The Pad goes EuroDisney 2018....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Jul 18, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

well, my dear lovelies....after almost 4 years talking about it but nothing coming to happen.... we will be having a Lilypad European Meet!!!!!!!!

This came to be after us talking at Kristina's - @klee73010 thread with the map here
    We still haven't established a date, we are going to try to have as many of you to join us so will wait as much as possible, considering that booking in advance here in the UK and I am sure all over Europe, makes it a LOT cheaper....so the sooner we can put a date as official, the better!

After talking to berniek & Vrielinkie in that thread, we decided all three of us can make it to Euro Disney even if only for a day - Sarita and myself would have to go for a couple of days at least as traveling so much in a day is a no no for me (old and disabled LOL) plus booking in advance with Eurostar cost less than just a day.... but will try to make it fit for those who want to come to the parks even if for a day, and I will try find a place accessible by French transport near the parks to meet so those of you who don't want/can't make Disney can come and meet us anyway.

This will happen in summer 2018 -can't remember the dates the girls mention they can do, but we will be updating as you guys come let us know.

I will be 60 in September next year so I would kinda be celebrating with you , even if we meet way before...but it would be a great present to be able to celebrate with you guys!!!!!!

British Padders: the more of us who go from here, the cheaper the price can be made, plus we would be delighted to meet you!!!!!!!

If you think you could make it even for a day... please let us know more or less which dates would be convenient for you

@berniek & @Vrielinkie you could refresh my memory and post here so everyone can have an idea when from we could start looking for?

I will also try compose this text in French as I know we have lots of French people around, Gaelle ma petite maybe you could help on this one? @Ga_L
    Maybe a post also in Dutch so we can add both texts to this initial post?

OF COURSE we would LOVE anyone from the other side of the pond or even from The Land of Oz- and any other part of the world but understand the cost maybe a bit not doable.... but would LOVE to see all of you who love The Pad as much as we do!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so, this is it for now.. we will be meeting for sure (praying that God will keep protecting me so my body is in shape to travel!) but would love if as many of you as possible can make it, so will wait some time to see if we can make a date that is convenient for all of us!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Ohhh so exciting, will have to see what I can do. DD is in her final year of school next year and it may not be possible for me/her/us but wouldn't it be awesome if we could?

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I am in! I will always take any opportunity to go to Disneyland!!

I am a teacher and during the school year, I can obviously only come during school holidays. I have looked, but cannot find a schedule with holidays right now.
    However, Fridays are my day off so a weekend would be possible.
    I don't have a lot of dates that are no-nos right now. The last weeks of the school year are always very busy though and not really an option.

And I will not go for only one day either. I have to travel quite a bit (I live in the North of the Netherlands) and when I'm there, I'm gonna enjoy and take my time!! :D

For now, let's just see who's interested and then we can start pick a date later.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ladies, I am so excited for you! That will be so fun!

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. MrsPeel

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, of course, you wouldn't be working in August, am I right?
    here the school summer holidays start in the end of July, I know in France and Spain start earlier, I remember us going to EuroDisney in the first week of July, and I wouldn't say it was "empty" but there was breathing space, we stopped to eat hot dogs in one of the trailers behind the Pirates ship and we were almost alone there... the British summer holidays are end of July onwards, classes usually start beginning of September, but for Sarita Uni would be finished in the end of July so we could do any dates from end of August - September... so, I mentioned this to @Shivani so having a year to plan, wouldn't it be amazing if we can have her?
    @KarenB maybe we can make you want to be there with us? :giggle I can bribe you guys with the promise to make Brazilian sweets in boxes and bring them to you? :giggle

berniek likes this.
  6. berniek

So I found my school schedule!

These are the spring/summer breaks I have scheduled:
    30/04 - 06/05 > Spring Break (week 19)
    16/07 - 02/09 > Summer Break (week 29-35)

So right now, anything in between those dates are fine for sure.
    Different dates might an option too.

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

awesome, lets see if anyone else can accommodate to those ..for me it would have to ve summer hols, as Sarita only finishes Uni on the 20 something of July, I think Friday now (this one coming) is her last class this year, so next would be the same around end of July.... graduation ceremony is the showing of the graduates show reels....at the BAFTAs... (is like the Hollywood organization that gives the Oscars, the BAFTAS are the British Oscars) but I doubt she will get a job straight on LOL so we can travel in the summer!!!!!

berniek likes this.
  8. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Oh this is perfect. So glad we are going to organise something definite. I haven't got anything booked for next summer yet, so can do anytime...:bunny

MrsPeel and berniek like this.
  9. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Hi y'all! Would prefer March/April, summer vacation is also a possibility but like Berniek said it has to be after school's out. I work at a Uni, I think it's around the same time as Berniek. So en of July until the end of August is fine. My boyfriend still owes me a weekend in Paris, so I will be travelling seperately and I will come to EuroDisney for a day to meet up with you guys! He won't mind, it'll give him a chance to see some soccer stadiums. So, I'm game!

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I don't think our dates are going to work after all. Our schools close from the end of June to around the 21st of July. :tantrum

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

so fun ! in July and August I don't work (since 2016 september I've stopped my work) but my hubby has his break in july. the children have their summer vacation in july and august.

12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Our school holidays always are end of July to middle of September, so anything August would be fine.

13. berniek

Oh that's too bad, Stefanie! :disagree

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's so cool!! I wish I could be there. Maybe if I hit the lottery or something between now and then! :giggle

15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I'm so excited about you! EuroDisney is my dream destination. I'm so close but I can't afford to come...
    Unless I win the lottery. Which will be a total surprise, because I don't buy lottery tickets!

16. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Sounds amazing!! I will live vicariously through everyone else!!

bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I wish Europe was closer to here (& cheaper to get to!) Our school & uni breaks are like Stefanie's here but I know you guys will have a blast!

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Would love to come, just a bit far to come - will look forward to hearing all about it!

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

:(
    we will have to organize more Pad live meetings so we can get to meet you!!!! needless to say, ig you come this way at any time of the year, let us know!!!!!!!!

...well, I do (buy lottery tickets) so, if I win, doesn';t even need to be a huge amount, but if I win enough to pay for your ticket, I will do. Would LOVE to meet you!!!!!!!! <3

My right arm isn't very well and I was in the chat earlier so I ll quick now, will be back to answer to you all!!! But hey, I think this is really happening!!!! will wait for more people, but I think talking about August would be the best? Lets wait for more people...
    @Nemla Vivi? you think you could make it? oh you would make my entire year if you can come!!!!!!!!!

Nemla likes this.
  20. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

We may be able to come over from Italy!!

berniek and MrsPeel like this.