Credit for Awesome Extras...

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Chippi, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi all!

While I was reading Judie's Blog post, Loading Styles in PS and PSE, I started thinking about crediting. Naturally we credit kit and template designers, and a some of us do fonts as well, but, for styles that we have purchased (or freebies), should we be crediting the designer?
    A couple of examples:
    Realistic Shadow Styles -- I just got these, omg, love them. I have been using shadow styles for ever, from a few different designers, and honestly haven't ever really thought to credit.
    Enamel Pin Builder (and all the goodies to go with that) -- I have used this to make titles and pins for layouts
    or ANY other styles by designers.

And also, CU products. Each designer has their TOU, but is there a rule about when/if we use them to create elements for our personal pages?

I am happy to, and absolutely want to credit our awesome designers, just wanting to see if these are things we should be crediting too. Would love to know what people think!

:bk

2. Chippi

Also... Changed the thread title, because I re-read it and felt like I was being totally rude!! Haha!!
    :crazy3

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I try to credit those extras like shadow styles, but I forget a lot. I do get other styles credited, so I have no idea why I forget shadows!

Chippi likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I try to if I remember but sometimes I forget and other times I am using my own styles. I have them all together in my styles pallet and it is hard to discern sometimes. I have gone in and renamed the style by putting intials in the front, but in PSE you cannot rename. Not all designers put their name in the front when doing their styles. Actions too.. if I use a plug in I try and remember to indicate it, but regular actions not usually.

Chippi likes this.
  5. Chippi

Maybe because we do title or button or other styles purposefully, but shadowing is something we do kind of on autopilot. Eg, Pretty much every page we do has shadows, and often they aren't an up front feature, but using a fancy style for a title is absolutely for show!

bestcee likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I do. Mainly, if I don't, it's because I'm not sure which I used and the info isn't available in my psd. I don't use them too often, but when I do, I try to credit. I love styles!

I don't use Shadow Styles... over the last 7 years, I've made my own, and tweaked them and saved them over and over again. I have saved them for myself as a set... so many different based on depth, color of papers/items behind, etc.

AllisonPennington and Chippi like this.
  7. Chippi

That's a good idea, putting the initial at the front when they/you can.

You clever duck! I am so not confident to make my own styles or even shadow things myself.

P.S. Don't know why clever "duck", too early in the morning and it just seemed like the right animal...

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I don't credit shadow styles because I change them so much, but all other styles I do.

Chippi likes this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I guess I've never really thought about crediting styles and actions. I used actions for my titles, for saving for web, and splitting my double layouts in half. I use styles for shadows, making stickers, glitters, etc. I'd have to write a small book to include all of that plus the kit and template credits. My spreadsheets will be overflowing.

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't credit shadow styles because I often change them but I do try and credit styles which really change text or shapes. I won a major $$ amount from Mommyish on her CU styles/actions so I do want to show appreciation for that win.