is your responsibility, but yes, the challenge hosts contact scrappers to let them know if something was missed through your inbox (PM) at the top of the forum. We honestly want everyone to succeed, so we try to help out.
    Welcome to the Lily-Pad!

Tedasgram (Ruth) likes this.
  15. imperio

imperio Member

Can someone please help me?
    I just posted my layout to the Jan 1st thread but it says "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
    How does the forum work?

cinderella likes this.
  16. bestcee

We do have a Spam filter. I can see your layout, and the moderators will be up in the morning and approve it! Welcome to The Lilypad! I hope you enjoy our Month of Challenges!

imperio and bellbird like this.
  17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can you combine MOC and designer challenges at all?

18. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I am brand BRAND new, just joined today. I asked questions in the wrong place but someone very nicely answered! I've read EVERYTHING! Some of it two and three times. I bought my first ever TLP kit and did my first MOC! It's now posted 3 times! :D I'm in Melbourne Australia and just checked. Your times for setting new challenges are between 4pm and 12:30 am my time. Sigh, I'm going to have to get some patience waiting for these all day! :D I probably just need to plan to do Day 1 on Day 2 as I did today and so on. Thanks so much! I enjoyed this. My only question, now that I've learnt a hundred new things today (including resizing!) is, What's a Polly wog??? :)

bestcee likes this.
  19. bestcee

A Pollywog, or Polly for short, is a Creative Team member for the site. We welcome, help, chat, and of course scrap!

Genniejoy likes this.
  20. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

How do you start to create a mood board?
    I've been searching for over an hour to find a color swatch with the exact colors of kits I have in my stash. I cannot find any color palettes with the exact same colors. And I haven't even started on the extras.
    Can someone help me get started? I'm clueless.