Do you do cookie swaps?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KittyY, Dec 12, 2017.

1. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

Do you do cookie swaps? I posted about my first experience in about 15 years on the blog. It would be so much fun if we all posted a recipe card with our favorite cookie recipes

Me want cookie!

Karen and bbymks5 like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't. I would love to though! Off to read! :)

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is a cookie recipe I did for my 12/4 recipe tutorial at Scrapaneers...[it is part of the giveaway.]. the recipe for Chocolate chip cookies, which are the best.. so delicious! Enjoy!! wmrecipe12.png wmrecipe13.png

bbymks5 and Angela Toucan like this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've done cookie swaps in real life AND recipe card swaps in digiscrap forums. Both are fun! Today is so busy I can only sit here for a few minutes, but if I can, I will participate soon.

KittyY and cfile like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've never done one, being coeliac makes it impossible in real life. I used to host a recipe swap at RAKScraps all those years ago. It would be nice to have a go at a cookie recipe swap here.
    Your's looks lovely Christa

cfile likes this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'll have to post one of our favs! I haven't made cookies or sweets since July for the girls' birthdays...I was thinking of making brownies this weekend though.

But to answer your original question, I've only done one, I kind of have issues when it comes to homemade baked goods, especially if I haven't been to the other peoples houses before LOL! I do however participate in an ornament exchange every year and that's pretty fun! Pick an ornament and mail it your person, so easy!

KittyY likes this.
  7. KittyY

I have my son on a GF diet and I'm always looking for treats for him! But the problem is the program he is in (Brain Balance) also suggests sugar free. UGH! That makes things so hard

and @cfile holy moly I want one NOW

Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  8. bbymks5

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love cookie swaps, both IRL and recipes!! I'll have to come back and post one when I am back at my computer :) Saving these so far :) Love the one in your post, Kitty!

KittyY likes this.
  10. KittyY

your card is GORGEOUS! This sounds yummy - it had me at 'pudding'

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. bbymks5

@KittyY They're so good!! And they're GREEN!!!

KittyY likes this.
  12. bbymks5

So if you're all fancy and have one of those mini bunt pans you could make them look like Christmas wreaths LOL!

13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I have done swaps in the past & they are super fun & an easy way to get a lot of holiday goodies without having to do all the baking! :) I'm making 4 doz Dark Chocolate Mint Cupcakes for my kids' school staff cookie exchange. Hopefully the staff can each take home 2 dozen goodies if everyone who says they are baking actually does! I don't really follow a recipe anymore- as I have most of them memorized- The dark chocolate cupcake has mint extract, a mint oreo cookie baked on the bottom & the frosting is mint buttercream. I may color it green or swirly or something festive too... not sure yet! ;)

KittyY likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I’ve done swaps in the past and they were so much fun. Now that I’m on a low carb, GF, refined sugar free diet I have to stick to making my own desserts.

I’m making a pumpkin loaf and GF chocolate chip cookies which I will enjoy but I do miss the Xmas cookie swap where we would get 10 different cookies and bars.

15. KittyY

PLEASE (begging loudly) send me some of those recipes so I can make for my low sugar, GF kiddo :)

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@KittyY I'll post my pinterest links to a few of the recipes later. My pumpkin loaf is seriously awesome! This wkend I am going to try a cream cheese cookie, substituting with cream cheese substitute (I am dairy free too). I'll let you know how that turns out.

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@KittyY (and anyone else that wants a GF load recipe)....here is the pinterest link to the pumpkin loaf that is my fave dessert. I tweak it a bit with a bit of xylitol and a few vanilla stevia drops rather than the honey sometimes but either way, its good. I don't bother putting the nuts on it.

https://www.asaucykitchen.com/paleo-pumpkin-bread/

KittyY likes this.
  18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I LOVE cookies!
    [​IMG]

I don't do swaps, my hubby has a 'thing' about eating food that comes from other peoples kitchens he doesn't know.

I do a Christmas Cookie bake in my house. Invite those ladies closest to me and have them bring their dough and then we all help each other bake. Good way to make those cookies that need a little work.

KittyY and cfile like this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yeah, I'll skip on the swapping cookies. I did it once and I ended up with about 10 dozen cookies that tasted awful. Yes, I'm picky. I bake cookies with my mom, sister and children . . . and we cook plenty of our faves. That's honestly enough for us without having so 12 different kinds.

cfile likes this.
  20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm agree with Cheryl! A cookie swap for me is really useless because I don't need how many dozens of cookies in a house with 1 person. They used to try to convince me to do a cookie swap with 10 people at work but I always declined. Although they did do snacks besides cookies so I could have made one of my rice krispies treats instead of cookies.... but there was 1 girl with nut allergies so most of the cookies people wanted to make were out. My favorite rice krispie recipe uses peanut butter. Yep, can't make those.

We actually saw her have a reaction once just touching a cookie that she didn't know how nuts in it. Her MIL (also works in office) had to take her to the doctor. So yeah, no cookies with nuts. I think it didn't go anywhere after the 1st time they tried it.

So no to cookie swaps for me. I don't often make cookies either although I did get a package of the Nestle chocolate chip cookies to bake last week. 24 cookies gone in 4 days. Yep, don't need cookies in the house :pigout

cfile likes this.