My name is Lena and....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Lena Gardner, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

I just posted my first layout in 18 months. I'm a bad memorykeeper, and the first step is admitting it, right? Okay so in my defense I've actually made a few dozen layouts in that time but haven't printed or posted them (other than on FB). Do you have a routine that helps you remember to upload and print, etc? Or do you just upload because you have to for CT work?

LoveItScrapIt and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

If I stay in the habit of blogging (remember hybrid girl here, so I even have to take project pics!) I do pretty good about uploading, etc. no matter if it's DT, CT work or not. I got out of the habit the last few months after everything with Mom, so I am trying to get back into it.

I really do like to blog, so maybe I just need to do it for the 21 days straight to get back in the habit. I used to post at least 3 times a week!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

All my full-sized pages go to an online storage and from there they can be sent for albums when there is a sale at Blurb. The resized pages go into a folder on my computer and from there they go for gallery uploading then they are deleted off my HD b/c I know the original is safe online.

4. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

See this is what I need....a system!

Tree City likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want to start blogging again, I used to love doing it and then I stopped.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Me too. I always say I'm going to upload my full-size LOs to shutterfly (or Persnickety, or both lol), but I just forget. I'm more concerned with backing them up to BackBlaze and my EHDs...but you'd think it'd be easy to remember to also add them to Shutterfly.

So I end up printing stuff haphazardly.

ForeverJoy and Lena Gardner like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I do have a little system for uploading my layouts. Once I've saved for web, the first place I'll upload is the gallery associated with the products I've purchased. If there isn't one, then I move on to step two, which is to right click on a folder in my bookmarks bar marked POSTING GALLERIES and then I choose OPEN ALL BOOKMARKS. Then I just go in order and post the layout, copying and pasting credits from my FILE INFO attached to my PSD file. Included in the POSTING GALLERIES bookmarks folder are my own personal FB page as well as a couple of scrapbooking groups, and then a couple of other galleries. Once I've posted it all, I update my Excel sheet, delete the web sized version and move my PSD in my layouts folder. :)

Tree City, Lena Gardner and bestcee like this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

bcgal00 I would love to know where you store them on your "online storage site".

9. rdjrneace

gonewiththewind Boy you are one organized girl. I would love to see your computer and how you work.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. rdjrneace

I post all my layouts to the various stores where the product comes from (I have 3-4 stores that I buy from) and most layouts get posted to facebook(there is a few of my personal weight loss journey that I do not post can't let everyone know my weight).

bestcee and Lena Gardner like this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@Lena Gardner well, you've inspired me to be better about this! I sat down to back up my EHD to BB, and I figured "Why not upload to Shutterfly, too?" so I've got my 2016 LOs uploading right now.

Maybe this will be a weekly thing for me. Maybe that'll help me actually start Project Life (which I've been wanting to do for a year *blush*).

ForeverJoy, Lena Gardner and bestcee like this.
  12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@rdjrneace After editing the raw files I copy them into a folder on smugmug. I keep my photos, digital layouts and some files there.

Lena Gardner likes this.
  13. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Yay! I have never completed a year of PL. But one of these years.... :D Way to go!!!

ForeverJoy and Tree City like this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is sort of what I do. I have a gallery folder and use that, but I only upload to a few galleries. And I save my pages and upload once a week...because I only scrapbook a few pages a week.

As far as printing I print at the end of the year. Actually it's usually January or February. I'll wait for a sale and then print all of my pages from the previous year.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I like to be petted & told I'm pretty :giggle so I always remember to upload my stuff to the gallery or here someplace else + a few FB groups + to my personal FB page. I do that on the weekends.

Tree City, ForeverJoy and Karen like this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I upload almost all of my pages online here and a couple other galleries... mostly for CT stuff (that keeps me motivated to keep scrapping) and then like LeeAndra said, I like comments and "likes" on my pages. :giggle