Netflix | pad patter 7.19.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 19, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Tree City I didn't know Grantchester was a book! I just ordered it from Amazon as $5. is worth a try. LOL

Tree City likes this.
  2. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I can't believe no one has mentioned Designated Survivor. Absolutely brilliant show. I can't wait for next season.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I loved Designated Survivor! But living in MD it hits a bit too close to home!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh yes, I love Designated Survivor. We watched every episode on cable and can't wait for the new season.

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Well, I watched Sherlock and liked it even though it pushed the foul language, drugs and nudity some. Then, I tried to watch Dexter, thinking it would be a cool show about a serial killer righting wrongs by killing murderers. Boy was I wrong. It was filled with so many F-bombs and sex and nudity that I just couldn't. I had to turn it off. I wanted to do more mysteries, but decided to go in the opposite direction and watched Fuller House. I really enjoyed Full House as kid and Fuller House is more of the same, but also fun in that they make fun of the projects the actors have done or currently are doing. It's light-hearted and something I can watch with my girls.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'd never heard of it until this thread lol
    ETA: nope, I was wrong. I just googled it and I have watched it. As you can see, it didn't leave an impression.

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sherlock is an addict, even in the original book series. :) But that's not to say I disagree with your assessment of the show! If you're looking for mystery without the language, check out Father Brown. He's a priest who likes to solve crimes. It's British but on Netflix. There is maybe a few light swear words but no F words, for sure.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Jeanet We love Designated Survivor too! We watched every episode and can't wait for season 2. Great show and I just love K. Sutherland.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm adding things to my to-watch list after this. I really want to try Designated Survivor, but I really hated Keiffer Sutherland in 24 so much (my hubby loved that show) that I'm not sure I can stomach him in a new show. I guess I can give it a try. :)

bestcee likes this.