I'm Back! Hopefully...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi Everyone!
    Boy what a year... I had big plans this year. I had a schedule and to-do list, and all kinds of reminders and promises made to myself, including exercising and completing (at least) one scrap page every other day.
    Well it is October... I have no idea where my daily planner is, my schedule is forgotten (and a new better one in place), I deleted the reminder app off my phone, and those promises, well, I have put on a few kg and exercised about 20 times since the start of the year, and I have only done around 10 pages since MOC.
    I would come on here and then be sidetracked by my kids or something else in my world, and never get back, over and over. I would open up my scrapping but the passion and inspiration just wouldn't be there. And then the family needs me.

On the positive side. I have been crocheting a lot. My kids have grown up so much. AND we have two new family members! Marshmallow and Mr Hopps

[​IMG]

But I miss scrapping. I miss chatting. I miss making enamel pins. I miss all my scrappy friends. I miss challenges.
    So here I am. Trying again to get back into a scrappy habit. Hoping that DSD will give me a push, and ready to catch up with you all!!

Tell me a couple of good things that have been happening for you over the last few months?

2. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

That crochet piece is absolutely gorgeous - I love the colours you've used. I'm a sucker for all things purple. :)

Chippi likes this.
  3. Chippi

Would you believe it is all one ball (well, two). Caron Cakes are AMAZING!

4. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I've been drooling over these for a while now but I can't figure out what to do with it (I can't knit or crochet to safe my life).

Chippi likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hey welcome back! Hopefully DSD will help like u said & there's some fun games planned if you just wanna hang out aswell as or instead of scrapping Love your new bunnies names ( & I bet I know which kid picked which one!) I don't know how people juggle hobbies but sounds like crochet makes u happy too & looks like u are awesome at it!
    What's new?! Wait til u see the newsletter & store this weekend! Lucky it's a virtual store or it'd be busting at the seams!
    See you round like a rissole! Nite!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh your post sounds like mine every year. The promises to work out and lose weight ... the To Do lists & sticking to a schedule ... etc. Been there!

It's so hard when family pulls you in the opposite direction - & just look at those two sweeties! What an amazing photo! As for what to scrap? I 'd start with that photo if you haven't already scrapped it. That little photo college is at least a page or two of scrappy inspiration! If you want to get primed before the Chats, LO challenges and games start ... maybe do the Oct Random Challenge - it's a recipe, so they tell you exactly what to use on the page. You won't have to even think too much!

So glad to see you back Chippi ... I hope you find your mojo again with all the DSD fun about to happen around here.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ah the joys of life pulling us every which way... I think we can all relate! I know that I have other hobbies and kids and life that pull me away personally too. Thankfully my love of scrapping always comes back after a lull and it's wonderful to have this place waiting here for us, huh? LOVE that shrug you made! I keep seeing all the caron cakes at Michaels and want to make something with them. I always get the itch to crochet about this time of year too, so I'll probably be trying a shawl of something soon. Love that purple!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I like your bunnies' names, especially Marshmallow. :)

Perhaps I can be of some reassurance. I was a prolific scrapper from 2007 until about 2011. Then, unintentionally, I nearly dropped scrapping completely, from 2012 to 2014. Partly because I was considering going pro with my photography so I was spending all my own time watching CreativeLIVE photography and business classes and studying at ClickinMoms, and also my kids were preteens with many activities requiring driving them around. But that last thing can't be a big factor because now they are teens with many activities requiring driving them around but since I determinedly picked up scrapping again in 2015, I have been prolific again. I've made about 150 scrapbook pages this year so far, and I think that's more than last year. So it's possible! :)

One good new thing for me lately: I've relearned to knit with the help of a friend who knits so skillfully she can chat and not even look at her hands while her needles fly (and she also teaches knitting classes). She suggested a knitting pattern called Building Blocks. Each 12" square (I guess I like hobbies that involve 12" squares :giggle ) each focuses on a skill and after completing 6 or 12 squares you have a baby blanket or an afghan. I'm going for the afghan. But it's slow going so far. I'm only knitting during homeschool co-op hours, mostly Fridays, sometimes Tuesday. When I gain more confidence I intend to knit during other waiting times too (remember I drive the kids to a lot of activities; some involve waiting for them too).

Welcome back!

Karen likes this.
  9. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Oh my goodness, that sweater is gorgeous! You couldn't have come back at a better time! Happy iDSD!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Love your sweater and your bunnies (and their names) are adorable! Welcome back after taking the break.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome back, Chippi! Hoping things settle and you get some scrapping in and done! Join in the challenges! DSD is a perfect time to jump back in! Glad to see you about...it's hard to juggle and give time to all the things we want to do, must do, and everything in between! I wondered and hoped all was ok!

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You babies are so big! Where did the time go? I'm so glad to see you around. I hate when life gets in the way of scrapping! :giggle And just in time for DSD!

13. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Welcome back! Your sweater is gorgeous as are the bunnies! My daughter got married a couple months ago and I have gone back to not doing all the things I should be doing! However, I am going to the gym and walking (slowly) on the treadmill about 3 times a week. I started seeing a counselor and she said it would help me! HA! My doctor says the same thing -- maybe there's something to be said for that. I still need to be more organized and I need to make more layouts but I'm doing ok!

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So glad to see you back!! Your kiddos are so adorable and that crochet work..wow!! Love the bunnies :)
    My grandson turned one and is walking all over the place. And the best news for me in the last few months is that my daughter found a house to rent and is moving back out!!! haha Love my kids and my grandbabies, but.....

Karen likes this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

You came back just in time for DSD!! WHOO HOOO!!

Your sweater is beautiful!! Really makes me wish I knew how to crochet!

16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Glad to see you back, Chippi! Love those bunnies and their names. And such a nice photo of your kids! And great job with the shrug - it's beautiful!

I found some time to scrap this week and made 4 pages which is way more than I normally make. So that's making me happy. And I'm settling in to the routine of the kids back in school and doing all their sports and music and so on...it's nice to see they have so many interests. That makes me happy, too!

Karen likes this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Its a great time to be stepping back in the Pond! Looks like you have been having a wonderful in RL though (your kids are cuter every time I see them!)

[​IMG]

18. Chippi

19. Chippi

Ha, that made me laugh.. Glad to be back!!

Would you believe they were both horribly sick that day! I came down with it the next day. It was awful!! Haven't scrapped it though, haven't done anything yet! So glad to be back, even if it has only been chatting so far!

Definitely wonderful knowing this place is always here and people remember you and, man, it is just a lovely place!!
    It was so much fun making the little jacket, it is the biggest/most complex project to date, and Melody loved it. Bit jealous and want to make my own now, but I think mine will be a plain dark colour, and probable a different patter, but something for me!

That is reassuring! I haven't ever had a break this big since I started digi scrapping. I have slowed down before, but it wasn't to this extent. I really do want to get back into it, I love doing it, and I am very passionate about telling our stories!
    Good on you for re-learning how to knit!! I haven't learnt to knit yet, though I am planning on it in the next few weeks. My grandma taught me when I was really young, but I don't remember anything.

Thanks Nancy and Rae! I am so glad to be back, perfect timing is right!!

I am so touched that you thought of me. Sometimes you do wonder if anyone actually knows and remembers you or if they are just being polite, even though for the most part you know that people know you!! Looking forward to doing some scrapping!

OMG I KNOW!! Bellamy just got his first proper hair cut and he went from baby to big boy!!
    This is the before and after
    [​IMG]

Thank you!! So awesome that you have started walking again! It really is so good for us. I definitely need to start again, and now that the weather is warming up for me I have more desire to be outside or be awake early.

Thanks!! Oh how lovely, I love walking babies! That is great news, I wish I could say the same about my sister, I do love her but she is sticking with us for a while longer. I would really like my little family back but she needs to stay to save more money.

Yay!!! DSD is so much fun!!
    Thank you! All you need to do is grab a hook, grab some yarn, and youtube some tutorials! It is tricky at first, but that first finished product makes you SO happy!!

Awesome job getting 4 pages done!! We are currently on two weeks school holidays between Term 3 & Term 4, and it is nice to have the kids home together, but OMG it is so crazy having the kids home together!!!

Naww Thanks!! They are pretty awesome kids, that's for sure! Can't wait to get scrapping!

Karen, bellbird and jenn mccabe like this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Bart is happy you are back too!
    [​IMG]