Guys, I have LOST my mojo totally.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Sep 17, 2017.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Recently I posted about "crafting tables" etc and we ended up making me one that I LOVE (pic to come and possibly a blog post about it).

Since it's been done, I haven't been able to do anything really, except move stuff around. And everything pretty much has it's place, granted I know it may change for me to get comfortable, but there is not reason I should not be taking advantage of it.

I did get one thing done, a cover for my sewing machine, but it was a project that was due for Therm O Web, so I had a deadline.

I don't know where I moved my mojo too, but it needs to come back and quickly. And challenges, sketches, etc are not helping!

I know some of this could be because our oldest dog was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer about 3 weeks ago and the fact that it will be my mom's bday on Tuesday and the first since she passed away in March. So the "smart" girl in me knows that is probably part of the problem, but I want to push past it, but don't seem like I can.

I sat down last night to do a layout, with some fun Jillibean Soup (that my bestie helped design) and I just pushed paper and the picture around. I did drink my margarita though and watched a little Batman! LOL

Any suggestions? The pad peeps always rock at these questions.

KittyY likes this.
  2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

The "firsts" after a parent passes away are always so very hard to push through...I wasn't able to do anything crafty the first year after my dad passed away...no PL app pages, no 3D paper project, no cards...nothing. I'd sit down with the best of intentions to do something, but I'd get lost in my thoughts because it was too quiet. MOC5 was the beginning for me in helping me find my mojo again. It was something I could look forward to each day, I didn't have to think of something to do, I was being told what to do...I needed that.

Do you have any friends who like play with paper, or sew? Maybe have a small craft day/night at your house? Have everyone bring a dish to share with everyone and throw some music on?

Watch crafty people on YouTube and try one of their projects out?

Maybe go through the Weekly Focus Challenges and do some of those, even if you don't post them?

Hugs to you!!

bellbird and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Create something like a card for someone like your Mom and then take it to them. Share your love.

4. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

I don't have anything to add that wasn't shared above.... but I'm sending you some big hugs!

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Katrina, I am not sure how to help you, but sometimes is just about getting to do something. I was mojoless and somehow I decided I wanted to stamp. I haven't stamped in probably close to 10 years. It helped me to get back on track.

Now, where is that sewing machine cover! I need to make one!

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

You've had lots of good ideas so far. I want to add....don't stress over it. Try something else for a bit, read some design books/magazines, watch some videos, peruse pinterest for design ideas, jots down ideas in a project book, look up quotes and titles (I love that kind of mindless wandering thru pinterest) or look for journal ideas. There are lots of scrappy activities to do without actually having to scrap and that might take the pressure off and you'll get back into it when you are ready.

7. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Thanks everyone I think it's probably just a combo of all the things. And dealing with all the things. Maybe this hybrid girl should try a digital page! LOL

@Dalis here's the cover!! LOL The squares were precut thank goodness. This was my first attempt at winging a pattern, quilting and making my own binding and sewing it on.

Sewing_Machine_Cover_Therm_O_Web_SpraynBod_HeatnBond_Katrina_Hunt_600Signed-7.jpg

Chippi, Karen, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG, those fabric pieces are super cute!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this is awesome! (and as someone who has sewn like once in her life, would never have known it was a first attempt at anything!) And i would add to the pertinent advice above that if sewing makes you happy while you get comfortable in your refreshed space, then do it, either a planned project or bits you might want to incorporate into a paper scrapbook page later,and maybe you're mojo will find it's way back but i don't believe these things can be forced when so much else is weighing on you.

10. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I “potter” in my craft room when I feel like you do - just tidying up or moving things around while I watch YouTube. I used to find that trying to force creativity when I was dealing with a lot of stress or grief just created more stress. Be kind to yourself.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I agree with what most said.... just enjoy the crafty things - watch videos, doodle with a pretty color, peruse the gallery, cut fabric squares, organize your stash, and don't stress! Hugs, Katrina!

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

((hugs)) We all go through these periods. I agree with you knowing why. I try and watch crafty videos. Sometimes that helps. Maybe google fabric stores in your area and shop a couple new ones. I found one the other week and all the fabrics she had and quilts she showed me had me sooo inspired!
    So some Art Journaling about this..............

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:hug
    As someone who scrapped like crazy from about 2007 to 2010 and then slowed down, scrapping almost nothing in 2012-2014, and now has scrapped hundreds of pages in the last couple of years, I can tell you mojo does return.

londoncuppa and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think it's totally normal to go through periods where you don't feel like being creative. Add to that your dog's diagnosis and the anniversary of your Mom's passing I think it's beyond normal to just feel off and blah about creating. Perhaps if you just journaled about those two bigs events and then fold the paper up and tuck it into an envelope and then scrap a page with that envelope instead of a photo? Maybe investigating all those swirling feelings could help? Other than that I'm sending you big hugs. Don't force it and be kind to yourself. If all you feel like doing is sitting in your new craft room and admiring that, that's totally cool. Besides, that in itself is a big way to be creative too! :)

15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@KatrinaHunt13 I was thinking about you this weekend. I finally got the stuff in to organize all of my dies in magnetic envelopes, and I was wondering if you found your mojo. If you're still searching for it, maybe organizing (or reorganizing) your stuff might help. I find just touching all of my lovely goodies brings me true joy and inspires me. Plus I never fail to rediscover stuff I forgot I owned.

I've been getting lots of stuff organized, and I just finished with my huge sequin stash last night. I want to go into November ready to scrap! Maybe we could collaborate on a 12x24 if that would help you. I'm here for you, sweetie.

Your hybrid sister!-Margaret

KatrinaHunt13 and jenn mccabe like this.
  16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This is exactly me. I organize, or flip through, or watch inspiring things, but if I'm truly in a rut forcing the actual creation of anything just makes me more stressed & anxiety ridden & guilty.

17. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

That is brilliant!! :)

wvsandy and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Stress ism most definitely a draining thing.... I suppose when you are on digital do3esn';t really matter how many pages I start and bin.... but I know I keep going at it, sometimes is a kit that inspires me, others go back in time to scrap something very old, or just play with art journal pieces...but I think what the girls have said above doesn't leave much to be said.... huge huge HUGGGGEEEE huggzz and hope it will return soon <3 you rock!!!!!!

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

You've gotten some great advice. I know all of the firsts after my dad passed were so incredibly hard. They still are, but I am so much better about remembering the good times and laughter instead of getting lost in the sadness. I agree with maybe watching crafty videos. Those always help me. And following people who inspire me (like you :)). Sending big hugs and know that it will find it's way back to you with time. You are such a creative person. It's just hiding for a bit :)

londoncuppa likes this.