the husband & I have the same fight every year...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KittyY, Sep 1, 2017.

1. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I LOVE Fall - So every year, I want to put out our Fall decor the first week of September and yall --- my husband wants to climb a wall. I even reminded him that the official first day of Fall is Sept. 22 so I'm just putting them out to enjoy a wee bit longer :heartslub

bbymks5, cfile, NancyBeck and 2 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I never want to give up my summers either ... but I have to admit, by the time September 1st rolls around each year - I'm ready to cave and give in. It was so cool here last night and this morning.

Enjoy your fall decorating!

cfile likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

It's still 110 degrees here so while I'm ready for Fall (which only lasts about a week because we experience heat until Thanksgiving) it just doesn't feel like Fall nor does it feel right to decorate. LOL!

klee73010, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahha...and I have to find the want to just to put the Christmas stuff up before Christmas...but always have energy to pull it all down!
    I am very minimalist in decorating. Dust is something that is ALIVE and can NOT be conquered when you live in the desert. I get all antsy when decorations have a layer or multi layers of dust, and that can happen in one afternoon. UGHH

cfile and jesskab like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I say, put them out and enjoy them! As much as I loved our unseasonably hot, dry summer, I am ready for fall now. I can feel it in the air, the season is starting to change here and I like it.

6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm a Sept 1st decorator too! My husband probably doesn't really like it but knows he won't win that battle! Go for it!

KittyY, lmccandless and jesskab like this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I say do whatever makes you happy. We're having a heatwave right now, so I'm stuck in limbo. I did buy my 1st pumpkin spice thing on Wednesday, a granola bar. But, it's so sunny & hot that I can't even think of it being fall soon.

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I put up my fall wreath on my front door yesterday and put together my autumn flower urns for the porch. Inside decorations will go up this weekend!

Sokee and KittyY like this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

September 1st is when I always change the quilt on my bed to the one with the fall leaves all over it. I also change all my outdoor flags and banners to the fall ones.

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm still enjoying summer mentality, but the weather here in VA is feeling like autumn. I just changed from a tank top to a short sleeve shirt and closed one window as a compromise.

As for decorating, I don't start until Halloween. Actually, not even then. My second daughter started taking over the Halloween decorating a couple years ago. I'm a minimalist and creature of habit. I also cling to summer as long as possible. :)

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My opinion, which formed when I was in school, is that fall starts the first day of school. It doesn't matter the date. The temp doesn't matter (although that can depend on where I live since I never felt "fall" or "winter" applied in Houston).
    Anyway, I am in my last week of summer and fall will start next week, when the kids in our district go back to school. That's when I'll rip out the last of my summer flowers and get ready for mums. (Although I've had marigolds all summer, so those I'll just keep deadheading to keep them going thru Halloween.)

For decor, my DH and I would never fight about when to put up decorations cuz I don't think he even notices what color our walls are, let alone what fall or summer or whatever items have been hung on them. :giggle

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    lmccandless likes this.
  12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

My fall décor is up already - I did it last weekend. All except buying some mums (my summer flowers on our front porch look okay yet). It's been unseasonably cool here so it really got me in the mood!

13. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I bought some fall items a couple of weeks ago and put them out. I may dig out some other items since we are getting the rain from Hurricane Harvey and it has drastically cooled down.

I just noticed today (I am off and had some time to spend on deck) that my flowers is almost dead so I guess it would not hurt to buy some mums and put them out.

14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

It seems like most people in this thread agree with you. But I'm definitely gonna side with your husband!! The last week of September is early enough for fall decor. It's not going up in my house or on my front door yet!

KittyY likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm a Halloween girl myself. And that starts October 1st! I've never been a fall decorator. I've never been much of a decorator. Except Halloween. I love Halloween.

KittyY likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:lalala:lalala I'm a summer girl, not ready to think about fall even though it's fast approaching. The extent of my decorating is a new wreath on the door and that might happen. Like Courtney @bestcee, I love Halloween and more decorations will come out in October!

bestcee likes this.
  17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is me... mostly. I do decorate for Halloween, but since I'm not much of a decorator, it's not like the Griswald's at Christmas!

I'm a summer baby and never want it to end!

bestcee likes this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love falll but don't decorate.. I just burn the fall candles in the house.. yesterday I started with a caramel pecan flavored but want to switch to my cider or autumn or pumpkin ones! I say decorate when you want!

19. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

well........the husband was gone w 2 of the kids ALL day to a football game.............so when the cats away....

yeah - I decorated lol

20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

ROFL!!! I'm with you!! The sooner the better!! I've had my fall AND Halloween stuff out for a couple weeks now LOL!! So I guess you can tell your hubby, it could be worse...he could live in the desert where it's still in the 100's and you could have put fall and Halloween decorations out last month :giggle

KittyY likes this.