MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

CHALLENGES QUESTION or suggestion, but a bit late on that. I do, almost exclusively, art journaling and collage. Some challenges last year were very tough to do with my approach. I'm hoping (!) this year will be flexible in this regard?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh dear Sharon, many can be done in an art journaling fashion, but many will be a huge stretch. This is a month of challenges, and you may be more challenged in the events, but each one is like an exercise to learn and try new things. In art journaling, part of the joy is the process, if you take the process as how can or will I apply this in the future on a page? maybe never, but maybe, you might try and see that there are other genres of digital art that you may find as an adventure.

AJK, londoncuppa, cfile and 2 others like this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@sbpoet - most of us have a specific style we scrap, and not all of the MOC challenges will be cohesive to every style. While we realize that it will stretch many of our scrappers - and that's honestly the point of MOC - some challenges will require that everyone will have to create pages outside of their normal scrap style

AJK, AlannaH, Aerobigirl and 2 others like this.
  4. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

HA! Yes, last year was certainly a challenge. I expect this year will be, too.

AND -- what do I get with my brand-new ADDICTED trophy?

EHStudios likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Bhaha @sbpoet , you get my giggle and glee. Envision me rubbing my hands together, throwing back my head and declaring another digital addict to creating...

AJK, Carol K., cfile and 1 other person like this.
  6. Meg

Meg There's no place like home

Thanks Julie , because I don't remember if I have already signed in. :eyeroll

7. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Is there a good rule of thumb for how old kits tend to be when they are retired? I'm relatively new to TLP, and most of what I have was bought this year, but I do take advantage of those SOSN sales! :) Short of searching everything I own in the store (which would take FOR-EV-ER), is there a quick way to identify the retired stuff? Thanks!

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Good question! I think I did an pretty good job put retired in the file name when I picked some up earlier this year, but now I'm having second guesses that I may have missed some...would love to know if there's a quick way as well.

9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I can't tell if anything is retired but it is a way to examine past purchases as thumbnails....on store page after you login, upper right corner click the drop down and select Visual Order History. From there you can click to a page and see if item still offered. Might help? I have mumble pages so it takes a while to review for me, wheee.

AmandaJ, bestcee and A-M like this.
  10. mrs2a50

No set rules - it's really up to the designer. I think the first thing I would be to check for retired designers. After that, I think I would just confirm a kit was still there as I used it.

keepscrappin, bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thank you for sharing the hint about looking at the "visual order history" . I just tried that and it was good to be able to physically see what I have purchased.

12. bbymks5

Was a list kept from the last retirement sale way earlier this year?

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

No....
    But the sale was in March. So, maybe that helps?

bbymks5 likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... maybe right before you scrap, and have decided on a kit, check the store?

keepscrappin, londoncuppa and mrs2a50 like this.
  15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

That's what I do. I keep the tabs open in a browser anyway for linking up the credits at the end, so this isn't an extra step for me. I'm just doing it at the beginning of the layout instead of at the end.

Mylinn likes this.
  16. binty

binty Member

Hello. this is my first time attempting to do MOC - my questions ::
    Q1 : do the layouts have to be 12x12 format size or can we use any size (8.5x11 or smaller or 6x8 pocket style. etc) ?
    Q2 : also r hybrid layouts and tags allowed as part of the challenge entry.
    Thank-u for the help.

londoncuppa likes this.
  17. mrs2a50

Welcome Binty!! You can scrap any size you like, and you are welcome to do hybrid layouts, as long as you're using a minimum of 75% TLP product

AJK, londoncuppa and bestcee like this.
  18. bbymks5

Normally it would, but when we got the new PC, all the folders that got moved have May dates LOL! I'll have to go my order history.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  19. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I have #selfie from Allison Pennington which I can't find in the store, but it looks like it's her portion of the store collab #selfie? I see some matching elements. That would count towards the 75% right?

20. mrs2a50

If it's part of the collab, then yes, it would count @corsicar

cfile and bestcee like this.