DYD Journal & Photo Prompts

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by bcgal00, Nov 8, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It's that time of year again! I love everything about the holiday season and that includes DYD at The Lilypad. I am just giddy with excitement, are you?

Are you ready to start creating now? (I've got some prompts for the early-birds who want to get started). Or will you wait and create December pages? If you are like me, you are anxious to see the new kits coming out. You can never have too many Xmas kits IMO :)

Here are some journal and photo prompts to help you with some ideas for your page design, journaling and photos. Follow the prompts day by day or mix them up in whichever order you please. You may wish to use them all or just a few, it's all up to you!

dyd_prompts.jpg

FOR THE EARLY-BIRDS, WANTING TO GET STARTED NOW, HERE ARE SOME PROMPTS TO GET YOU STARTED ON YOUR HOLIDAY PAGES, BEFORE THE DECEMBER PROMPTS START.
    • SHARING & CARING
    • NOSTALGIA
    • COLORS AND THEMES
    • KEEPSAKES
    • SPARKLE & SHINE
    • SCENTS & SMELLS
    • LIGHT
    • XMAS PLANS
    • FAMILY PHOTOS
    • SANTA & HOLIDAY DISPLAYS
    • WHAT TO WEAR
    • ANIMALS & PETS
    • DIY & HOMEMADE CRAFTS
    • ADVENT CALENDAR
    • ORGANIZING & PLANNING AHEAD
    • PETS
    • FIRST SNOW
    • LETTER TO SANTA
    • FAVORITE HOLIDAY FOOD OR DRINK
    • BLESSINGS
    • BELIEVE
    • CREATIVITY

I'll be back each day to give you some ideas and suggestions. Let's all share our layouts or projects here. I can't wait to see what you all create!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

These are awesome, Rae! I'm definitely going to be using some, if not all, of them!!

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Really awesome list Rae! I am grabbing so many of these for my book! :beat

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Love these, Rae! I'm going to make mine from 2015 and see if I can pull together a cute little book!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Rae thanks for the list! It's so helpful for us newbie DYDers.

Good idea to pull from a previous year Jenn, why didn't I think of that! I'm so far behind on scrappin Christmases that I've got loads to choice from.

jk703 likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

This weekend I am going to create my title page for my album. I am going to use many if not all of the prompts for my page designs and will also include some winter photos taken around the city.

I am all for a no-pressure kind of project, create as many or as little pages as I want, not stressing over what does or doesn't get done.

What about you? Are you ready to start thinking about the holiday season and get started on your project?

Remember, please share any pages you create, we'd all love to see them!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

In addition to my prompts given in the main post of the thread here, Jenn has posted "Document The Everyday Challenge" which you can use in conjunction with my prompts given, giving you even more ideas and possibilities for your December pages!

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Saving this list! Hoping I can get my cousin Hanna in on this with me as a photo project!

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So, I'm feeling excited that I got my title page done. Now I want to use one of the early prompts to get a page done this wkend. I think I'm going to journal about "planning ahead", specifically about meal planning.

Have you started yet?

Here's my title page.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    FILIPPOK and GwenCreative like this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I've started planning my DYD in my bullet journal. I have three list so far... your list, a list of our known events so far and a list of things I know I want to document. Next I'll start melding those together onto a daily type list and brainstorming as to how your prompts relate to something I want to document. I'll move things around throughout the month, but I like having ideas. The month gets hectic, so anything I can do to have a plan helps!!

destiney1 and bcgal00 like this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@tkradtke Tracie - I agree, having lists, having a plan, it helps the creative process go smoother and faster. Also, the lists can also trigger other ideas and thoughts too, so can be interpreted or tweaked, sometimes leading you in an entirely different direction than you thought of initially.

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Right! Plus they remind me to take photos... that was key for me last year. Take lots of random photos :-) I was struggling to finish up my book from last year, but looking over your 2016 list, I saw the prompt "games" and remembered the game we got for Christmas. Thankfully I had a photo I randomly took of us playing the game and turned it into a DYD page! Sometimes the prompt reminds you to take a photo and sometimes the prompt reminds you of a photo you've already taken!

13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm saving these lists! There are so many great prompts here, thank you!!!

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was going to work on December 2017 but decided I would incorporate other years into my album too. I used one of the early prompts "animals and pets" for this page about Taz from last Xmas.
    [​IMG]

FILIPPOK likes this.
  15. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Thank you for the list ideas! I'm taking lists from different groups / former challenges and putting them into one list, then I think when I do my daily page for each day of December, I'll pick from the list whatever topic speaks to me at that moment.

16. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am just so excited to start my Christmas activities but I decided I need to at least wait until after Thanksgiving so that we can give that holiday its due. Thanksgiving is a little tough since my hubby's brother died on Thanksgiving but I still want to celebrate and be thankful for all we have.

GwenCreative likes this.
  17. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

It is a beautiful way to see things and to celebrate in spite of everything in love this feast that reminds the brother of your husband.

18. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

team bujo! lol I already A few pages going into December planning. we do a daily advent calendar with activities, or you know candy on lazy days. And I have to brainstorm some new ideas for the elf on the shelf. I mean whos bright idea was that?! I also set a reminder alarm on my phone. well, a few one to remind me to even take some photos set around the time the kids get out of school. then a journaling reminder before bed. Once everything gets crazy I often forget those small things. I love this prompt list, hopefully, will break me out of taking the same photos every year.

GwenCreative likes this.
  19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am keeping a word doc list on my laptop desktop to jot down things we did that day, etc. It is easier to edit it than to open the scrapbook software.

GwenCreative likes this.
  20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm going to work on "what to wear". I always get new jammies and will do a page about what I want to find next weekend when I'm shopping in Bellingham.