Monthly Muse July 2017 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Jul 3, 2017.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Art Journaling Monthly Muse!

Muse:
    verb: to reflect deeply on something
    noun: the source of artistic inspiration

Well Hello there JULY!

Can you believe we are more than half way through 2017 already! I honestly have never had a year go so fast, but then, this year has been so very full for my family already, so maybe that is why I am feeling that way.

This month I decided to take the MUSE a slightly different direction, and engage several of our senses in the inspiration process.

Many Art Journalers, including myself, enjoy using quotes in the pages, so I thought this month we could look to quotes for inspiration.

Each week I will give you a series of quotes and saying on a specific topic. You can use those quotes to inspire the pages you create this month. If you want to include the quote on your page, you are most welcome to, but it is not required. Perhaps the topic does not speak to your heart, but the typography in one of the quotes, or the color theme used does - feel free to take your page that direction instead (but please tell us what inspired you, I so love hearing how people's own personal muses sing!!)

Here are the quotes for this week - all on the theme of NATURE (and there just might be some goodies in the SOSN coming on Wednesday that would fit right in here).

NATURE QUOTES MOOD BOARD
    [​IMG]

Here is the page I made with this - can you tell I was yearning to get outside a bit??
    It is not as Art Journaly as I usually do - but it is perfect for my quote book!
    [​IMG]

So lets see how you are inspired with these quotes! And remember, you can choose your own quote as well, as long as it fits in the theme of NATURE for this week!

NOTE:
    Available still are the template set from Scrapping with Liz if you decide to go the "Skinny" route, but of course you don't have to you could make a full page. If you do decide to go for the Skinnies but haven't got the template from last month, you can find the templates available HERE. In addition Christa created one cool triangle template that you could use (Christa's awesome template is HERE).

Once you are ready to share your page make sure you added to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE and then post it in this thread. To do so, copy the 3rd link on the right hand side of your LO, the one that reads :
    Share BB Code:
    and just paste the copied link into your text
    in the post DO NOT use any icons, no need to click on anything, just copy on the link, then paste it here in your text! :)
    :)
    We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines.
    GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Smwhite, IntenseMagic and Ga_L like this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@mimisgirl Great topic for this month. I'll have to think about this one for a bit. Plus it doesn't help that I'm at the office today. Not a fun place to be when virtually half the staff aren't in because of tomorrow being the 4th of July. What was I thinking???

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    mimisgirl likes this.
  3. mimisgirl

Aww @mcurtt sorry to hear that. Do you get the 4th off?

4. mcurtt

Thankfully yes. :throwpc (what I'd like to do, at least with my PC at work...)

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

hmmmm..... we were outside yesterday, got some pics but not very nature oriented though.....

6. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Erin,
    At one point in your post you write:
    Later you write:
    So are we going to get a new "Quotes Mood Board" every Monday or should we use the same board each week?

mimisgirl likes this.
  7. mimisgirl

sorry. I wrote this late last night while trying to get my kiddos to sleep, lol - I originally wrote month - but meant week - and I only fixed it in one place. I will go fix it in the rest of the places.

I will be giving you new quote boards each Monday to play with!

8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great idea, last month I didn't had time to play but I hope I can this month.
    I love using quotes for Art Journaling, it always helps me to begin the layout

mimisgirl likes this.
  9. mimisgirl

I agree, when I lack mojo I always use it as a spring board for ideas! Can't wait to see what you have for us.

Ga_L likes this.
  10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is an ATC. I used one of the quotes, but only the first part of it. Sort of changes the meaning! :peekin
    [​IMG]

bbymks5, kimingvtx and mimisgirl like this.
  11. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I think I could easily make pages with all of the quotes. But here's one (for now)

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well I decided to try something new this month. I made a new template with the center box dedicated to the theme of the month and have put the quote in it that I will use for my inspiration. I will wait to see how the month develops before I choose the accent paper and the background paper.

Here it is with week 1 at the top:
    [​IMG]

bbymks5, wvsandy and mcurtt like this.
  13. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I love the topic and challenge this week. I have an entire board dedicated to quotes and sayings on Pinterest; thus, decided to use one of those. I go to that board often for inspiration. And, from time to time, those quotes will make their way onto a layout.

This week I chose this as my nature and quote inspiration:
    c3d6acb415f3c18dd5f58de335486aba.jpg

And here is what I made with it:

[​IMG]

Christina W, bbymks5 and flowersgal like this.
  14. mcurtt

Here is mine. The quote I saw thru a Google search and thought it was fitting for the photo. And like Erin, this one, for whatever reason, isn't as artsy as my usual style, but I like it and have called it finished.

[​IMG]

Christina W and bbymks5 like this.
  15. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Inspired mostly by the theme . . .

bbymks5 likes this.
  16. orkan

orkan Well-Known Member

17. mimisgirl

18. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

“THE EARTH HAS MUSIC FOR THOSE WHO LISTEN” Shakespeare

bbymks5, wvsandy and mimisgirl like this.
  19. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Here is my ATC for this week's quote board:

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  20. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

This promises to be another great month.
    Inspired by the typography of the quote in the middle.

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.