So apparently I'm insane...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KittyY, May 5, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ouch! I don't drink coffee, but I love my Diet Coke in the morning for a little caffeine boost. Lots of years I've given up Diet Coke for lent, so I'll go 40 without in the hopes that I'll kick the habit, but I always eventually start drinking it again. I only have one a day though so I never have the headaches thankfully.

2. renee82

renee82 renee82

Good luck! Also, maybe try drinking decaf to help with the habit of having a cup of coffee?

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

So did you started today? When I did it (btw. I am back in my coffee bandwagon) what I did was buy my same coffee in caffeine free. When I brewed it I did half and half of the beans and then after a couple weeks I added a bit more of the caffeine free one until all I was doing was caffeine free.

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've never drank coffee so I don't know how it feels to go off of that. I get kidney stones so they said I'm not supposed to have soda either. Once in a blue moon I'll have a Dr. Pepper. Only caffeine I get is from chocolate or medicines. Good luck on the transition.

[​IMG]

5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I have the attention span of a goldfish so I didn't everything :(

But like others have said, definitely wean slowly...or you will wish you were dead! The headaches are NO joke if you do it too quickly or cold turkey, and you'll swear you have a brain tumor!! Up your water intake at the time too.

Supposedly apples are supposed to have the same effect as caffeine, but I'm not sure I believe it LOL! Try replacing one cup of Joe with a BIG apple?

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hmmm.... apples? I love apples... and so does Bart.

[​IMG]

7. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

8. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

I am weaning off my coffee too - well I pretty much have done it - the first week is REALLY hard - but it gets better, I promise! My tip is to find a nice caffeine free tea you really like to replace it - my preference is the Begal Spice by Celestial Seasonings - It has a really strong Cinnamon flavor - which I LOVE so I don't feel like I am drinking hot water - but has no caffeine and no sugar - so it is good for me - lus I have heard tha cinnamon aides in weight loss - though I am no expert. You can find it at most grocery stores - or online
    https://jet.com/product/detail/6049...205272_pla-306614396612:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My grandma switched from coffee to Pero. She felt like it tasted enough like coffee to give her that flavor, but it was caffeine free. I know it was off the market for awhile, but I've seen it around again.

[​IMG]