New Polaroid Film

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by bbymks5, Sep 25, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Just wanted to be an enabler and give a PSA for the new Polaroid film that just came out last week.

It is different than the film that was offered by Impossible Project and works REALLY well in well lit situations! We were pretty skeptical, but really pleased with the results!

That is all!

cfile and bestcee like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Um, no photo of a photo? LOL.

bbymks5 and cfile like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  4. bbymks5

@bestcee @cfile I totally forgot about this post!! Here's a picture of a picture and for grins and giggles...a picture of me taking the picture of the picture LOL!!!

I had to take it outside to get a pic...my house is like a bat cave and then my 20 lb cat decided he was going to try and make a prison break so I had to go chasing him!! 20171004_092215.jpg GNC_5624.jpg

bestcee and cfile like this.
  5. cfile

love the selfie and the photo of a photo.. hope you will be scraping them!

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

bbymks5 likes this.
  7. bbymks5

I love the one of the girls!! I need to scan and scrap that one I think...I'm not to keen on the photo of me, idk there's something off with it that I can't quite place my finger on? Maybe if I make it b/w I'll like it better?

I think the Snaps are so cute and I love the novelty part of them!! And they're so portable!!

My hubby got a bug and picked this camera up from off of Craigslist, I'm not sure how old it is, there's no year on it anywhere...but he got it when the new film was released LOL! We really need to get a frog tongue for it so the film can stay dark for the needed time vs trying to quickly hide the picture in a dark place once it spits out.

Hubby's looking at the Fuji Square but after our last experience where it took over a month and a scathing email to get his x30 back from being repaired I told him he was nuts! It's a hybrid of sorts.

8. cfile

:) Good luck and have fun with it. We had a poloroid.. not sure if we still have it or not. I like my digital :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@bbymks5 Timmi, I think it's a great photo of you. If I had to guess, I wonder if it's the camera bag strap where it creates trapped space? I love it in color. The contrast of the black and gold is lovely.

bbymks5 likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh fun! I agree with Courtney - the black and gold is really pretty!

Emma and I almost bought one at an antique shop last year. At the time we weren't sure if there would be film for it or not. Kinda wish we just grabbed it. You make me want to go back and check to see what they have on the shelf now!

And I want that Fuji Square!

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, stop enabling me! The last thing I need is another project/gadget/artsy thing to take up my time.

:drool

I'm dying here. I'd love to have a Polaroid!

bbymks5 and cfile like this.
  12. cfile

by the way... I love the photo of you Timmi!!!!

bbymks5 likes this.
  13. bbymks5

If you have it, you need to pull it out and get a pack of film...even if you just go through one pack! I'll get you a link!

I don't know if it's the strap, or b/c I'm all up in yo face....but something is driving me nuts about it!

There's a company overseas called Impossible Project that was making their own version, but it was super bad quality, everyone now and then you'd get a good batch, but not enough to make it worth the cost. If I remember correctly, this new film that came out is by Polaroid, but please don't quote me! I'll get a link to order, we were lucky to get it at our local shop. Check Craiglist for an old Polaroid camera too...that's where hubby got this one LOL

IDK...the photo is really in yo face...and just extra or something.

LOL!! But it's a harmless hobby :giggle I'll even provide you a link for the film!

Thank you!! Just seems extra bold and that's so not me LOL!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh yes indeed @bbymks5 ... I would love to see a link for the film you are speaking of ... there are so many different models of old Polaroid cameras ... is the film pretty universal?

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  15. cfile

16. bbymks5

I just messaged my hubby! I totally forgot to ask him yesterday when he got home from work (in a foul mood). It might be a bit before he replies, but I'll definitely get a link :)

17. bbymks5

@jenn mccabe @cfile @QuiltyMom @jk703

You can order the film from Polaroid Originals . com the film goes by the cameras speed, so I guess it might be kind of model specific, but hubby says there are mods that can be made so you can use different speed film. His van won't start, so he's trying to get a rental LOL I'll get more info later.

QuiltyMom likes this.